NYX Ultra Pearl Mania

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Mica (and) Iron Oxides (and) Titanium Dioxide

Love love LOVE these pigments! They're great; extremely finely milled, amazing color payoff and blends together like buttahhhhh!! Only thing that I really have to complain about is just what everyone else has mentioned; the packaging. I own all of their pigments, and I had to go about putting them in jars with sifters, which makes them much more usable. Kind of a hassle, but worth in my opnion. Plus, you get a pretty freakin' decent amount for your money (I paid just over a dollar for each one), so that's awesome as well. Color selection is a bit limited, but hey, if you want some pigments to play around with in some fun colors, try these out! My faves are Oro, Walnut, White and Ocean. Wish they had an emerald green!

on 12/31/2008 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love these-- Beautiful colors--lasting --go on nicely--very inexpensive--
What is not to love???Maybe the bottles they come in I put them in 5 gram jars--much better access to the product.
I got 24 of them on ebay and loved almost all the browns oranges golds they were great I even thought the blues and all the other colors were gorgeous I just cannot wear those shades--too showy or bright for my coloring--
But these overall are a great little product :-D

on 12/31/2008 6:00:00 PM

If you're not looking for a lot of multi-dimensionality, this is a perfect alternative to MAC pigments. I will never pay MAC prices when I could get an NYX product that is essentially the same. That being said, if you want the multi-dimensionality and multiple colours that one MAC pigment sometimes has (ie: Melon has gold and orange aspects), you will have to get MAC.

But I digress. This review really should be just about NYX ultra pearl manias. And I have to say, they're fantastic. They last, they're super blendable, and they come in great colours. I wish there were more though still - it's just such a great product!

I wish the packaging was a bit different though. The lip at the top of the jar is a bit of a pain.

on 12/22/2008 9:20:00 PM

These are great and definitely a bargain! I bought mine when they were .99 cents at cherryculture.com but they've gone up to like 2 dollars. I would still pay that for them, it's still super cheap considering the amount you get. There is a lot of fall out because they are so powdery and finely milled but if you do the loose powder under the eye trick it's not a problem at all you can just sweep it away! The packaging is awful! They come in a little bottle with a small opening so there is no way you can get a brush in there. I put mine in little empty jars from everyday minerals sample kits, but any small jar will do just be sure to clean it out with alcohol first! You don't want bacteria getting into the eyeshadow! I will repurchase these if I ever run out! You get a lot of product so they will last a long time.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love my NYX pearl mania collection. I bought all 24 colors plus the 6 glitters on ebay. It's really pigmented and the price is great... kind of a cost effective version of mac. There are only two downsides of the product: its VERY powdery so theres alot of fall out and it gets messy, the other downside is the packaging its impossible to get a brush inside the tiny bottles but I remedied that by ditching the original bottles for sifter pots which helps alot and eliminates some of the fall out.

on 11/16/2008 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love my ultra pearl manias. I have the turquoise, the nude, the fanta pink, and the lime pearl. They are extremely pigmented and I poured them out into empty Everyday Minerals sample jars so I can use them since their own containers were not going to work for me. I wrote that I wouldn't repurchase because this stuff (and all my other eyeshadows) will last me a while. I decided to use the pigments I didn't put in the 5 gram jars mixed together in interesting combinations in more empty 5 gram jars. I had some mineral foundation samples that were way to dark to use ever and though a couple could be used as eyeshadows possibly (colors were too flat, though), there was one that was really really dark brown that I decided to add some nude ultra pearl mania to make it shimmerier and lighter and more usable. I also mixed my fanta and turquoise to make a purply mauve in a sample jar. And I mixed lime pearl with turquoise to make a light greenish blue. Not a teal, not an aqua, but still pretty. They need to have a true green in this, the only green they have is lime pearl. I also tried mixing the turquoise with the nude to make a lighter more cobalt blue. Next time I would order the silver to see what new things I could make. I'm happy with my experiments and very happy with these pigments. Even applied dry they show up well.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Love love love these!

If you want the look of Mac but on a budget go for these. They don't offer as vibrant colors but they are still beautiful on.

The one thing I can't stand is the packaging. You can't fit your brush into the bottle they come in, or at least I couldn't. I had to transfer all my pigments to 1/2oz jars to I could use them.

Nice product though.

P.S. If you want to try them don't go to nyxcosmetics.com because they are $2 a peice, which is cheap but you can get them for 1.25 right now at cherryculture.com :)

on 10/26/2008 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I live in Canada so it is hard to come across NYX products at the regular drugstores. To my surprise, Pharmas Plus actually sold NYX so I hovered towards the little section and scampered through the Ultra Pearl Mania pigments. They are quite expensive in comparison to the United States. (About 4.99 plus tax, which is not bad but still hefty for the amount that was in the little bottle) I got the green one and the purple one... which I forgot the exact names to. I got home and gave it a try and they were quite pigmented and had a nice staying power but the packaging is not good at all. I swear I must've killed like 1/8 of the bottle when I first dipped my brush in there. Nevertheless, I will definitely repurchase again when the price goes down.

on 10/20/2008 12:27:00 PM

Considering how cheap these pearl loose pigments are the quality is amazing. I have "Ocean Pearl", "Space Pearl" and "Fanta Pearl", all of them are really pigmented and easy to work with. I love the effect you get, shimmery but not glittery. I will definitely buy more of these. Took one lippie of because of the horrible packaging. Come on, it's almost impossible to get a brush down there and trying to put a little pigment in the cap means a bathroom full of eyeshadow.

on 9/30/2008 7:08:00 PM

These pigments are awesome! You get sooo much product in the little containers, WAY more than 5 grams. The color pay off is great too. I think my favorite is probably White Pearl because it is a great highlighter, and it isn't too bright or too shimmery. My only problem with these pigments is the container. The opening to the bottle is way too small to fit a brush in there so really your only option is to buy jars to put them in. I would definitely recommend these to anyone, just make sure you have so extra jars handy or you won't be able to use them!