Maybelline Color Tattoo - Tough as Taupe

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

For those having trouble blending these shadows, try using Sonia kashuk's duo fibre eye shadow brush. It works like a mini MAC 187--perfect for creams. I've been using Jessie's girl or fergie for WnW as a primer under cream/liquid shadows lately, and my supremely oily eyelids are crease-free for a good 8 hours.

Tough as taupe really went above and beyond the competitors by being double-duty. I have tried and set aside both benefit cream shadow and MAC paint pots, but I enjoy color tattoos. On my dark brown brows (neutral), tough as taupe is surprisingly awesome. It also makes a great base for my new favorite eyeliner, rimmel taupe. Wonderful combo for a bottom lash liner.

Even the packaging is wonderful, very sturdy. Highly recommended, for brows and eyes!

on 5/30/2013 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was the first Maybelline Color Tattoo that I have bought, but it hasn't been the last. I have noticed the performance is different across the board. This one doesn't have the best performance, but it isn't horrible.

This is a muddy grey. It is hard to get it to apply evenly, but it is possibly to get it even. You just have to work with it. I find this works best when applied with a brush and you need to work with it pretty quick because it sets even quicker.

If is really hot it will crease and I find it works best and looks best with a grey powder setting it. I don't wear this often, but it does lend itself well to certain sultry looks. :)

on 5/21/2013 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

The Color Tattoo line sounded intriguing to me--I figured that the products would somewhat resemble Paint Pots in texture and appearance.
"Tough as Taupe" caught my eye one day as a was speeding through the makeup aisle.
The color through the jar appeared to be a very pretty purplish-tinged taupe,
so into my cart it went. Upon opening the jar, and running my (clean!) finger across the product surface, my jaw dropped open! The purplish taupe "skin" on top gave way
to the ugliest muddiest color that I'd ever laid eyes on.
Trying to be optimistic, I put some on my eyelids in hopes that this color looked better on me than in the jar. Not! Two very muddy looking eyes are what stared back at me,
and it took forever to get it off.
I just hope that I can dig up that receipt!

on 5/21/2013 1:44:00 PM

Terrible. Compared with the other tattoos, this has no staying power at all - it creases on me within a couple of hours. The colour is awful - more muddy than taupe. It is much darker than it looks in the pot. You could spend your hard-earned money on this, or you could rub some mud on your lids - it would have about the same result.

EDIT: I disliked this so much I gave it away.

on 5/21/2013 1:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not happy with this product. Bought this in hopes that it would be a dupe for Mac's paint pots. And at first it seemed to work quite well. Unfortunately I've had this maybe 4 months and it is completely dried out and unworkable. I've had Mac paint pots a year and they are still creamy. For me I'd rather spend just a little more and have it last longer.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

When I first saw this, I thought i was getting a purple-ish color. When I rubbed my finger on it, the true color started to show. I was surprised. It is very creamy and stays on a very long time with a primer

on 5/9/2013 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I think they literally meant "tough" when they named this, because it's tough to get on. I also got this in "barely branded" which is part of the metal line. The barely branded one is actually nice to put on and glides on and is creamy. The tough taupe one is really thick and stiff and honestly kind of hard to put on and blend. I tried my finger and also brushes and it was kind of hard to put on. I wouldn't use it as a crease color or anything like that because it's so hard to blend but you could use it as a lid color or base I'm sure. Since I love the color so much I probably won't be returning it, I'll find a use for it. I might use it for my eyebrows. Maybe leaving it on a sunny windowsill would warm it up and make it easier to put on. But yeah, if you think it being thick and kind of hard to apply would really annoy you, you might want to steer clear of it. It stays on nicely though.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I do not like it as a shadow. The color was like concrete on me. I agree that many will be able to use it as a brow filler, but not me. There IS alot of product for the money, & that is a plus. Would not repurchase. I returned it.

on 5/5/2013 8:39:00 AM

Personally I found this product extremely pigmented and found it best when applied with my fingers. It must be blended in quickly though because once it sets it won't budge! I really like how buildable it is, it can be sheered out to create a naturally defined eye or can be a dramatic grey smoky eye. It barely creases on me even when I don't apply a primer beforehand :) It was a lot cheaper than I had expected and I love this product so much!

on 4/29/2013 3:15:00 PM

The positive reviews have suckered me into buying this. This did not work for me at all! It remained a creamy texture throughout the day, and kept making these liquidy half-moons over my crease which I had to constantly keep blending in. Ugh, just a horrible product for me. The color is pasty looking to boot. I got it on sale, so it wasn't too difficult to toss it in the trash where it belongs.