Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

3.8

Active ingredients: Octyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate) and Methyl Anthranilate. Other ingredients: Purified Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) PEG-40 Castor Oil (and) POE-20, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclomethicone, DEA-Ceryl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Kalaya Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 1/6/2008 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really like this tinted moisturizer- I use the regular one not oil free- which I find has slightly better coverage and also feels fluffier with a more satiny finish. I find the coverage to be very good for a tinted moisturizer, just a little less than a sheer coverage foundation. I like that I don't absolutely have to powder this down, so I stick it in my gym bag. No breakouts either.

on 1/3/2008 5:09:00 PM

I purchased this at Holt Renfrew (as far as I know it's the only place in Toronto that sells it) for the exorbitant price of $60.

I love the SPF, the texture and how smoothly it goes on, but I find that unlike Tarte's Smooth Operator, I need a LOT of product. With daily use, I am just TEARING through the tube and will need a new one soon. At this price it's a bit unaffordable considering that it doesn't last very long, so I won't be buying it again.

FYI - this is more of a moisturizer and less of a foundation - the coverage is VERY sheer. Much more sheer than other TMs that I've tried.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have found my HG tinted moisturizer and it is a goodie. Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer in Porcelain matches my skin perfectly and gives a sheer finish but for a tinted moisturizer it is somewhat more coverage that many other lines that have this type of foundation. Great packaging also in that it comes in a tube and lasts a good 6 months for me, A litte goes a long way! I cannot comment on breakouts because I normally do not have this happen. $42 is a hefty price but I will pay that for a product that does everything I expect. Have repurchased and will contine to do so!! For reference, I am a NC or NW-15/ppp, pink undertones/green, gold, yellow eyes.

on 12/30/2007 3:11:00 PM

Sarah Jessica Parker claims that that this TM was used on her character (Carrie Bradshaw), as well as the other girls' characters on Sex and the City. Sarah Jessica had a say in how the female characters looked, and she claims that real NYC women don't go around in a full face of makeup; so she had the makeup people on the set use the Laura Mercier TM -to give a pretty glow w/out the cakey foundation stage makeup look.

I've been using this TM for 4 years now, its incredible cause it makes your whole complexion look fresher, and no flakes whatsoever. It actually has some good coverage to it, but it won't make you look like you're wearing a base. I've found all other TM's to be a joke compared to this, cause most other brands will just put a hint of color on your face, but won't cover anything. This TM does what every foundation "should" do (cover w/out looking flakey, cakey, or just obvious to others). I have not worn a regular foundation in years because this is all that you need to have beauitful skin, and if you want more coverage, just add some powder.

on 12/30/2007 4:41:00 AM

Edit: I've tried this again twice (because i don't want to believe i wasted so much money on uch a horrible product!!) and both times it broke me out like crazy!! At the end of the day or by the next day my face broke out in clusters of angry red zits all over. Even worse, the second time i tried it my face broke out even worse and started itching like crazy. I HATE this tm and will be staying away from ALL LM products.

This TM was horrible!! It's mid summer and i wanted something lighter and decided to try this because of it's mostly great reviews. For reference my skin is combo - normal tzone and dryish cheeks (BB warm ivory). I tried this in nude (wasn't yellow enough) and two hours later my face was a greaseball!! Not to mention i looked like i had caked heaps of fdtn on and worse still - while my face was horribly greasy, this still managed to highlight all of my flakes (i exfoliated and moisturized thoroughly that morning)!! ToT Definately WON'T be buying this waste of hard-earned money again!

on 12/26/2007 3:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this comes very close to HG - the texture is great, covers up pretty well for a TM. however, i've noticed persistent bumps around my forehead and chin that wouldn't go away even with nightly bp and salycilic acid treatments. not sure whether i am just allergic to sunscreen or if it blocks my pores so much, but sadly, won't buy this again.

on 12/26/2007 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

HG i had been using stila TM 4eva but i always got dry patches on my nose no matter what i did. I started using this as i felt the color was a perfect match for me (porcelin) it is the perfect coverage for me and really evens out my skin tone. No dry patches or breakout although im not prone to them. i love it and will continue to buy. Price is a little much but i think it will last a long time.

on 12/23/2007 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

After reading about all the raves for this TM, I finally took the plunge and purchased this in shade Porcelain. It is a perfect match for my pale skin and has pretty decent coverage - I was plesantly surprised by that. It doesn't really cover blemishes all that well, but I find that it does a pretty good job at toning down the natural pink/red in my skin. I don't find this very moisturizing, especially now that it's winter, so I use a separate moisturizer under it. I do have to blot throughout the day, but no more than usual. No breakouts so far either and I've been using this for almost 2 months. I would repurchase.

on 12/21/2007 10:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have the oil-free version of this tinted moisturizer and like it so lala. For the colder months it doesn't give me enough moisture. For warmer months though it's okay.Looks quite natural with a nice medium coverage.I don't really like the consistency of this cream though..It makes my face somehow feel dirty.

on 12/15/2007 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wow! this tinted moisturizer is great! I love using this product . This product is great for some one who doesn't like using a lot makeup. I got lots of compliment using this product. People think I have great skin by using this product. Highly recommended this product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundations, Powders, and Tinted Moisturizers: MAC, YSL, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, ETC by Crystal DivaLevy