MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6 Lake, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 5/14/2011 4:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm obviously in the minority but I hate this lipstick with a passion! I've got pale, freckly skin with blue eyes and blonde hair, and it comes out as a disgusting orangey brown on me. I also dislike the very drying formula - yuk!

on 4/2/2011 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this so much,flattering my nc40/42 skin tone

on 1/29/2011 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my go to lipstick it's pretty much the natural shade of my lips but better it stays on all day and I wear it everywhere work school social life everything!

on 1/29/2011 2:55:00 PM

Love the pigmentation and lasting power. However, this lipstick is thick and can appear cakey if you swipe it across your entire lip. I've found that it works best if you dab the lipstick on and then smoosh your lips together to blend. This method will also help to preserve the amount used each time. My only reservation is the price. Revlon's Rose Velvet is a much better dupe. It is moisturising and a much more wearable color.

on 1/12/2011 4:24:00 PM

This is a great lipstick! Looks good whether I am tan or pale and has a nice matte finish that isn't drying. I have been using this color for 13 years! :)

Twig's finish is semi-matte and pretty flattering for any skintone; it's a mauvey-taupe in the tube but much more pink/red on your lips. I'm an NC15 with golden undertones and this is dark enough on my pigmented lips to appear as though I'm definitely wearing lipstick, so I'd classify it as a medium lipstick, maybe dark (we're not talking noir here, though). The finish dries down quite nicely and looks as if it were freshly applied if you continue to apply balm or gloss afterward, as it stains your lips a little. (Neither a pro or con for me.)

I've found this product is almost exactly identical to MAC Twig once on - If you're thinking of getting both, get one or the other!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is hands down my absolute favorite lipstick, and I wear it daily. I have been wearing this lipstick for about 10 years, and during that time I have bought countless cheaper lipsticks just to try to save the money because it is expensive, but every time I end up not using them and its just a waste of money. I think that the texture is very creamy and smooth, and it stays on really well. Other brands that I have tried to color match with this one have been disappointing, either too dry or not enough pigment. Bottom line is that I adore this product.

on 12/4/2010 4:06:00 PM

I'm on my second tube of this and absolutely love how versatile this color is. Great long-wearing formula and perfect for the office.

The color is a rosy kind of MLBB. I'm NC20ish with washed-out lips and Twig perks up my coloring without being too obvious. This was my first MAC lipstick and I really enjoy the creamy texture and the staying power. It cost $14.50 but it's worth it. First because I got to try it on in the store and second because I knew that if it didn't work I could take it back to Nordstrom. I will definitely go back to MAC for more colors.

I'm over buying lipstick at the drugstore! A good lipstick has to be a flattering color and it's so difficult to predict if a color will be flattering if you can't try it on. Maybe this is because my coloring is on the warm side rather than neutral or cool, I don't know. But I'm ashamed to admit how many tubes of Revlon and L'Oreal there are junking up my lipstick cubby. I've even resorted to mixing the too-plum ones with the too-brown ones in an old lip gloss pot. At least that way I get something out of the money I've spent!

on 11/24/2010 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favourite everyday lipstick. It's about 3 tones darker than my lips and just makes them look bigger and more defined. I put an Estee Lauder lip liner on in Spice (08) which is exact same shade, put this lipstick on with a brush and then a lipcote ontop. My lipstick stays on nearly all day.

Popular Lipsticks