BeneFit Cosmetics Posietint

3.9

Water, Rose Water, Glycerin, Quarternium-15, Carmine.

on 10/18/2012 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Not a fan of this product at all. I seem to have the same problem with all of the BeneFit 'tints' and 'beams' I have tried. This product disappointed me the most because the colour was just so pretty!

PROS
* Colour is gorgeous
* Packaging is nice and easy to use with a nail polish-like applicator
* Good for travelling and touch ups as you can use your fingers (don't have to use a brush)
*Multi-purpose. Can be used on cheeks and on the lips
*Very long lasting and hydrating on the skin
*Gives you a nice, natural flush
*Will last you a long time

CONS:
*Impossible to blend out! This goes back to the point I made about this being very long lasting. It sets almost immediately, which is good cause it makes it last long, but makes it such a pain to blend. Eg: I dot this on one of my cheeks, and by the time I close the bottle, which takes all of 3 seconds, the tint has set, meaning when I try to blend it out, it leaves dots (where I dotted it in the 1st place) Those dots never blend out and are clearly darker and more visible then the rest of the tint (looks very patchy on the skin, horrible!) Even if I blend immediately after applying it to my skin, it's still patchy. Nothing I have tried to make it look even has worked!
*Colour is so sheer (I understand that it's a tint), but it takes so much of this product for it to look like anything really on my skin, and I'm an NC20 by MAC.
*I don't think this will show up on anyone with deep skintones
*Sticky while you're trying to blend it (although when it dries it's no longer sticky, it's kind of annoying to blend it with your fingers and doesn't feel nice)
*Very expensive in Australia (over $50)

Even though I listed more pros than cons, the cons outweigh the pros for me. The fact that it turns out patchy and splotchy on my skin, even if I blend it in lightening fast speed, outweighs ANY pros that this product has. Cheeks with patchy, splotchy blush look horrible!
Definitely won't repurchase!
I can't imagine how anyone would be able to use this, maybe just on your lips. I think a lot of people who love this product, if they step out and look at their face in the sunlight, will notice the patchiness.
Gave it 2 lippies for the pros, mainly the colour as it is gorgeous!

on 10/14/2012 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

pretty pink pop of colour for the cheeks, i like this in winter, it looks like a healthy flush. easier to blend than cha cha.
Im nc15 and i love it on my skin, lasts all day, stains your hand! haha. I use a mac 128 or 187 to stipple it on and blend out.

on 10/14/2012 10:27:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this in the "feelin dandy" kit and it does perk you up! Pretty cotton candy flush. Looks so pretty on my pale skin and does give a pop of color. If you have any sort of acne on your cheeks do not use. It will make them a dark pink for awhile bc this does stain. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't blend perfectly. The packaging is cute but I wish it had a different consistency. Anyways! After you put this on (three large dots across your cheek) blend them QUICKLY. Otherwise it will leave those 3 dots much darker than the rest of your cheeks. Overall more flattering on lighter girls that the other tints. I use this with minimal other makeup to make my cheeks pop, but dandelion on a daily basis as its more subtle.

on 10/14/2012 5:48:00 AM

Very expensive but worth it.
Applying it takes a little bit of getting used to as it dries relatively quick and stains so you have to get it right where you want to apply it.
Perfect pink colour, lasts all day and night whilst looking like a natural blush.
Lasted me nearly a year and i used it most days.
works just as well as a lip stain.

on 10/6/2012 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I nabbed this in a little mini size from my sister's stash. It gives my lips a flushed pinky tinge that works well with my fair complexion. It is a bit drying so I like to keep a lipbalm handy to put on top. Although I've given it a 4 I probably wouldn't go out and buy the full size simply because it's way too expensive for me right now. I'll just enjoy the dinky sized version until it's finished!

on 9/25/2012 7:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Posietint is my favorite color in the Benetint line. This is a very sweet, cotton candy pink cheek and lip stain. Posietint only shows up on my paler winter complexion. It's too light to notice on my slightly deeper summer complexion. That being said, I like the subtleness of this product. It really looks very natural and blends better than Benetint or Cha-ChaTint. I love this color on my lips too. The staying power isn't nearly as good on the lips but it is the only Benefit stain that doesn't dry my lips out. I only wish Benefit would lose the lame nailpolish-like brush. A sponge-tip applicator would make a world of difference. But I still love my Posietint and will repurchase if I ever run out.

on 8/23/2012 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just. Don't. Unless you are applying at the local circus. Please. Do yourself a favor. If you want misses piggy pink stained the eff all over your cheek for the rest of the day, go right ahead and blow 30 dollars on this garbage. Not cute...unless it's the look your going for then more power to you I'm not judging, just not the look I'm going for most days..maybe halloween..

Does get a little gloopy on the bottle after a few uses. But I like the colour. No delicious rosy smell like benetint sadly :( Again this does dry the lips like bentint but layer a vaseline right over it and you're good to go. The colour doesn't show up as much as I'd like it to but on the lips, very cute light pink colour. I would repurchase because I love tints and this is better than most I've tried.

on 8/5/2012 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of those products I'll always repurchase as it goes so well with my skin tone. It's a lovely light pink colour and is easily blendable on the cheeks, I particularly love layering it up as a lip stain though, it stays put all day and is very summery and pretty. I just wish they'd find a better way to package it than these stupid nail polish pots everything from benefit seems to be in.

on 7/8/2012 3:33:00 PM

I prefer Posie Tint to Benetint. It is a thicker formula so takes longer to dry which means I have more time to apply and blend and get the right consistency. It has a bubble-gum look on my lips and cheeks so I wouldn't recommend it for the boardroom (too flirty) but perfect for a date night or even just out and about during the weekend.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products