Cure - Natural Aqua Gel

4.1

water (activated hydrogen water, non-acidic and purified), glycerin, acrylates/C10-30, alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, dicocodimonium, chloride, steartrimonium bromide, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, gingko biloba extract, rosmarinus officinalis/rosemary leaf extract, butylene glycol.

on 4/21/2012 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I initially tried a sample of this product, and found that it was pretty similar to other gel exfoliants, dissolving the dead skin and removing it without any physical scrubbing action. However, the one thing that sets this product apart from the other gel peeling products out there is that it is incredibly gentle, and this is perfect for my sensitive skin.

I use this twice a week, and after usage it leaves my skin feeling soft and clean, without any irritation. I find that continued usage helped unclog my pores, and prevented the furthur appearance of clogged pores, whiteheads, and blackheads. It doesn't claim any fancy functions, but I feel that it does what it does extremely well.

I am on my second bottle of this product now, and despite the slightly high price point for a drugstore product, it lasts for a fairly long time. My first bottle lasted me for slightly over 9 months, and this was with consistent weekly usage. I feel that this product is definitely worth it, and I will be repurchasing again when my current bottle runs out. Definitely my HG product.

on 4/17/2012 10:41:00 PM

I was shocked at how well this product got off all my dead skin cells and it hit me just how bad of a job my other cleansers/exfoliators were doing. It also didn't irritate my skin at all and felt very gentle. Massaging very lightly was enough to get the dead skin off (my cheeks didn't even turn pink or look like they'd been rubbed). I won't give it a full score because it does what it says it does very well, but I'm not sure if this is enough to totally improve skin condition since it doesn't penetrate deep enough to get out whiteheads/blackheads, etc. within pores. It's more of a surface thing. Nonetheless, it's definitely a good product to use.

I was really looking forward to receiving this product (I bought it on imomoko.com for around 40$ US). When I got it, I immediately tried it out. It comes in a very simple, clean-looking pump bottle. No frills, dyes, etc. It feels really calming and once you start rubbing it on your dry face, the gel sort of dissolves into water, and it starts forming little white clumps that are supposed to be your dead skin cells.Which is really cool. After I use this, my skin products absorb a lot better, and it's a very nice, gentle way to exfoliate. I really like it! I've tried the Laneige Strawberry Peeling Gel, and this is much better. The strawberry one makes my skin itch, and the cloying scent really put me off. It works in a similar way, though, but I really recommend Cure Aqua Gel! I use mine once or twice a week.

Overall:
It's pricey, and hard to get a hold of, but it works really well! Just be careful to rinse your face really well, because I usually manage to get little clumps of dead skin left on my face, and it feels really, really unpleasant when you're trying to put on lotion. ;)

on 4/6/2012 2:46:00 AM

I use this once a week as an exfoliator and it has done a fantastic job. Removes my dead cells without leaving my skin feeling dry and tight afterwards. It keeps my pores clear (no more blackheads) and much less noticeable.

The packaging however is pretty bad. The pump pretty much stopped bouncing back up after maybe the second or third use. Now I have to push down and pull the pump back up every time, which is very annoying. Also this product is not readily available outside of Asia, which is extremely annoying.

I will not repurchase this, as I already found a cheaper (but just as good) dupe of this product. It is the Naruko - Marjoram & Lavender Brightening Peeling Gel. The BEST part is, you can directly order it from their Canadian or USA site... and they ship 2 days! Not to mention it's around 1/2 the price of Cure Natural Aqua Gel.

on 1/23/2012 11:16:00 PM

Cure has to be the best exfoliator on the market. It does exactly what its supposed to do....it exfoliates gently and effectively, without irritating my skin. Make sure to use it after drying your face well. I once used it after a shower in a humid bathroom, didn't work nearly as well as it does when face is completely dry.

ALSO Everyone says Cure is so hard to get. I just got mine on Amazon for $39 free delivery and the seller was here in the US so it came in 2 days. Not sure why there are so many comments about how hard it is to find.

One downside is that the nozzle on the bottle, it's a bit flimsy....

on 1/9/2012 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Left my skin feeling amazing after I used it, but it also caused me to break out in small pimples. Will not repurchase.

on 12/31/2011 4:44:00 AM

Good exfoliator,but somehow makes my nose even worse. the whiteheads seems iritated and became worse than ever

on 12/25/2011 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Best exfoliant on the market today. I've tried other cheaper gommage gels, with no luck; in fact, the Hello Kitty brand gommage gel is still sitting on my shelf. This exfoliant is gentle enough to use multiple times a week, unlike my old exfoliant by Philosophy. I recommend this to everyone! I only wish the makers would specify whether the glycerin is vegetable or not. I don't want to use any animal products.

This peeling gel does its job! My pores look a lot cleaner and my skin feels great after using the Aqua Gel. My face dries out real easily, so using certain exfoliators/scrubs tends to exacerbate that, but this product doesn't. It's non-irritating as it's mostly made of water but it does have a small scent of alcohol. The only problem is that it is so expensive, so I'm trying to find a more affordable alternative, but if money wasn't an issue, I would definitely continue buying it!

on 12/5/2011 12:05:00 AM

This is one of my staples! I just adore this exfoliator, it's much better than physical exfoliant beads. For those who say it's not dead skin that comes off, you should watch XiaXue's Guide to Life episode "Weird Stuff 2" (or the first one, can't remember atm) where she tests that statement out. Either way, my acne improved after an initial breakoutm, my skin is smoother and absorbs moisturizer better now. LOVE.

Pros:
- minimal and non-harmful ingredients
- gentle
- effective

Cons:
- the water runny texture can be annoying
- EXPENSIVE! Can I get this in Korea without paying for shipment? I'm going there soon.

Popular Treatments (Face)