Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

4.2

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Jojoba Esters, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycol Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium PCA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Polyquaternium-4, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 9/24/2009 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used an entire tube of this up as a daily cleanser in the morning shower. I like a little light exfoliation every morning to slough off the dead stuff that accumulated overnight. This stuff fills the bill very well. IMO, it is gentle enough for me to use every day, yet has enough "scrubbiness" to get the job done. The addition of AHA/BHA is gimmicky, since it doesn't stay on the skin long enough to actually exfoliate, and the price is pretty high, so I won't be repurchasing. For a less expensive drugstore product to try as a dupe, I'd recommend the pore refining cleanser by neutrogena.

on 8/9/2009 12:11:00 AM

I love this cleanser! I was planning on only using it the recomended 3 times a week but when i ran out of my main cleanser i just used this twice a day and im going to continue. Ive been using it for 2 weeks, My acne scars are all but gone my pores across my cheeks and nose are almost clear, no new breakouts, skin feels firm and smooth. I suffered from milia also and that has more or less gone.
I only need a nickel size amount, it doesnt foam it just gets a little creamy. i dont find it to evasive, its not too harsh of a scrub. My skin is very very oily and i love that at night my skin feels so refreshed.
I love this cleanser soooo much. It is fairly expensive at $37 a tube but i think its going to last me 2 months. The packaging is ok, im not sure how the frosted plastic affects it. I sometimes leave it on my shelf in the shower and the sun shines right on it.
Ive been following it with apple cider vinegar in the evenings so im not sure how much off my success has been the cleanser or the vinegar.

on 7/10/2009 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

it works great.my face feel brighter and cleaner. too expensive,but on the other hand it last very long as i m only using 3 times per week.

on 7/4/2009 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got a big sample of this and I'm going to order a full size of this when I have used all of it. Loving it, my new HG scrub.
I have been using Clinique exfoliating scrub and Dermalogica skin prep scrub, both are great, but Paula Begoun doesn't like them. Both are working great for me, but I wanted a more gentle everyday type scrub. She "recommended" this for normal-dry as an exfoliant cleanser, but it works great for my oily skintype as well.
I don't use it everyday, the salegirl sad that I could, I'm using it every other day as an evening cleanser + scrub. Cleanses great, and it is gentle and effective. After I put on BE Skin rev-er upper that is an 1% BHA to exfoliate deeper in my pores. Works great for me.
If you can get a sample try it.

on 6/18/2009 3:35:00 PM

I use this as a morning cleanser and use cetalphil the rest of the day. I love this cleanser as I have oily combi skin and this contains great exfoliaters and jojoba beads which are wonderful in helping get rid of blackheads. the tube of cleanser lasts a long long time as you only need a dot on each part of the face. Its not drying like other aha/bha cleasners.

on 3/7/2009 12:18:00 AM

WOW! This exfoliating cleanser is nothing short of a miracle. Really, after a week, my skin was NOTICEABLY smoother. I have gooten loads of remarks on my complexion because of this product. I am *serious*. I use it almost daily as a night time cleanser. Seriously, if you're looking for something that really does a GREAT job, this product is it.

And, it is not irritating or drying...simply marvelous.

on 2/21/2009 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using scrubs regularly for years and I've tried several products. I used to have flakes around the lips and cheeks even though I used scrubs regularly.
I've been using this one 2-3 times a week for a couple of months and it's time to say "this is THE SCRUB":P
I don't remember when I last had flakes. It leaves the skin silky and glowing without irritation and helps enhance my complexion.
It looks expensive but it's very very long lasting unlike other scrubs. I say don't hesitate giving it a shot;)

on 12/29/2008 9:59:00 PM

After the first few times, I did notice some dry patches, but overall it left my skin much softer and brighter. I am now using once-twice a week and no dry patches have been noticed, so I'll continue using.

on 12/1/2008 3:45:00 AM

First and only Murad product I have ever liked. I think Murad and I are just not a match because out of 6 Murad tries this is the only one that I am happy with. The first few times I used it I didn't like it but after subsequent uses I find it to have excellent exfoliating properties. I think maybe you should start out slow with it till you can see how your skin reacts. The first few times it made me skin really dry, with cracked patches so I slowed way down in the frequency and then built it back up to every couple of days. I feel like it makes me skin brighter and a little bit of it can go a long way so it's actually a good value.

on 11/3/2008 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

When I purchased this product on the internet (and the Renewing Cleansing Cream - see review), I didn't realise that it was a granule exfoliator. I thought that it would be AHAs and BHA in a gel-like formula.

Regardless of this, I found that this exfoliator is very gentle and can be used almost every day. In fact I probably do use it every day, if only on my nose, as I originally purchased it thinking that the BHA would unclog the VERY stubborn pores on my nose. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have a very high concentration of salicylic acid and my blackheads have remained there.

All in all, it isn't a fantastic scrub - but thankfully it doesn't leave my skin dry or scratchy like a more abrasive one would.

Popular Scrubs