Clinique Super City Block SPF 40

3.5

PPD = 8. zinc oxide 8.8%, octinoxate 7.5%, titanium dioxide 6.6%, octisalate 2% Other ingredients: water (aqua purificata) purified, trioctyldodecyl citrate, butylene glycol, dimethicone, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, steareth-2, silica, aluminum stearate, angelica acutiloba (japanese angelica) root extract, zizyphus jujuba fruit extract, rosa roxburghii fruit extract, citrus unshiu peel extract, porphyra yezoensis (algae) extract, paeonia suffruticosa (peony) root extract, gardenia florida extract, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) flower extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, paeonia albiflora (peony) root extract, poria cocos sclerotium extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, betula alba (birch) bark extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, yeast extract (faex), sodium rna, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, tocopheryl acetate, pantethine, glycerin, glucose, squalane, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, tricaprylin, propylene glycol dicaprate, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), hexylene glycol, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, caprylyl glycol, barium sulfate, polyethylene, xanthan gum, magnesium aluminum silicate, lecithin, ceteth-2, peg-40 stearate, sodium stearate, steareth-20, sorbitan tristearate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, citric acid, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, mica, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), titanium dioxide (ci77891)

on 8/1/2011 8:19:00 PM

I bought it from sasa for around USD 20-25 when it was on sale. So price is okay.
I have combination skin and my T-zone tends to get really oily after a long day sitting in the office (sometimes they turn the heater on during winter which makes it even worse).
So I use a less oily sunscreen on my T-zone and clinique super city block on other areas.
It is quite oily and greasy when I first applied it. However, my makeup was easier to put on and stays longer too. After a few hours it sort of "melts" into my skin and gives my face a really nice radiance.
That said... it breaks me out!! :(( And I get more whiteheads when using this.
Unfortunately, I will not repurchase.

on 7/28/2011 10:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've been using this product daily since March 2011. I loved the product when I first purchased it and wanted to wait several months before commenting. Can't stand glowing reviews of a product that have only been used for 2 days! Still love it! My skin is fair and oily, and I live in the hot and humid deep South. I use it daily under my Clinique Superbalanced foundation. The product comes out with a light color, but it blends seamlessly into the skin. My foundation goes right on top with no balling issues or streaking. My skin stays matte for at least 6 hours. I'm finally half-way through the tube after 4 months. I will be repurchasing.

on 7/25/2011 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is absolutely my HG sunscreen. I got a very dull looking skin a year ago, then I went to a dermatologist that said it's because I use a moisturizer that contains SPF. So, to my skin I should wear moisturizer and SPF separately.
After doing treatment in the dermatologist, I was not allowed to use a powder for 2 days. I only allowed to wear sunscreen. I felt my face so oily that time, then I bought this clinique super city block (I chose SPF 40, because the sales assistant said it's more long lasting and suit to my pale skin). And voila! I felt my skin was much more less oily and it also brighten my face. So, it doesn't matter if I can't use powder for 2 days!
I'm on my second tube right now, it last for long time and I absolutely will continue to buy it :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I am beyond disappointed in this product. I always wear sunscreen and liked the fact that this was tinted. I thought I could wear it in lieu of foundation. It looks too greasy on the face to wear with makeup.
The sunscreen also pills on your face and looks very unattractive. Worst of all, my face is tan! This product did not block the sun as I expected and I have used Retin-A for years and years to get rid of all of the sun spots on my skin. It is imperitive that I shield my face from the sun. Now, my sun spots are back!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This sunscreen just didn't work for me. It balls up and flakes easily, does not seem to absorb or set and feels heavy and oily (even though it is oil-free). Packaging sucks too, I find that the product keeps oozing out of the tube whenever I place it right side up. And somehow my fingers hate the packaging too - I never fail to drop the cap whenever I pick up the sunblock to use. Major fail. Will not recommend.

on 7/11/2011 5:32:00 AM

Ok,so i have been using this product for 2 years now every single day.As a wrinkle preventative measure.And let me tell you ,i am turing 25 this year ,and no one ever guesses my age right!!!People tell me i dont look a day over nineteen!And i am quite tall so it has to be my face!!I dont have a single line around my eyes!!Nor sign of a future one.I ally around my eyes aswellAnd i dont find it greasy or irritating at all.Yesterday i had to sit in the sun for three hours ,and no sign of even the slightest sunburn!!!Will use this forever!!!

on 7/9/2011 7:20:00 PM

This is probably the worst sunblock I've ever used. There is a color tint to it that is hard to match skin tones too. It goes on and it looks like a chalky white mask. Feels oily and heavy. Will be pawning this off to somebody else and will not buy again.

on 7/9/2011 7:09:00 PM

There are lots of sunscreens on the mark to choose from but I decided to buy this sunscreen because I know its a favourite of one of the make-up artists and beauty gurus on youtube. The first day I started wearing this my skin looked more clean and polished than ever. I love wearing foundation and this sunscreen really does double-up as a good primer for underneath my make-up. I'm impressed that this doesn't look greasy or white cast in any way-so you can't even tell you have anything on your face. It comes out the tube looking tinted but seems to blend in with my fair NC 15 skin tone with no problems. Sunscreens are generally quite expensive, in my opinion, so this one isn't any more pricey than the average.
My skin can be quite sensitive to heat bumps and sometimes I feel this product makes my reaction towards them worse, this is only a very ocassional problem for me but I would advise very sensitive skin types to test this product before buying just to make sure it doesn't irritate your skin.
Overall, a really nice product that I would be happy to repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have a very oily t-zone and i love this product. I use it everyday under my MAC pro longwear foundation. I put it on at 6am and I blot at 12pm. So i wont be using another sunblock on my face.

on 6/15/2011 1:33:00 PM

This stuff is terrible. Very slimy application, greasy and slimy after it's on your skin. I waited 20 minutes for this to soak in. It barely absorbed. I ran my finger across my skin and it came back shiny and greasy feeling. It just would not sink in!!

I applied my powder makeup after the 20 mins, and my brush dragged across my face. After I was done, my makeup brush felt greasy and gross.

This is just absolutely DISGUSTING. I am returning it asap.

STAY AWAY!!