Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner with Double-Ended Brush

3.6

Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyethylene, Isododecane, Polybutene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/ Exadecane Copolymer, Ozokerite, Candelilla Cera, Silica, Kaolin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470).

on 5/17/2011 2:13:00 PM

NEVER leave the top off of the tub for more than a few hours, it will dry out & crack and you wont be able to really do much with it after that. But besides that, I like this product a lot. I got a set of three, with a brush as well. The clay is a great texture that stays on, even with my oily skin (I live in florida, so it gets hot as hell here and it stays put through the heat!) Def recommended & worth the price :)

on 5/5/2011 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I received the plum color liner as part of a Sephora Beauty-in-a-Box, Brown Smoky Eye Kit from Tarte. The color is a very beautiful, rich plum that looks terrific with my brown eyes. It's not a "oh, hey, that's a party purple" plum, but a good color to pop your eyes out for any kind of night or day look. I use a Smashbox cream liner brush (short, straight hard bristles), and apply in short, upward strokes starting from the eyelash base. With this method you get deep, rich color and solid application. From there you can smudge out. I wing mine. On top of Urban Decay Primer Potion, it stays put all day.

I've had this product for a month and so far the product still looks great with no signs of drying out. I keep the little white inner lid on it, which is probably helping with that.

on 4/15/2011 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought this separately as Bronze and Blackened Plum and got Shimmering Black Night and Plum as part of two different kits. I really like this stuff. Goes on very easily, lasts forever (I did swatches on my arms and this took twice as long as all the other products to rub off with soap, also it and my waterproof mascara are the last things I can take off at the end of the day).

The only thing is you have to watch packaging size! The big looking ones actually have significantly less inside of them because they just have more glass (I'll make a side-to-side picture when I get the chance, it's really ridiculous). The "small" looking ones are 3.4g while the "big" looking ones are 2.5g.

Plum and Bronze are exactly as you would suspect. Shimming Black Night has very subtle shimmer that looks multi-colored. Blackened Plum goes on a shade or two off from black and also has very subtle shimmer.

I've had Bronze the longest and sometimes wear it as a shadow. It has yet to dry out, though maybe they've reformulated a bit in 2011 or maybe the humidity here helps (I'll edit if they dry out). If you're oily it takes a little longer to dry and you have to be careful not to open your eyes too wide for a few minutes, but once it's on and dry, you're good to go all day.

on 3/9/2011 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I usually love gel eyeliners, stila smudge pots and mac fluidline being my favorites but I really wanted to try tarte's because it is natural and I liked the violet color.
I was so disappointed in the color payoff!! It is so sheer I have to use a black eyeliner (tokidoki felt tip pen) underneath to get it to show up decently! When I bought it, they were selling it with a double ended eyeliner brush at sephora...the product balls up on the thin brush and I have to really work to smooth it out so I dont have chunks of it unevenly on my lash line. :( I do love tarte most of the time, just not this eyeliner! It also felt very drying to me when I used it as a base on my lid, and I have oily lids.

on 3/4/2011 6:32:00 PM

So sad.. I really liked this liner until I went on a walk one day and the wind began to blow. Somehow, my watering eyes got the liner in my eyes and made them itch so bad I had to walk all the way home (.5 mile) with my eyes closed. At the time I thought maybe pollen got in my eyes but then a couple nights later I got teary while watching something on tv (I know) and the same thing happened.
It also made my eyelids sort of itchy at my lash line. I'm really bummed out because I thought it was a great liner but I can't be worrying it'll get in my eyes and not be able to see. What if I was driving?? I'd have to pull over and do who knows what.. not even visine helped me. I had to splash water in my eyes and ruin my eye makeup. Agh.. I'll never trust another Tarte liner...

on 1/24/2011 9:58:00 PM

First received the small pot in violet as part of a kit in Sept 2010. Began a new job where I had to look polished all day every day. This eyeliner is great.It does not fade or smudge.

Then I ordered the large bronze pot alone. Less intense color but very flattering for my blue eyes. Lasts all day.

Then I got the black as part of a kit. Oh my. I can barely use it because the intensity is insane.

I agree that the clay looks like it is cracking, but the texture or performance did not change.

on 1/24/2011 12:22:00 PM

I have this product in the shade Bronze. It is a thick product so it's a little hard to work with but still works really well. I've used it as a liner and had no problems with smudging or fading. I've also worn it as a shadow and a color base for shadows and have found that if you plan on wearing it for more than 8 hours you need to wear a primer or it will crease. However, I've also found that this product dries fairly quickly and once it dries it won't smudge or smear. I think that this is a great product and would highly recommend it.

on 12/16/2010 5:34:00 PM

Psalmist captured my feelings exactly in her review but I will add to it. The first time I used this I liked it. I found it fairly easy to apply, and found the texture similar to a Stila smudge pot, which are fine, but I prefer MAC fluidline. The second time I used it, just a week or so later, it was almost completely dried up even though the cap was on tightly. I could barely make a line with it, and it balled up and flaked all over even as I was using it. Just horrible.

on 12/13/2010 4:32:00 PM

Horrible for such an expensive product! I'm definitely going to stick to fluidline. The color pay off is sucky (based on the purple) and it smudges on my eyes :( Returned immediately!

on 12/9/2010 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

this is a great product! i have always used felt tip eyeliners (ie. kat von d's tattoo liner), but i find myself gravitating to this liner more often. i've had this product for more than 3 months now and have not experienced the cracked, dried out liner everyone seems to be complaining about. usually i hold the pot to warm it up a bit (or at least i think it is warming up LOL), obtain enough product and close the pot tightly. i never leave it open. application is great; goes on smoothly. staying power is great also. does not smudge on my oily eye lids. removal is easy and i use Yes to Carrots daily cream cleanser to remove it. overall % stars.