Dior DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

4.1

Water, paraffin, C18-36 acid triglyceride, carnauba wax, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, palmitic acid, stearic acid, triethanolamine, beeswax, acacia Senegal gum, hydroxyethycellulose, phenoxyethanol, tocopheryl acetate, sodium hyaluronate, artemia extract, hydrolyzed soy protein, pentylene glycol, potassium sorbate, BHT

on 12/19/2012 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Excellent product. Extends, thickens, and separates lashes so that it looks like I am wearing false lashes. I recommend it to everyone, and would 100% buy again.

Didn't like this primer. I used to apply my Lancôme Cils booster, but I ran out so I decided to try this one instead. Unfortunately, I hate it ! It makes my lashes so clumpy after I apply any mascara on this! Definitively not worth the price...

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Yes, it's pricey, but this product truly makes my lashes long and thick. It coats the lashes nicely, and I wait a few seconds before applying my mascara. My lashes seem to be in good condition lately, and I'll attribute that to this primer. Before this, I used Shiseido's lash primer, and it was nice, but this really give my lashes OOMPH--lengthwise and volume-wise. Highly recommend that you at least give this a try.
UPDATE: After using this for awhile now, I JUST realized that this actually curls my lashes, too. No need to use an eyelash curler (which always takes off some of my eyeliner anyhow).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This sh*t is the BOMB. I have to admit, when I purchased this, I didn't expect much, considering its brush looks like the type that does nothing but separate (ahem, Maybelline One by One), and my previous experience with mascara primers were not so good, but this? Oh, man, this stuff really is awesome.
Like most lash products, the first coat really doesn't do anything. You have to layer on multiple coats to achieve the full effect. The second coat, for me, gave a substantial amount of length, but the third and fourth coats really give me super incredibly long lashes, and it actually curls my lashes! Can you believe it? Something other than an eyelash curler actually curling my lashes! And my lashes actually stay curled the entire day!
Unlike face and eye primers, however, this doesn't prolong the wear of mascaras, nor does it prevent smudging and clumping. In fact, that's not the purpose of mascara primers at all--the purpose of them is to add additional length and volume to your lashes, so that your mascara can add even more legnth and volume. It basically acts as a "booster", in a sense.
I find that this product is the key to achieving the dramatic, huge lash effect--I can virtually pair this with pretty much any other mascara and have good-looking lashes, but I personally think it works best paired with the Dior Diorshow Mascara (say hellooo to ginormous lashes!).
Of course, it's not very cheap retailing at $28, but for a mascara junkie like me, I think the price is rather worth it.
Would I repurchase? Definitely. continued >>

on 10/12/2012 9:02:00 PM

i'm so sad this didn't work on me. i am a dior girl, and love their products, but this serum did nothing for my eyelashes, and it was frakking expensive. what a waste. oh well, lesson learned.

on 10/10/2012 1:51:00 PM

Ive been using to for a week now, so i dont know about the longer, stronger lashes claim, but i know it thickens, elongates lashes when worn with Mascara, you do have to let it set and dry before applyign Mascara though. Would re-purchase.

on 10/3/2012 5:03:00 AM

Really chic packaging and great product! This really does plump by lashes and allows me to get volume in my lashes without using volumising mascaras (which tend to look really clumpy on me). I use this over my Bobbi Brown extreme lengthening mascara and it s HG for me! I just wish it were a bit cheaper!

on 9/30/2012 4:45:00 AM

This would be an excellent product if it weren't for the cheap & cheesy applicator wand. Instead of the fibrous brush you usually get in your mascara and/or lash primer, Dior gives you one made of white plastic- bristles and all. I suppose the idea is that the all-white brush is meant to be chic. Okay, Dior. After one or two months of continuous use, when I pull the wand out of the tube about 50% of the bristles lay flat against the wand and will not stand up again. And I'm not going to use my fingers to correct the problem, no matter how clean my hands are. And I shouldn't have to. With half the bristles flattened out in a crazy random pattern, it is difficult to apply the product evenly to say the least.
This is very frustrating because if not for the lousy applicator, this would probably be an HG product. I can see why it has so many positive reviews because the primer itself is actually quite good. Lash primer is a staple item for me, and I can tell you this one does the job better than most. But once the brush goes all wonky it's just gunk in a tube. For this price, the product should be so much better than this. No I would not buy this again.

on 9/27/2012 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

this primer works. it does what its suppose to do, to amplify my mascara results. it makes any of my mascaras turn my lashes into longer and thicker lashes. good stuff. would only repurchase if i cant find a better primer, the price is very steep. ive tried the l'oreal double extend tubes one and although it works, that one is a bit clumpy and drier. i only use this on special occasions, not daily for work. good stuff, had for a while and it has stayed moist in the tube.

on 9/27/2012 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This product does not work. I have used this for the past six months and my eyelashes are not any longer. I have found myself not using this as a primer for mascara, infact I dont think I have used it at all this month...This does not add any volume it simply clumps the lashes together. Waste of money...

Popular Mascaras