Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 8/29/2014 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Based upon the name of this product, you would think that it would give you really long looking voluminous lashes. It does provide volume but not to the great extent upon which it claims. Nonetheless, this mascara is still a pretty good one. However, I don't think I will ever end up buying it again. As, I simply don't consider it to be a must-have.

on 8/26/2014 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Average mascara. Clumps a bit and is a bit flaky. I'm looking for a better drug store mascara

on 8/24/2014 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

this mascara is AMAZING! i bought this at a makeup sale and everytime i go to a makeup sale i make a point of buying this mascara.
i already have naturally long eyelashes but i like wearing mascara for special occassions, and this stuff is the BEST!
doesn't clump, good to layer up and lasts for ages!
I've also used the waterproof version of this, but that one clumps more and isn't that easy to layer.

One of the best layering mascaras. It doesn't clump. Easy to apply, two, or three coats and you're done. Excellent beginner mascara or for straight lashes. The key is to separate as you move straight up. Do not zig zag.

on 8/19/2014 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is my favorite mascara. It really volumizes and brings out the best in my lashes. Highly recommended

on 8/12/2014 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is the only mascara that I continuously repurchase. It's my tried and true mascara because it is black, builds up to a dramatic look in 2-3 coats and doesn't clump. Your lashes look dark, full, long, natural or dramatic depending on the number of coats applied. It is a great every day mascara with volume, a bit of length, and zero clumps. Its so easy to use and very low maintenance. This would be a great starter mascara for young girls. I wear the non-waterproof version to the gym and it will hold up and doesn't smudge or streak if I'm weight lifting or doing moderate intensity cardio. It may smudge a little if I do sprints or HIIT cardio and am sweating profusely, but it doesn't look bad and at that point I go straight to wash my face afterward. I haven't tried the waterproof version, but have layered this under my waterproof L'Oreal voluminous to go swimming and the combo looked nice together. HG for every day, but you may want something more dramatic for night time, or layer another mascara on top for more night time intensity.

Edit: My thoughts have changed about this mascara. I stopped using it for about 5 months as I tried other brands. I repurchased it recently and have decided the formula is too dry on my lashes. It makes them feel dry, heavy, and not soft, however the effect is still beautiful. I need to find a different mascara even if its high end that will provide the same dramatic lashes the Colossal gives, without the horribly dry feeling. Will not repurchase.

on 8/12/2014 12:07:00 AM

Not sure. yes only have used it a couple times. Does make my lashes longer and dark but no different from Cover Girl lash blast in the orange tube which I think I may like better. I really don't like the smell of this though it goes away. Will use for a while and re do the review. Nothing too special so far did not flake too much which is a pro but really hate the smell! Update: after using a few times I realize I really really hate the smell and works no where as good to Cover Girl Lash Blast!!! Nope won't be buying again... In fact I threw it away!

on 8/11/2014 9:34:00 PM

I love this mascara! i like to switch around between mascaras but i always end up coming back to this one. it lengthens, and gives volume and i have short asian lashes. the wand is pretty big but it really works! after 2-3 coats my lashes look as good as they're going to get.

on 8/11/2014 1:52:00 PM

- People always ask if my lashes are real, because they look so long when I'm wearing it.
- Gives lots of volume.
- Good price.

- If not applied correctly it looks and feels bad.

on 8/11/2014 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Like a dry, stinky bumblebee...

I prefer Great Lash (I know, I'm in the minority there!). I'm giving it a go but honestly, it doesn't do much for my lashes at all. I didn't care for the flaking either.

I'd try other Maybelline mascara's but sadly I can't get along with this one! Oh well.

Popular Mascaras