New York Color Pressed Translucent Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide

on 5/4/2010 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

AWWW This was the first powder I ever used. I was like in the 6th grade and going through that hardcore oil producing period on my face and this worked soooo nice! I am an nc40-nc42 and this matched me. After all my oil it turned my shade. IDK why i gave this up? Oh yeah, cuz I discored MAC and thought I was too good for NYC. lol. Def would buy again if I had to.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this out of broke-ness and need when my foundation oxidized while out running errands.

Four months later, I'm about to hit pan. I LOVE this. It looks hella white and a bit pink in the pan but it blend perfectly on my NC10 yellow skin. It's super fine and doesn't cake AT ALL.

Just buy a pack of those little puffs from CVS or Ulta and you're good to go.

(I think I like this better than both my MAC Blot and MAC MSFN, shhh)

on 3/31/2010 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased two of these compacts one to keep with my makeup and one for my purse. I read the reviews about purchasing a better puff so that kind of sucked, but is so true. In my daily make-up routine I only use this under my eyes after foundation and before loose powder to brighten. It blends well but I usually forget this step when I'm in a rush, so it's not crucial. The one I keep in my purse is for blotting (use with a very light hand) but I find myself using it more just for the mirror. It's cheap, nice to have and I'd probably would repurchase it when I feel I need a fresh one. NW/NC 25 or Light-Medium with Neutral/Beige Undertone and I found this to be much lighter then my natural coloring.

continued >>

on 3/16/2010 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I recently purchased this product based on all the great MUA reviews. At first I didn't like it because I thought it was a bit too translucent to the point to where it left my skin looking white. But a small amount of blending takes care of that problem for the most part. The product blends quite nicely and makes my oilies go buh-bye.I agree with everyone else on the packaging, but it's not the worst I've ever seen. It's just very basic, but for that price I won't complain. I will finish this one up and not repurchase. I prefer something that doesn't make my skin look pale. I have darker skin and this kind of "chalks" it out.

Edit: this product is growing on me! I lost the sponge (meaning I trashed it) and started using a portable kabuki brush to apply just a little bit on my t-zone. I love the results!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love this powder! It mattes out your foundation and is not powdery. It's definitely translucent,it has no color to it. I really like it, a very nice product for the inexpensive price.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Despite it's cheap packaging and cheap price, it's really good. I expected it to look chalky on my skin since I got it in Translucent but it didn't. It blended right in and looked invisible. It also set my concealer and foundation and lasted a long time. But, I probably won't buy again because of the cheap packaging. I can't take it anywhere without worrying it's going to break.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I use this product every day! I have very oily skin and even with exfoliation, blotting sheets, and powder, I still get shiny within an hour or so of doing myself up. This powder doesn't fix that, but it makes my skin look good for a while. That's really the best I can ask for, as I know there is no "miracle" product that is going to make my skin stop producing oil. However, this powder makes me matte for a while, is invisible on my skin (unless I really dump it on), doesn't break me out, and is very inexpensive. I will continue to repurchase.

on 1/28/2010 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have the loose powder in this, and I must say..this is trully a little fortune inside this compact.

My other "cheaper" powder brand is and has always been Coty powder (which I cannot find in ANY drugstores right now---hope it's not discontinued)...anyhow, Coty is HUGE, and COVERS just as well (a bit more) and doesn't come off TOO chalky--but NYC is actually right about the same..but silkier..making this almost my #1 powder!! And this is the best cheapest powder you will find!

I'm tan a bit, but I use bronzer anyways. Ladies, if you are tan or dark...you can still use this..just mix it with some darker powder or use Bronzer all over your face AFTER applying this stuff ontop of your foundation.

This works REALLY well with GOOD quality foundation.

I use Hard Candy Primor first (simply the best and now sold at Walmart for just $8.00!!),

Then I use Estee Lauder Double Wear (BEST for oily/acne prone skin..not to mention-Fantasitc coverage!)

Then I use THIS NYC powder to set...and omg..simply flawless--and for hours and hours..:)

I don't mind that the packaging is cheap..because most compacts are in drugstores..but yes, this one is a bit "cheaper". But i have the loose and the compact now. And I just put my compact along in my purse..and hardly need to use it, due to this stuff lasts a LONG way!

What a wonderful product..there are SOME misunderstood makeup out there..however, THIS is one that many should be using..:)

on 1/26/2010 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I've repurchased probably 3 or 4 times. Love this stuff! Better than Revlon's Colorstay powder, not to mention several dollars cheaper. I paid less than 3 bucks at target.
This stuff is great as a setting powder, and to mattify my face when it gets oily.

on 1/15/2010 8:54:00 AM

The packaging really sucks as it looks and feels cheap, plus the applicator sponge provided is a joke (I totally tossed that out and purchased a 3 pack of powder sponges at Walmart for $2), but the actual powder inside is really good. It is finely milled, blends easily, and does a great job of keeping my T-zone in check. This powder doesn't oxidize nor change the colour of my foundation. I have been using it for the last month at it preforms as well as MAC Blot powder (which was my HG for years). I paid $2.67 for the powder compact plus the additional cost of puffs for $2. Highly recommend!