Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 10/27/2014 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have bought several tubes of this stuff and realize that I now need to write a review! This is probably one of the few medium-full coverage foundations offered at the drug store that are suitable for my skin type (normal-dry). It is a water-based foundation so I avoid using a brush with this formula. I place a dab on my finger tips and apply directly to my face. It provides good coverage which lasts a long time. I can't say for sure if it lasts 25 hours since I don't wear my makeup that long but when I come home from work my foundation still looks great. I've even had people ask me if I retouch my makeup at work since it lasts so well. A few downsides: it oxidizes like crazy. I actually gave up on this foundation for a while until I decided to start wearing it with a foundation primer. Since then, I haven't had any problems so just be aware. Also, it is heavily scented so if you are sensitive to smells, this may be a deal breaker. The shade selection is so-so. I wear NC20 in MAC foundation and the True Ivory matches me perfectly in the Match Perfection foundation. In this one, I mix the True Ivory and a tad of the Soft Beige to create a good match. Or I just wear the True Ivory and add an extra bit of bronzer powder afterwards to even things out. Finally, not all of the drugstores in my area stock this foundation so I have to make sure and stock up at the ones that do. It runs around $8 so I try and take advantage of BOGO 50% off sales when they're happening. I hope this helps!

on 10/24/2014 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The one I bought was in the glass bottle with the red lid, I'm pretty sure they are the same product though.

I bought this to try and find a foundation that lasts through my 8 and a half hour shifts at work. I decided to give this one a try, and I'm pretty happy with how it has turned out. When I put my makeup on I try to get the oil off my face, I've been trying green tea bags and that seems to work well (it sounds well but it's apparently a good toner), then I used a silicone based primer, as this foundation is silicone based. I think some people may find it a little harder to find a colour that matches, I'm pretty sure I've found lighter colours in the Match Perfection range. I bought 2 bottles of the 2 lightest shades and mixed them together.

I did find the consitency to be a little strange, maybe it was just me, but it seemed more sticky than other foundations I've used, it is better to use a wet sponge I've found to get it to apply/blend better. Even after having it on for a little while it still felt the same way so I put on a little bit of powder over the top to get rid of the feeling (I use Maybelline Fit Me). I am guessing the consistency has something to do with what makes the foundation last longer.

I have a few lines on my face where my makeup creases, I have found that the creases have definitely reduced with this foundation quite a bit. And I have definitely found that it lasts a lot better than other foundations. I wouldn't say it has 100% staying power, but I found about 80-90%. In saying that I work in a pet store where I can sometimes be active, and it does get a bit warmer, so if you're doing a job that is less... sweaty... or even a different skin type, then it may last even better. But I'm quite happy with the results of it and I will definitely buy it again.

on 10/14/2014 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Ok so I have been really fed up with drugstore foundations recently. I have tried so many and the closest I had come to my ultimate was cover girl stay fabulous and even that had been looking cakey on me recently. I had tried this product years ago but was never that impressed but recently they have re released it with new packaging so I gave it a try as it was on sale. I am not normally a big fan of Rimmel but This foundation is AMAZING!! It soaks into the skin making the face look flawless! The texture is not too thick or thin, it covers blemished wonderfully and last all day! I am an oily faced girl and this did not get shiny at all and stayed perfect even at the end of the day. It is a must try! Especially since atm it is only $12. So happy I have finally found a foundation that I love <3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not bad. Goes on beautifully but doesn't last. I tried using primer underneath and I never skip out on moisturizer but nothing seems to make it last all day. It goes on quite opague but my skin is very oily so it just dissolves it I suppose. I would recommend this product to someone with less oily skin for sure.

on 10/3/2014 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Have never tried any Rimmel product before so I was pleasantly surprised. The only negative thing is the size of the bottle; it's so small!

on 10/2/2014 7:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is an amazing foundation! It applies really smoothly, and looks incredibly natural. I prefer this to my Armani luminous silk and YSL touche eclat. Has a really good color selection for pale skins. I use the real techniques buffing brush to apply it. Love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is amazing! I would totally buy this it at the regular price, because even then it is not expensive. It is cheap, gives GREAT coverage, is not streaky or splotchy, and actually does last hours and hours.

This foundation is not as good as double wear but for the price it does a good job. It leaves a smooth natural finish but for me it only lasted an hour or two on a very busy day, however if your having a calm day and dont expect to sweat alot this will probabaly last all day. I love the look of this foundation and for the price you cant go wrong. Basically it looks amazing but if you sweat alot like me then it will not last all day. I like to blend some of this with estee lauder double and it looks amazing and really does last all day. If your on a budget this will be great for you but i still swear by double wear even though its alot more expensive..

on 9/17/2014 6:51:00 PM

I cannot believe after all the foundations I have tried, that Rimmel ended up being my HG foundation. I love this stuff. I have this on hand and Estee Lauder Double Wear, I reach for the Rimmel over the Estee Lauder every single day since purchasing.

Things I love about it, 1. GREAT coverage. 2. Does NOT break me out 3. Great packaging 4. The color Ivory blends into my skin 5.Lasts ALLLLLL day. 6. Super cheap.

I have combination skin, an oily T- Zone, dry around my nose and mouth, this foundation does not slide off my face and does not settle into my dry patches. If you are on the fence about buying, just go ahead and do it. It's cheap, if you don't like it, you can throw it away!

Edited to add, I don't always use powder (you don't have to with this foundation) but when I do, I like to set this with Benefit's Hello Flawless and my combo crazy skin truly looks...flawless.

The shade is good, not too orangey, but it feels sticky and cakey. Reasonable coverage though.