Rimmel Powder Blush - Pink Rose 004

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

MICA, TALC, DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/ CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, ETHYLHEXYL DIMETHYL PABA, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, ISOPROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI77891), IRON OXIDES (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), D&C RED NO. 30 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI73360), D&C RED NO. 7 CALCIUM LAKE (CI15850), ULTRAMARINES (CI77007), D&C RED NO. 6 BARIUM LAKE (CI15850), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI77510), CARMINE (CI75470), FD&C BLUE NO. 1 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI42090), D&C RED NO. 28 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI45410), D&C YELLOW NO. 5 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI19140)].

on 10/19/2008 10:11:00 AM

I love this color (pink rose). It looks so natural on me and has a very faint shimmer to it so that I appear to have radiant skin. It IS cheap as everyone has mentioned--but you're quick to discover where they save on costs: packaging. The compact lid snaps on and off--but mostly off. If bumped just right in your makeup bag, the plastic lid would fall off the compact and you get to enjoy Pink Rose on everything!

on 9/15/2008 4:31:00 PM

What I do like about this product is the super compact design. You could easily fit this into an already packed purse. No brush with the compact so you will need to pack that too. I've tried a few Rimmel pressed powder products and overall I find that they deposit color in a blotchy way, regardless of brush type. If I have to think about how to apply a product, then I don't keep it. Time is precious in the morning and I haven't got the patience. This is a nice, natural "blushing" pink if you have the patience to apply it.

on 9/14/2008 1:34:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been using much more expensive blushes for a long time, mostly gel and cream ones. I bought this one on a whim as I wanted a powder blush to put on quicklyover piwder without having to worry about blending. I am very pleased with this. It stay on all day and the colour is flaterring on my skin. I'd definitely buy again.

on 8/19/2008 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

i cant count the amount of times ive purchased this particular blush and i hope they never discontinue it. this gives that perfect flush without looking ruddy and just brightens my face. i dont wear a lot of make up during the day, the only thing i wear is this blush and nothing else.

on 8/19/2008 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

You definitely need a light hand with this blush. It stays on my face, the pigmentation is there, and it is dirt cheap!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My skin: MAC NC25-30 (Fair-medium with mixed beige and pink undertones)
Product: Rimmel Powder Blush in Pink Rose

What worked: I got this blush in a BOGO offer with a Rimmel foundation that I didnít end up liking all that much. What I did end up liking was this little blush that I didnít give a second thought to in the beginning. It has a nice, pure, pink rose (sort of a muted rose?) color that rivals NARS Orgasm, which has more shimmer than this, but also looks much dirtier and uneven on my skin. If you like the levels of shimmer from Milaniís Luminous or NARS Orgasm, this will be too subtle for you. If you want the pink color pay-off without the frustrating pore-enhancing shimmer, then I suggest this.
What didnít work: Iím not a fan of this clear, tiny container. Though, for the price, it is hard to complain too much. Also, it always stays shut without any problems. Iíd like more than the two hour lasting power this gives, but *please* note that I have very oily skin and all blushes (with the exception of Janeís) last that long on me.

Four out of five. Will repurchase.

UPDATE: Faded way too fast for me, it hardly would make it out the door. I've switched back to Orgasm, which is starting to match my Fall skin quite nicely.
Three out of five. Will not repurchase. continued >>

on 7/13/2008 12:27:00 AM

Surprisingly sweet natural pink with a moderate amount of shimmer.

The new packaging works great,
the old lid always popped off in the makeup bag...
Dirt cheap and as good as the ones thatīll cost you 40$!

You cant go wrong with this as a PPP girl.

on 6/12/2008 3:18:00 PM

Bought this after reading good reviews here and I had a $1 coupon. That made this blush cost around $1.75 at Walmart. So worth it! It's a beautiful natural pink and the staying power is as good as my Nars blush. I need a light hand for my fair skin tone, but it looks great on. Yes, the package is cheap but it works fine and I can't expect more than that when the price is so reasonable. I'd repurchase and will probably try other shades as well.

on 6/8/2008 1:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this based on the reviews here on MUA. It's not expensive and it's a pretty, dark pink in the pan. My skin is fair and this showed up a very natural pink. It is more pigmented than I expected, so go easy on the swipe with the brush. I only gave it a '4' because the packaging is pretty rinky-dink, but it's not expensive, so that's to be expected. I would buy again I think. I alternate this with Milani Luminous and really like them both.

on 5/29/2008 7:35:00 PM

I initially bought this a couple of years ago, tried it, and thought it was ok. I brought it out a few months ago just for the heck of it, and realized what a beautiful and natural pink this is. On my medium/olivey skin, it gives me the perfect healthy flush (as if I had just worked-out). My only complaint (which is very minor) is the packaging--I find that the lid comes off quite frequently, which is annoying. However, I haven't had any problems with dropping and cracking! I will definitely repurchase.