Maybelline XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

image 1image 2image 3image 4

3.6

on 9/25/2009 11:40:00 AM

I've heard a lot of good things about this mascara, and I can see why some people might like it, but the formula didn't work with my lashes AT ALL. The primer would always show through the actual mascara on my lashes, which looked awful.

There's not much more I can say about this product. It made my lashes look really bad. Won't be buying this again.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The first time I tried this mascara, I thought it was amazing. It lengthened my lashed by a country mile. No clumps, and a reasonable volume. It also made my lashes feel softer than any other mascara I ever put on. I don't know if that counts for anything but whatever, lol. And I think the packaging is pretty cute.

The only problem I have with this mascara and mostly all the mascaras I ever tried is that it doesn't hold my curl. I don't have very long lashes but I don't have very short ones either. I went through a LOT of mascaras over the years and I've only found one that holds my curl (Maybelline Full n Soft). But yeah, maybe I could try to pair the primer with other mascaras. :D

on 9/12/2009 12:17:00 AM

LOVE THIS! It makes my eyelashes SO thick and long.

on 9/9/2009 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Doesn't give volume at all, but lengthens very well. Good mascara.

on 9/4/2009 8:25:00 PM

I have light, skimpy eyelashes. This product really fattens them up without being too clumpy. Adds significant length and volume to my lashes. Ive tried another brand that has the two sides with the primer, and it was a clumpy mess. Its hard to find any mascara that helps me, but this one works pretty well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

i think i would get this product again, it does what it says it's supposed to do. i should have read the product details before purchasing though. this mascara's objectives are different than the older version of XXL, which is meant to thicken and lengthen using fibre mascara. however, this product is just to stiffen unruly lashes that usually don't stay in place. i think i like the older version of XXL more than this one, but this mascara is more for natural looking long lashes, while the other mascara gives a more false eyelash effect.

lasts all day. doesn't flake or smudge. doesn't clump. not too thick. applies relatively easily. gets kind of crispy lashes.

on 8/29/2009 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I can't actually remember why I bought this, but I use it under my YSL faux clis, because I find that if you use a lengthening mascara first your lashes get length and aren't as clumpy...
The first and second steps seem to both do the same thing to me, and I don't believe the claims made by cheaper brands and their primers... Also there should be less of the first step because you're only supposed to do one coat of that, and at least 2 coats of the 2nd step are necessary to successfully cover the white of the first.

It's fairly good at lengthening, but not very good at seperating, so I won't buy it again but I'm going to use it all

on 8/28/2009 11:25:00 AM

I like it, but 2 steps is 1 step too many for me. Plus the effect isn't as dramatic as I'd hoped, and I like my lashes dramatic! The end result is nice though, not quite like falsies, but it will give you long, pretty lashes. It separates very well, no clumping issues, and it gives very nice length. But it's just too much for me having to apply the primer beforehand if it's not going to make my lashes look so thick and long that they're mistaken for fake lashes (which is what I'm going for). If you're hoping for long, pretty, your lashes-but-much-better, this mascara will do the trick.

on 8/26/2009 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara doesn't do much for my lashes. It did lengthen them a bit but it was hard to tell I was even wearing mascara. It doesn't volumize or hold curled lashes. In fact, I think the primer straightened my curled lashes. Granted they are short Asian lashes but Maybelline's other mascara Define A Lash works a lot better than this one.

on 8/23/2009 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Fabulous! Not usually a Maybelline mascara fan but this blew me away. My lashes look full and long - I was only expecting length from this mascara - not both. My lashline was much neater as well. One of the big problems I have with my eyelashes are that some of the lashes have fallen out of my left eye. My right eye has loads of eyelashes so generally I look really uneven when I have mascara on. This attracted me because the packaging said the primer was designed to tame unruly lashes. Well, it must have done because now both eyes look lovely. In fact I was told I have doe eyes recently and believe me no-one would say that if they actually saw my eyes sans mascara. I took one lippy off purely because it takes a few coats and a little patience to get the desired effect. I found the patience paid off because the mascara didnt flake, nor did it clump no matter how much I whacked on. I always like a formula that allows me to build my lashes to the desired effect. Not that I would, but if I did want a more toned down lash effect I could definately get that with this mascara as well. In terms of the length ... my lashes were touching my brow bone. The nice thing about this mascara as well is that lashes are surprisingly soft rather than stiff.

Popular Mascaras