Lancome Hypnose

3.8

Ingredients: aqua, paraffin, beeswax, stearic acid, carnauba wax, acacia, palmitic acid, triethanolamine, PEG-40 stearate, simethicone, sodium polymethacrylate, aminomethyl propanediol, hydrogenated jojoba oil, hydrogenated palm oil, hydroxyethylcellulose, panthenol, polyquaternium-10, methylparaben, propylparaben, bht. May contain: CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77492/CI 77499/CI 77491 (iron oxides), CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), mica.

on 8/20/2013 7:51:00 AM

Was recommended by a friend to try this. Smudges under my eyes and doesn't hold the curl. Wand isn't that great, makes my lashes very spidery and clumpy as there is a lot of excess on it

I had a sample size of this one. It is extremely clumpy and thick. Wouldn't recommend it. I am pretty sure i would look like a raccoon if I wore this on a rainy day ~

on 8/9/2013 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara is great if you want thicker, fuller lashes, but beware! They may get TOO thick and you may only end up with 4 lashes, which happens to mine when I am using this product.

Boy, I love my Hypnose. It gives GREAT volume and GREAT length. I have naturally full lashes but mine literally look fake after applying this (which I like). Here's the great thing about it that separates it, for me, from any competitors: the formula is buildable. This means that 1) you can create a look that is more/less dramatic depending on how much you apply and 2) you can reapply this throughout the day. Normally, once mascara sets, adding extra coats will only create spidery, clumpy, lashes. However, this formula is designed to be layered so it handles much better. Definitely try this if you love a dramatic lash look-- worth the dough!

on 8/6/2013 5:56:00 AM

Very comfortable to wear. Looks natural. Wearable at daytime.
Doesn't clump, flake or look spidery. Brush goes on well, but I do pull a lash comb through it too.
Would like it to hold curl a little more, but lengthens well.
Pricy. At $50 each, that's $600 per year on mascara.

on 7/19/2013 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

For most of my life, I kept using drugstore mascaras. Finally one day, I decided to try Benefit's They're Real mascara. I really liked the mascara, the separation of my lashes was amazing. However, I found that it only provided length and not enough volume. My natural eyelashes are very long (my bottom ones not so much), but are very sparse and light (even though I am a natural brunette and have dark eyebrows!) I love mascaras that give me a lot of volume and are super dark, since I am a huge fan of dramatic eyelashes at all times. When I finally finished my Benefit mascara, I asked the beauty advisor at SDM to recommend a mascara for me. She recommended Lancome Hypnose. Even though I felt it was a bit pricey (I paid $31 + tax), I gave in. At first I didn't like the mascara and thought it didn't give me any special results. However, once I kept using the mascara more and more I grew to really like it. I guess the older it became the better it was. The mascara is wet which I absolutely love, I can't stand dry mascaras. I have pretty sensitive eyes and this mascara never makes my eyes itch or water. It also doesn't flake throughout the day, even though I am sometimes wearing it for 12 hours straight or more! The mascara makes my very long but thin eyelashes look amazing! It nearly doubles them in length. With this mascara on, my eyelashes almost touch my eyebrows! It even lengthens my bottom lashes which look pretty sad without any mascara on! I had my engagement party not too long ago and decided to try this mascara with a primer on. The primer I used was from one of those double-ended mascaras that L'Oreal made (I forgot the name of it, but the primer end is an ivory-white color whereas the mascara end was blue). I put several coats of the primer one, waited them to try a bit and put at least 5 layers of Lancome Hypnose over. I couldn't believe the results. Considering how much mascara I piled on, there were absolutely no clumps and my lashes were soooo long and incredibly thick. I was shocked. I had several people at my engagement party ask me if I was wearing falsies and someone even said that they thought I was wearing the Ardell double-up lashes! I'm really happy with this mascara and as long as my wallet permits it, I'll continue to buy it. Definitely try pairing it up with the primer for more drama for a special occasion. :)

on 7/16/2013 10:14:00 AM

I continue to go back to this mascara, no matter what others I try. I love it!

I will say though, do not mistake it with "Hypnose Doll Eyes" and buy that one instead. My boyfriend bought that one by accident for me, instead of just Hypnose, and it was not worth the money at all. Hypnose all the way!

on 7/12/2013 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am in love with this mascara! As a long term user of Maybelline mascaras, I found Maybelline formulas to be dry and flakey. LancĂ´me Hypnose is smudge proof, buildable for fantastic volume and holds curl. My lashes look twice as big with this mascara and I swear that my lashes have grown and have more natural curl since making the change. Totally converted!

on 6/30/2013 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

So my bf's mom gave me a whole bunch of mascaras to try out from lancome and tarte. Out of all the mascaras she gave me from lancome, this one was by far the worst. Clumped the second I put it on my lashes. The formula is quite wet so I don't understand how it clumps so badly. Every time I put it on I end up with little balls of product at the tips of my lashes, and if I try to comb them out they just don't come out. I have to remove them my pinching them off. This is possibly one of the worst mascaras I've ever used. I've tried drugstore mascaras at $6 better than this $27 mascara.

on 6/27/2013 11:45:00 AM

I've tried so many mascaras out there but found Hypnose to be in my top 3. Only the original Hypnose and not the other variances. I find that this lengths and thickens my lashes and lasts all day. Other mascaras tend to clog and flake off after a few hours. I'm a heavy makeup user and wear full makeup from 8am until late at night, and this is the only mascara that's proven to stick with me! I also recommend "They're Real" by Benefit if looking for a cheaper option.

Popular Mascaras