Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

3.6

(Titanium Dioxide 12% , Zinc Oxide 4.2%) Mica, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide

on 3/19/2006 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I haven't tried a lot of mineral makeups - just Sheer Cover. That is a good product that gives good coverage, but it is so expensive and the colors were a little off on me. So, I decided to give PF a try when I saw that it was on sale at a local grocery store. I'm so glad that I did because this stuff is fantastic! It feels so much lighter than a liquid foundation, but gives me pretty comparable coverage. I have problem skin - its oily and prone to breakouts. Thus far, PF has been good for me, causing no irritation or breakouts. I start by applying a mattifying lotion and then swirl on a light layer of PF. I use a stick concealer to cover up any flaws still showing and then swirl on another light layer. It wears all day, but requires periodic blotting. The only complaints I have are minimal...the packaging is slightly bulky and the brush that comes with the foundation is too stiff to effectively apply the powder. Unless I stumble across something better, I will definitely continue to purchase this!

on 3/19/2006 5:34:00 PM

Based on the awesome reviews of this foundation, I decided to give this stuff a try. Well, the majority was right and this mineral foundation ROCKS!!! I have medium toned, nc 35,combination/oily, that time of month acne-prone, 30ish skin that reacts to everything. I originally tried this in buff beige and it was too light for me. Then I gave translucent medium a try. Your skin has to be definitely well moisturized before you use this product. At first, the foundation looked a little on the light side but after about 10 minutes, VOILA!!! PERFECT LOOKING SKIN!!! I use a wedged sponge with this and lightly stroke my face with it and then use the not-so-great quality brush that comes with the product to dust off the excess. No new breakouts or irritation from this and it my skin looks pretty good in pics too. I've tried Mineral Basics (made me break out), Amazing Cosmetics Velvet MIneral Powder Foundation (too expensive), and Bare Minerals(made me itch and got little bumpedy bumps) and PF is by far the best choice for your wallet and your skin, IMO. Thanks to all the previous reviewers!!!

on 3/19/2006 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am loving this foundation! I have medium Asian skin, and I wear this in Buff Beige. I was afraid it was going to be too light for me, but after applied it sinks in very nicely and blends beautifully. I went for Buff Beige because it's a nice yellow-based shade, as opposed to Medium Translucent, which looked slightly more pink. The finish on me is slightly dewy (especially by the end of the day), which I'm assuming is because I apply quite a bit of mouisturizer beforehand. I'm not too crazy about the brush it comes with. I don't like the smallness of it, so I use my Sonia Kashuk powder brush instead. It works perfectly! Since this is a pretty light-coverage foundation, I have to use a seperate concealer on my zits and darker acne scars. It can, however, be layered on where necessary to cover any redness or light scarring. Looks very natural, even when layered on for more coverage. Best of all, my skin has been clearing up and looking better than ever after a week of using this! I am very acne-prone, and this hasn't caused me to break out at all. I am very happy with this. Now all I need to do is figure out what I'm going to do with all of those bottles of liquid foundation...

on 3/19/2006 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Well I have found my HG foundation. This stuff is amazing, I am never going back to liquid, EVER! I bought this at Target for $9.90 in Buff Beige (I am PPP and this matches perfectly).
After I wash my face, I apply my moisturizer (I have super dry skin) and let it soak in. I spot treat red marks with my concealer and brush the powder on. I don't like the brush that came with is so I use my MAC kabuki and my skin looks flawless.
I would recommend this to anyone, it is simply amazing. This is the first time I have tried mineral MU so I can't compare it to other brands but I doubt that I will stray from this.
Also, no breakouts and it stays put all day. The best thing is, my husband actually noticed that my skin looked beautiful (I have lots of red marks from previous acne and this covers it all)
The only thing I can say is, go out and try it.

