Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy PLUS Intensive Repair Lotion

3.5

Water; Mineral Oil; PEG-7 Hydrogenated Castor Oil; Isohexadecane; Sodium Lactate; Urea; Glycerin; Isopropyl Palmitate; Panthenol; Microcrystalline Wax; Magnesium Sulfate; Lanolin Alcohol; Bisabolol; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone

on 4/20/2007 3:56:00 AM

I agree with the other reviews-- this isn't good for an everyday lotion. So many products say "intensive" that I just assumed it was standard lotion, but this is, indeed, intensive and takes forever to absorb. One of the other reviewers also noted that it leaves a weird texture on your palms, and it's been frustrating to me to have to wash it off. I bought this primarily to do my legs every day, but I can't imagine using it on your hands if you had to wash it off your palms immediately. I'm really sorry I didn't read the reviews before I bought this, because it wasn't at all what I expected.

on 3/3/2007 3:12:00 AM

I started using this product during my long hunt for a decently priced drugstore brand lotion to use for KP (I've got it on upper arms & thighs). I think this is a pretty good product, but I have to agree with other reviewers that the consistency sucks because it's so thick. But, I figured out a few tricks for applying the lotion that solve the consistency issue. First, I recommend taking the lotion bottle into the shower (you don't have to run it under the water, just set it in a shower caddy or on a shelf in the shower). The heat from the shower warms up the lotion and makes it spreadable. Second, use the lotion immediately after you finish your shower while your skin is damp/wet, which helps with the absorption of the lotion and helps eliminate any greasiness. Overall, this is a good product. It has helped clear up my KP (it's not gone, but it's the best product I've used) for a decent price. I definitely recommend it.

on 2/13/2007 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Good product for those with sensitive skin. Got rid of the KP on my upper arms, and it has no fragrance.

I took off one lippy for the texture (reminded me of white glue) and how long it takes to rub in and be absorbed. Otherwise, great value, and it does what it promises.

Edit: I wouldn't repurchase, not because this is a bad product, but because Curel (the anti itch formula) is even better!

on 2/9/2007 3:07:00 PM

I am very happy with this so far. Bought this for the KP on my thighs. I like that it is rich and has no fragrance. Takes a little while to sink in, but not a huge problem for me. I've read on some medical sites that KP is a combination of dry skin *and* abnormal keratinization, so it is important to use rich moisturizers plus exfoliators to treat it. I am hoping this lotion will do the trick. Will update soon.

on 2/8/2007 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was bought for severly dry, cracked terrible hands! I have to say overall the best Ive used and also used it on dermatitis on my arms (pregnancy). This lotion does take a few to soak in and the only thing I found really unpleasant about it was the filmy feeling left on my palms but goes away if you just wash your palms. If you overuse it you will feel like an oil slick but the next day my hands went from a huge hurting mess to 95% better and looking nice and normal overnight really. I think moderation is key and to only use it on your severly dry areas, if you use it for anything else you may be using the wrong lotion. Its exactly what it say's intensive! I thought the packaging was great pump style and plastic fine with me, and the price well....I could care less for how my hands are thankful, in water alot, great for a mom or someone who is constantly exposing thier hands to drying elements cold weather, and water.

on 1/21/2007 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is greasy! I think it works great, but I want to avoid appearing as though I've been dipped in baby oil.

on 1/14/2007 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

While this lotion was better than the Eucerin Original Moisturizing Lotion and Creme, this lotion was still pretty insufficent. It was oily on my hands for a long time. And then it wasn't all that hydrating so my hands were still rough, cracked, and scaly after the oily appearance faded. Not worth the $7/8oz.

Water, Mineral Oil, PEG-7 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Isohexadecane, Sodium Lactate, Urea, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Microcrystalline Wax, Magnesium Sulfate, Lanolin Alcohol, Bisabolol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone continued >>

on 1/9/2007 5:36:00 PM

I love this! I use the unscented lotion and I use it all over, even on my face. In fact, after applying at bedtime, my skin is still moist in the morning. It is good stuff for using overnight, as it really has time to soften. Great for dry skin. Yes, it does feel a little greasy, but it works!

on 11/4/2006 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I think Eucerin is one of the best products you can use for severely dry skin. I live in NJ where our winters get frigid, and starting around now, my skin gets fairly dry. It is a bit greasy, which is a feeling I hate, so I don't use it too often -- it's not my go-to product for a daily lotion, but rather as a fix for horrible dryness.

on 10/3/2006 12:29:00 PM

It has a really greasy feeling. It would probably work better in the winter, but it's too greasy and sticky for use in the summer. It even gives a greasy shine on my legs.