Bourjois Volume Clubbing

3.2

on 5/14/2009 6:13:00 PM

I've worn this mascara everday for about 2 years. BUT i also wear fake lashes everyday too, mine are long but there's not many of them!! I've found the best way is to tilt the applicator so you use one side of the brushes for one eye. then the other set for the other eye. i dont have a problem with clumping or raccoon eyes, particularly when i work in a 120 degree kitchen int he summer!

on 5/12/2009 3:37:00 PM

I don't understand this mascara. The little comb brush is impossible to get the hang of and so the mascara is never applied right. I can comb it through with another comb, but then it looks a little ridiculous, I think, with each lash absolutely completely separate from every other lash. You can tell the mascara itself has great capabilities, but it needs to come with a more normal brush instead of a comb.

on 5/12/2009 8:15:00 AM

Haven't perfected the application yet so i'm not getting results as dramatic as I think they could be...
I hate the brush though, I just dont understand what its all about, and the thick line of product down the middle.
If theres such a nack to application they should tell you how...Someone mentioned a video on how to do it properly but i'm not finding one anywhere.

on 5/10/2009 9:48:00 AM

i have medium-short lashes and this mascara really really volumised AND lengthened them... i applied about 3 coats of this... i also pair it with bourjois liner effect mascara to separate my lashes even more...
the pacaging is CUTE... it did flake slightly... but it did stay put all day..
it takes a while to dry and i usually have to wipe the wand a little because a LOT of mixture comes out on the brush... which is a bit of a monster..
overall this mascara is the best ive ever purchased and will be buying again * * * * *

on 5/6/2009 6:41:00 AM

I love the packaging, I don't know why. It's funky :D
I love this mascara, it has got a 4 because nothing can beat my beloved Maxfactor False Lash Effect, however this comes close.
Yes it is hard to remove but I use a good remover so that's sorted.
I have short sparse lashes and whilst this doesn't wow them out like MFs False Lash Effect, it gives them a good volume & length boost which is better when I want to wear lipstick, not so in your face.

on 5/5/2009 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

have to be very careful with this one.I made the mistake of putting more than 2 coats and the result was spidery,clumpy looking lashes.It looks ok when i apply one or two coats but the worst thing of this is that its very hard to remove and it stayed on for like 2-3 days.Since there are better mascara's out there I won't repurchase

Don't know why this gets so many bad reviews!
I had tried about 15 different mascaras... this is the best overall if you want LONG, STATEMENT LASHES. Not for the faint hearted that's for sure!

As others have said this is a very wet mascara so needs to be applied carefully, however it dries quickly. I used to use Rimmel Magnif'eye and this is sooo much better - doesn't make lashes stand up straight, leaves them with a nice curl, also doesn't flake or make lashes stick out at weird angles like Rimmel does!

My HG for sure :)

on 4/28/2009 4:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I love this mascara. Makes my lashes look REALLY nice. You have to get used to the wand though. First use the flat side to put some product on your lashes and then use the brush part right away to add more product to each lash. Never had a problem with clumping. The tube also lasts for ages without drying out. :o)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

So the first thing I've got to say is that when you pull the brush out of the tube, you will be afraid - VERY afraid. It's a monster of a brush and not only that, there is So Much Product on it as well. However, I believe I have mastered the scary brush - enough to find myself wearing this stuff to work every day!

Here's what I do: I scrape the brush along the inside rim at the opening of the tube as much as possible when pulling it out. Once I've done this, I then look for the long bristles on the brush and apply using those. You only need one or two passes across your lashes to get a beautiful, dramatic result. Provided you haven't allowed the brush to get too overloaded, you will avoid the dreaded "3 eyelash" look. I do keep an old clean mascara brush on hand for the odd time when I get some clumping and I'd definitely advise those new to this mascara to do the same. This might all sound like a lot of effort but the results really are incredible. You get:
--big va-va-voom lashes
--good curl holding power
--no flaking or smudging.

The formula is "wet" but dries quite quickly and once it dries it is fairly moisture resistant (hence it being perfect for going "clubbing" with). You will need a good oil-based makeup remover to get this stuff off. I oil my fingers up with mineral oil and just gently rub my lashes before cleansing.

To summarize, this is a mascara that is not for the faint-hearted but with a little practice and perseverance, you will be rewarded. One lippie off for the ridiculous overload of product on the brush - perhaps Bourjois should make the tube opening narrower. But aside from that, this is LOVE.

on 4/9/2009 4:47:00 AM

I bought this as I had been using Dior Iconic and wanted to try a cheaper alternative. I have to apply this with a very light hand else it causes clumping. This looks very fake but not in a good way - makes lashes look very dry, brittle and straight. On the plus side it doesn't flake or irritate me when I'm wearing contact lenses. Wouldn't repuchase.

Popular Mascaras