on 3/18/2006 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

**CURRENTLY 40% off at Walgreens.com** Finally, I found my HG powder foundation! I prefer a sheer, natural-looking matte finish...something that covers up my fading acne scars and evens out my skintone without actually looking like I'm wearing foundation--and this fits the bill perfectly. The coverage is pretty sheer--sheer enough that even with 2 layers of this foundation on, you can't tell that I'm wearing foundation. But it covers everything that needs covering (though I use a concealer underneath on really dark or red spots. It basically makes me look like I naturally have great skin...which is definitely not the case. The finish is pretty matte, but not as matte as Jlynne or Aromaleigh. I apply this with a Cat's Kabuki brush, and I've had no problem with flaking or caking. So far, I don't need a mid-day touch-up, but this might change by the time I hit the hot, humid weather in the summer. The brush that comes with it is utterly useless. However, the area at the top is the perfect size for a standard baby kabuki brush--since this is so cheap, it's worth it to invest $10-20 to buy a separate baby kabuki for touch-up applications on the go. I'm a MAC nc30, and I use the buff beige...it's a bit too light on me, but all of the colors are very forgiving, and once it's on my skin, you can't tell that it's too light. I might try transculent medium and see if it's a better color match.

on 3/18/2006 12:59:00 PM

I can't figure out why everyone likes this stuff. Perhaps I got a bad batch or something. I bought MEDIUM TRANSLUSCENT, which is not bad as far as the actual colour goes. The powder itself is awful though. It's not even close to being finely milled enough to give a nice flawless finish on me. The "grains" are HUGE! It makes the pores on my cheeks look so massive, they almost look like pock marks. It also seems to highlight by barely there miniscule fine lines and make them look huge as well. And so not a good choice for my very oily skin. I've tried with a Lancome mattifying product and it still doesn't work. The package is cute but not very practical. The brush is like how I would imagine a porcupine's hair to be. I despise this product. DESPISE!!!

on 3/17/2006 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

After reading this in mua, I can't help myself to try it. Its amazing, the powder blend into the skin perfectly, not to matte, not to shiny, just healthy glow. I have try aromaleigh (viole), I don't like the finish too chalky, but this really good and cheaper, the container is so cute.I use in buff beige for my pale asian skin.

on 3/16/2006 1:35:00 PM

I've been using this for several weeks, and I love it. It far exceeds the other mineral makeups I've used, and I've tried Bare Escentuals, Larenim, and Must Have Minerals. Not only is the quality far superior, but it's under $10, and you get far more product!! It's not cakey, and it's really easy to control the coverage. AND, NO BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE. I had to return BE because it's the bismuth oxychloride that made my face look shimmery, but worst of all, made my pores took way bigger than they already are, and gave me a red, itchy rash. (By the way, Must Have Minerals makes incredible "multi-purpose powders" that I use for eyeshadows. I have very oily eyelids, and they NEVER crease on me.)

The packaging is brilliant. Just enough product comes through the sifter. Unlike BE and Larenim, which let loads of product through the sifter and was quite messy.

Several people have commented on the stiffness of the brush. I thought the same thing at first, but after thoroughly washing the brush a few times, it got significantly softer. It's like a whole new brush. A lot of dyes washed out of it (used for the bristles, I assume), so maybe that's what caused it to be so stiff.

As far as color goes, I am extremely pale, and it is incredibly hard to find foundations that are light enough for me. (MAC's lightest studio fixx color is far to yellow and dark for me.) I usually end up with Px Traceless since it adjusts to my super-fair skin. Or, sometimes I just throw on some Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector. Anyway, I bought this in Transluscent Light, which is a pretty close. It is a tad dark and yellow, but is hardly noticeable and hasn't kept me from using it. It also has not darkened on me throughout the day.

Also, no breakouts. I'm a happy girl! continued >>

on 3/15/2006 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

While it's great to find mineral foundation locally now, I think I prefer their mineral pressed powder rather than the loose. It just seems to heavy and dry.

on 3/15/2006 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!! After reading all the great reviews of this product, I decided to give it a shot, and boy am I glad I did. It took me a while to track it down, but I finally found it at a Walgreens. This is a great product, and at $10.00, rivals any of the higher-end brands. I was using Aromaleigh in 2N and found that the Translucent Light PF was almost exact. I love the texture of this powder. It gives you a nice matte, flawless finish, but you skin feels soft and silky at the same time. Just love it. You only need a small amount to get great coverage, so this should last me a while. I use this and their new Cover Tox Ten concealer and I'm good to go. Some people have remarked about the packaging, but I find it to be really cute. I just pour some of the foundation in the cap. I just wish it came with a mirror, but you can't have it all. Physicians Formula has really come a long way since the early days, I hope they keep it up.