Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo

3.3

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Zea Mays (Corn) Silk Extract, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-76, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1. (2011 formulation)

on 6/3/2012 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good god, this stuff makes my hair feel disgusting and dirtier than before I wash it. It leaves a film that doesn't rinse out and I can feel a residue on my hands when I run my hands through my hair while blow drying. I'll be throwing out a nearly-full bottle.

on 5/29/2012 12:57:00 AM

My hair is normal but gets oily after the second day so I wash it every night. The ends of my hair are very dry due to it being cut very little. I really love this conditioner and shampoo set as it really hydrates my hair. I lather the shampoo up and rinse out then repeat. It seems to work better if I repeat. The conditioner is hydrating enough for the top of my head but I use a different conditioner (garnier fructis nutri-repair triple nourishment) when the tips of my hair are feeling extremely dry. The smell of this is amazing and lasts for about half a day for me. It hydrates well enough but not for extremely dry hair, so 1 lippie off. Overall, I like it enough to repurchase.

EDIT: After using a whole bottle I found that my hair had started falling out in places, and it was still tangled, if not more at my tips which I am not liking. I removed 2 lippies and will not repurchase anymore. Sticking to my tried and tested Garnier products. Disappointed with this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My hair is only and heavy, and it's very difficult for me to find good "cheap" products. This shampoo goes well with my hair, feels lightweight and it's very cheap.

on 3/30/2012 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

For its range (meaning the non-designer/salon shampoos) herbal essences is expensive in Australia. I have normal hair, a lot of volume with natural waves that gets extremely oily by the second day.
This shampoo has a great smell and consistency. It is a cream, and smells great. The smell stays in my hair until about the second day. It is more moisturizing than other shampoos I've used, though because of this by the second day my hair is heavy and flat, not oily, just flat.
I would imagine someone with overly dry hair would like this, someone who doesn't produce much oils and who has dry ends. For its purpose, which is to moisturize dry hair, it does it's job. It is just heavy and feels very silicone-y.

on 2/23/2012 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Nothing special about this product, not bad and not amazing. Although has a very good smell but it doesn't stay long.

on 2/22/2012 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Well the smell of this is so nice! cant stop smelling it . I found it made my hair really smooth for like the first time but after keep using it it was gross , made my hair really dry & knotty.

on 2/21/2012 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

PLEASE BEWARE! One use & this shampoo made my hair fall out like no other. like HANDFULS of hair falling out. My hair is VERY healthy. AND this wasnt just a bad batch. 2 years after I first tried it, I tried one more time & same thing; Handfuls of hair falling out!! Oh and I only used this shampoo, not the matching conditioner, but Im guessing that wont be too much better either. The whole line isn't impressive whatsoever. I miss the old school formula and bottles of herbal essences. PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!

on 1/26/2012 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have thick hair and an oily scalp, and I thought this cleansed well without leaving a dry feeling afterwards. My hair feels alot softer and much easier to detangle when showering. It does smell lovely - very tropical with a strong coconut scent that stays well in my hair. Would repurchase.

on 1/25/2012 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Once again, an average drugstore shampoo. It gets the job done but does nothing in particular that stands out for me. I do like the packaging and although I am not a crazy fan of coconuts, I LOVE the scent of this stuff.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My hair isn't particularly dry since it does become oily by the second day. However, I love to use this during the winter when the ends of my hair are more susceptible to dryness. The texture feels like a conditioner/ body lotion, but the great thing about this is that it lathers, thus ridding hair of grease. My hair is naturally shiny but this definitely doesn't hurt when it comes to adding more moisture and shine! The colour is a pearly, aqua blue and it smells fantastic. If you buy this at Costco, the packaging is opaque blue and the shampoo has a pump, which I love.