Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 9/25/2012 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I so wanted this one to work! Whipped Creme Makeup, sounds perfect for my aging skin. It wasn't! Upon application it seemed to dry fast and was hard to blend in. It didn't have the creamy look I expected, instead it was dry and gave my face a flat matte look. Maybe I got an old jar? All the other reviews say the opposite. So anyway I tossed it! If you are older, I suggest trying L'Oreal Visible Lift Repair Absolute Creme makeup!

on 9/25/2012 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The liquid Colorstay is my HG foundation, and the standard by which I judge all others. It lasts all day on my absurdly oily skin, it covers everything I need to cover (some discoloration and a zit every now and then), it doesn't sink into my pores, and I don't need to use a primer to make it look good or last. But, as any good MUAer will understand, just because I have a HG doesn't mean I don't want to keep looking for the next great thing! Lots of raves and good reviews about Colorstay Whipped lead me right to Target to claim a jar for myself.

I have light-medium neutral skin, and I'm using shade 240 (natural beige, I believe). Seems a little bit light, but as the summer color fades more, I think it's going to turn out to be fine. I was expecting a lighter texture, more like a mousse. But it's thicker and creamier. It's super easy to blend into the skin, and it seems to afford you more time to work with it than the original Colorstay does.

I've seen many people here say that a sponge is best for application. I didn't care for a sponge. I find that using a brush and swirling/buffing the product makes it blend into the skin a little better and really leaves a perfect, airbrushed look. I used a concealer brush for areas that need a little extra coverage. With the original, I always use a sponge, and it's fairly quick to apply and no-fuss. But I don't think I like the look of it quite as much as I do the whipped, even if it does take more time.

The original Colorstay always dries down completely and feels and looks more powdery, no matter how much I use. With the whipped version, if I use too much, it never seems to feel dry and makes my face feel kind of slimy. It has a more satin matte finish. Where I can safely skip powder with the original, I prefer to use it with the whipped.

Wear time is a little less for me with the whipped version, maybe by an hour or two, on a normal day with no primer. Though in the hottest days of summer, it doesn't hold out nearly as well without primer. I don't think primer effects how it looks. And no breakouts (though I'm not really prone to that, anyway.)

So all in all, this is a really, REALLY darn good foundation. Am I prepared to say it's better than the original? Ehhhhhhh....not sure. But I can tell you that since buying this about a month ago, I haven't used the original.

UPDATE 10/7/12 - I bought a bottle of the original Colorstay today, and will go back to using it daily. While I do still really like CS Whipped, it just doesn't have the lasting power I need for a full day. But I will keep it and wear it at night or special occasions, as I do prefer the finish.

on 9/25/2012 3:41:00 PM

I tried this foundation because of all the great reviews and it is one of the better ones that I have... I am more of a Bobbi Brown and MAC girl particulary with foundations, but this performs just as well as any higher dollar foundations I have... I have combo skin... oily tzone and normal cheeks and very few foundations stay on my oily tzone all day... this one does not stay on my tzone all day either, but it does pretty good... better than most. I do have to blot and powder mid day on the tzone but it lasts all day perfectly on the rest of my face... And the color match is very good too... all in all a great foundation that I highly recommend. I will re-purchase this when I run out.

on 9/25/2012 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've never been a fan of foundation but this has completely changed my mind. I purchased after reading so many positive things about it and they are all true! This is super easy to apply just using your fingers. It blends really well and looks like bare skin. The texture is lovely and really light considering it's a cream. There's no shimmer and it truly lasts all day even with my shiny t-zone. It leaves my face looking smooth, matte, even and healthy without looking made up. I am pretty fair with a golden undertone and Buff is perfect. It photographs well and doesn't settle into my little lines or pores at all. Revlon is really on a roll with their new launches and I hope they keep it up! This is a definite winner!

on 9/25/2012 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this foundation. I am extremely oily and I can put this on in the AM and it will look very good all day. There may be a slight sheen to my face but nothing like it would be with another foundation. Setting it with powder really helps too. The color looks lighter than it is in the jar. I love the texture and how light it feels. Coverage is buildable and good. No fragrance. Packaging is nice and heavy duty. I really enjoy this.

on 9/24/2012 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Let me start off by saying this is a really good foundation, espically for the price. I do have way more expensive foundations and this compares to them. I never bought the orginal colorstay but i hear this one is better. My skin is oily and this feels great and light weight and you get great flawless coverage. I don't have to re- apply later at all so it really does stay on all day. Every woman should really give this one a try!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My new favorite foundation! The lightest shade matches me perfectly. The coverage is good. It covers all my redness and all the uneveness of my skin, which is all I expect from a foundation. It makes my skin feel fantastic, and it doesn't make me look cakey. It doesn't last super great without powder, which is annoying because I don't like using powder. But overall, it's worth every penny!

on 9/23/2012 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the first foundation I've ever used that broke me out HORRIBLY. And 5 days before my prom as well. My skin is ruined and I'll sit with the results at my prom. Thanks Revlon. Proceed with caution if you have sensitive skin prone to breakouts. This gave me bumps all over and even bigger bumps on places I've never broken out before like my forehead and nose and below my eyes. The color also turned orange on me, despite it being the perfect match ( Sand Beige) , looks caky even if carefully applied and the jar is a complete lie. Looks like a big jar but actually it's not. The stuff also has a odd smell to it that turns me off.

This is probably the worst foundation I've ever worn in my life. The only good thing I can say is that the application is easy and the result smooth but it goes cakey quickly and this had zero oil control for me.

It looked nice and glided on smoothly but I had an allergic reaction. mehh. it stayed on all day and looked very smooth but the coverage was not 24 hours, it stayed on but faded.

on 9/22/2012 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this foundation. I have super oily skin with acne and acne scarring. This foundation covers all my acne scars. You need a concealer for blemishes. This foundation is the only foundation that holds up with my oily skin and looks flawless. It even looks good in fluorescent lights which is a big plus because I go to school all day. I have to blot twice a day which isn't bad for me having super greasy skin, it never gets out of hand.

Popular Crème Foundations