L'Oreal Dermo Expertise Gentle Eye Make Up Remover for Eyes and Lips - WATERPROOF

3.9

Water, cyclopentasiloxsne, isohexadecane, isopropyl palmitate, sodium chloride, dipotassium phosphate, poloxamer 184, potassium phosphate, panthenol, polyaminopropyl biguanide, D & C Green N 6 (CI 61565), (FIL B4885/2).

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product stung my skin around my eyes after less than a weeks usage. I really liked it at first: no residue, water-proof make-up came off easily, and of course, the price is very low.
But after a couple of days my skin started to sting around my eyes - especially in the outer corners.
It stopped immidiatley as soon as I changed it to the more expensive Chanel Démaquillant Yeux Intense Solution Biphase Douce.
I will NOT buy L'Oreal's Make Up Remover again. Appears great in the beginning - but then it lets you down by showing how strong it actually is.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is the first make up remover i ever got and i love it! Definately HG material :) Its made up of a gentle lotion and gentle oils where you must shake to combine the two. It removes all traces of my waterproof mascara, eyeliner and other forms of eye makeup and doesnt irritate my eyes at all. It will leave an oily residue (because its made up of oil) so i reccommend using this before cleansing or washing your face.

on 11/18/2008 10:08:00 AM

i wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner everyday. this removes my eye makeup very well. its doesnt sting my eyes at all. i have tried a few other brands but i always come back to this. easily available and affordable too.

on 10/3/2008 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this for years, I tried some other Eye make-up removers but I always come back to this one. It doesn't sting or burn my eyes, and it has a good price.

on 9/12/2008 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It doesn't remove the waterproof mascara very well. I have to rub alot often lose eyelashes, and it leaves alot of "panda eyes" makeup residue behind. And despite the packet claims of "Gentle...suitable for sensitive eyes", it stings and makes my eyes puffy.

You have to shake the two layers together like usual with dual phase waterproof removers. I find the cap akward to open in time before the layers separate again, its stiff & weird. Then its annoying because it dribbles down the cap because it doesn't have a raised lip around the outlet hole.

I prefer Elizabeth Ardens "All gone", Cliniques "Take the Day Off", or just plain vegetable oil, they all work better with no irritation.

on 8/9/2008 5:37:00 AM

I used up a whole bottle of this stuff and personally I didn't like it. It stung my eyes and I had to constantly shake it because the liquids kept separating. It didn't leave my eyes greasy so that's a plus, but the two aforementioned negatives was a complete downer for this product. I don't see myself buying this product again=(

on 7/18/2008 4:27:00 PM

I've gone through about four or five bottles of this product, it's one of my staples! It removes my makeup, including eye makeup, gently and it doesn't leave any residue. Plus it is very reasonably priced. A wonderful product!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This works really good on most of my eye makeup.The only thing it waon't take off is the L'oreal Hip cream eyeliner in black.Iy just smudges it around at first and you have to really work to get it to come off,but besides the eyeliner it takes everything else off.The top is pretty big so you use up alot of the product pretty fast.

on 6/22/2008 12:30:00 PM

The difference between this and the gentle mu remover is that, this got the oil ingredient, which aid to remove mascara better.

although it does contain the oil, but it's not oily at all. however, it can't remove completely for stubborn mascara

on 6/1/2008 4:39:00 PM

I have tried Chanel, Clinique, Lancome, Kanebo Kate, L'Occitane, Cle de Peau, etc. but always end up coming back to this.

It's removes eye make-up effectively, cheap for the quality that it delivers, is available in most countries and a bottle last for a long time. What else can one ask for?