MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This color grew on me. Originally I didn't like it, but, I have grow too love it! Beautiful red and at first I didn't think I would like the matte formulation but, it is absolutely gorgeous and sophisticated.

on 8/16/2014 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I really enjoy this lipstick. It compliments every skin tone, and is a stand out look-at-me red. I do have to admit that it is quite drying, but for a long night out, this lipstick is fantastic :)

on 8/16/2014 9:16:00 AM

It's ok. There are far better MAC shades...

on 7/30/2014 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is... One of my FAVORITE red lipsticks due to it's formula. It's VERY matte. I have to put on lip balm and then blot off the excess then put on the lipstick, putting on lip balm after definitely helps a lot. Even though it's drying to some I find it lasts ALL DAY and doesn't transfer much. When I'm eating greasy food it doesn't even move much if at all. Definitely blot off any moisture as this has a lot of wax within it and it'll repel the moisture and can sort of go on uneven when you're applying closer to the inner/center of the lip.

As for the color, it's a nice red color with blue undertones. I wouldn't call it a true red though it pics it does come off that way because the flash tends to... Sort of make blue toned lipsticks a lot brighter. I have a very yellow complexion and this kind of looks maroon-ish on me, but in pics it looks very good.
If you're very warm toned and you're taking pics then this is the one to use.

If you're very warm toned and you want a true red use "Lady Danger" it's a coral red and the warmth of my skin tends to make lady danger look a true red, so the coral tone is sort of... Not so coral compared I my skin if that makes sense?

I won't knock off stars because of the color because I find that ridiculous. Even though it looks darker than I thought it would on ME I won't blame the lipstick.
MAC makeup was made to be used in photography and film so I'm sure using a lot of blue tones that show up brighter and better in photos and film is sort of what has to be done.

If you're neutral or cool toned this will look great. My cousin is quite cool toned and it looks more of a true red on her though she is an NW35 while I'm an NC25-30.

on 7/26/2014 3:02:00 PM

This is a go to red lipstick. it has warm tones and blue tones. If you dont like red lipstick I think its pretty obvious by the name that it is a red matte lipstick. and the feeling of this matte is amazing as well. I love it and I cant believe it took me this long to get my hands on it

on 7/26/2014 1:44:00 PM

I really wanted to like this. But the color is totally different from all the pics and swatches on the internet. I ordered this online trusting all the videos and pictures of the shade thinking it was a warm toned red with a slight hint of blue.I was so disappointed to find it is aloooot bluer and darker than all the pics of Ruby Woo I had checked out earlier. My lips are naturally dark so I could not pull this off at all. And with foundation on my lips, it had only a pinkish tone. I am so upset I paid for this. It is not wearable for me at all.

on 7/18/2014 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the red you are looking for.

on 7/13/2014 6:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

If you want the brightest red lipstick possible this has to be the one!... its very matt with an almost orangey tone rather than pink red.... you definitely need the right lipliner to go with it, a nude lipliner shows up... i find very red lipsticks don't suit me, unless you have very well defined or large lips with a good shape, i dont really think you can get away with lipsticks this bright! I personally would need a glossy lipstick over the top ad it makes my lips look small and thin. However i heard its Dita von Teeses favourite and it looks fab on her!!!!

Teesesfavourite and it looks far!!!

on 7/12/2014 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my all time favorite red lipstick and definitely one of my favorite lipstick overall.

It is a true red that goes well with every skin type. I could definitely wear this everyday . It's a matte finish that is very long lasting. It could be a bit drying but make sure your lips are moisturized before application. I pair this with MACs cherry LipLiner . It's perfect. Of course it has macs signature lipstick smell and the packaging is convenient for traveling.

Definitely will be a staple in your makeup collection

on 7/10/2014 7:28:00 AM

I love this amazing lipstick .. The color , the pigmentation , the longevity .. It is Awesomeness packed together ...
I was always scared to put on a pure red color thinking it would not suit me .. I tried this after reading all the rave reviews and the moment I tried it at a mac store , it was total love ..
It brightens up my face and can add definition to a regular outfit .. The color is rich and sophisticated and the finish smooth.

The only negative us the matte texture but can be easily worked with some clear lip balm .

Popular Lipsticks