MAC Brush Cleanser

4.4

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), SD Alcohol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Triclosan, Red 33, Blue 1.

on 7/8/2011 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I use this brush cleanser often and I would recommend it to others. It's a pretty big bottle and depending on your usage it will last accordingly. Not too pricey either. Good buy overall.

on 7/4/2011 11:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Does what it's meant to do. My brushes come out clean and super soft. Will never try anything else to clean my brushes

on 6/30/2011 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Works great. Expensive - but lasts awhile.

on 6/1/2011 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

does what it says. it removes the make up on my brush. helps me keep my brushes clean and now I just need to wash my brushes every two weeks. joy.

on 5/27/2011 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

That's an effective brush cleanser for spot cleaning.
I dilute it with water 3:1, use a spray bottle to put it in, spray a tissue cloth and swipe my brushes until they look clean. This way it's still effective and much less product is needed. I repeat almost every time i do my make up, so i don't worry for bacteria since i'm acne-prone and hygiene is very important for me to keep my face in good condition.
Of course i have to deep clean every now and then with shampoo - especialy foundation brushes who tend to absorb foundation and powder/ blush brushes that i think are too tufted to be considered clean after using this alone.
Overall i think the cleanser helps and will repurchase many times.

on 5/27/2011 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use it to spot-clean my brushes. Just put some of it on a tissue and wipe your brushes back and forth. Repeat if needed. Great stuff but why don't they put it in a spray bottle???

on 5/27/2011 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

currently have 2 bottles (went out of the country, and was stuck without it)
I dilute this down to about 1/3-1/4 with water and keep it in a spray bottle for spot-cleaning. Same concentration in warm water works really well for deep cleaning as well. I wouldn't use this full-strength simply because I don't need to! Great stuff.
One downside - the bottle cap (on both of mine) is a bit leaky... but as long as you're not travelling with it, it should be fine!

on 5/14/2011 12:10:00 AM

This is the only thing I wash my brushes with. I've used baby shampoo and other methods and other brands but I always end back with MAC's brush cleanser. I hate the bottle though but I don't care for it because I'll transfer all the cleanser into an empty Fix+ bottle. If you don't have a bottle like that just put it into a spray bottle. It makes a HUGE difference lolz. You use less and it's easier to spot clean! I have nothing bad to say about this and if I wasn't on my 5+ bottle of this...I wouldn't hate it.

on 5/4/2011 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Love this guy! It makes cleaning my eye brushes a breeze when I'm in a hurry :) The fact that this doesn't have a pump doesn't bother me too much.

on 5/3/2011 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This works really well at cleaning my brushes, so much quicker and easier than deep cleaning with baby shampoo.

The price is great for the large bottle (235ml) .

The only thing i would recommend is buying ither a pump to fit the bottle or just a spray bottle because you use alot less product!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools