Neutrogena Oil Free eye makeup remover

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Poloxamer 182, Allantoin, Tripotassium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cucumber Fruit Extract (Cucumis Sativus), Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate.

on 4/9/2009 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the one that I usually buy over and over though it's not my favorite. It certainly does the job, but my only complaint is that I have to work a little bit harder to get off waterproof mascara which I wear everyday. Mary Kay is my HG but this one is great for "normal" makeup removal and is quite affordable. In terms of drugstore EMU removers, I think this one is the best.

So if a product says oil free, I kinda expect it to be.... oil free. I have used the dual phase eye make up removers before so I am familiar, but this is disgusting. Even after washing I still have oily film on my eyelids, nasty! I was using another drugstore brand and this does the job better, BUT I can't get past the filmy yucky feeling I have after I clean my face. I guess I will save up for my Chanel Dual Phase, at least the rosewater is refreshing. This was a waste of money.

on 4/8/2009 11:07:00 PM

This is an oil based make up remover, so it is oily (for those who dislike the oily feeling, pls dont even try. It is oily since it is deigned so as to remove oilbased makeup easier).

It removes most makeup easily, but not the water resistance ones. It takes 20-30 seconds and a little pressure to remove water resistant mascara, which is the reason why I did not give it 5 stars. It barely has any smell, which I like. I even use it to remove facial makeup since it is really cheap--i got 2 * 100ml for $6or 7 at Walmart.

Overall, it is an amazingly cheap and delightful make up remover which does the trick.

on 4/7/2009 3:41:00 PM

For years I used the Almay makeup remover pads, both oil-free and regular. I liked the fact that they're ready to go, and I didn't have to use a cotton ball. Then I ran out and used a sample of Lancome's BiFacils that I received in a GWP. It was awesome! I sadly decided I was going to have to start paying almost $30 for a bottle of fancy remover until I saw the reviews on MUA for Neutrogena's. I plopped down a whopping $6 at Rite Aid (full price) and am really happy - it is just as good as Lancome's. Plus, the bottle isn't as hard to open! Thank you girls; you're the best!

on 4/7/2009 12:17:00 PM

This is an inexpensive, yet an effective eye makeup remover that I have tried so far, I am on my 2nd bottle! It removes eye makeup with ease (no pulling or tugging of the eye). It does leave an oily residue but that is what helps remove the eye makeup without torturing your eyes! I just shake the bottle to activate the product, pour some on a cotton ball and lightly rub off my eye makeup. I then follow with my normal skin care routine (facial cleanser, toner, moisturizer).

on 4/5/2009 2:47:00 PM

One of the few best eye makeup removers...If you dont mind a little oily residue on your eyes after applying this product then this eye remover is the one for you...dont worry it will fade away quickly.
Will take off ALL different types of eye makeup...even waterproof mascara!!

PS: Won't burn you eyes and way better than the MAC and the Bi-Facil Lancome remover

on 4/4/2009 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had heard of this product before so when I wanted to switch up makeup removers I thought this would be a good alternative. Boy was I WRONG! This made my eyes unbelievably oily, it seemed like I was wiping the oil off of my eyes for ages. I was shocked after reading all of the rave reviews, I can't help wondering if maybe I got a bad bottle? I don't know, but I would definitely not recommend this product to anyone. I threw it out right away.

on 4/4/2009 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Don't know what the raves are...this product seemed oily and was just meh for me.

Wouldn't use again.

on 4/3/2009 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a very nice quality eye make up remover.
I havent tried many make up removers, so there might be better ones for other people, but to me, this is an awesome product!
I can always trust and rely on neutrogena for anything that goes on my face!
This product just glides on your skin! NOT in like a gross, oily way, but like a smooth way! It removes it as soon as you wipe it off. It works great on water proof make up as well.
I gave a low score for packaging quality, but like who cares about packaging? This is just a make up remover! I'm big on like appearance, but this is seriously the last thing I care about on a product that works!

on 4/2/2009 3:04:00 AM

I decided to give this a go for two reasons:

1) I needed an oil free makeup remover that actually removes waterproof sunscreen! I have tried many oil free ones that claim to remove waterproof makeup but they never work so I decided to give this a go.

2) There was a discount on it.

Does this product works as advertised?
I have used this to remove waterproof sunscreen and I don't think it completely takes them off. I use it for the eye area for removing concealer and it works good, it removes eye makeup easily enough, but we must remember the concealer I use around my eyes are not waterproof.

Product Formulation:
I am very curious what the oil like liquid that is floating on the second half of the bottle is. This product is suppose to be oil free, but the liquid on the top half looks suspicuoiuly like oil, so I am realy curious what ingrediants go into making that oil like substance.

Comparisons with Lancome's & Clinique's makeup removers:
I didn't quite like the one from Lancome (I can't remember its exact name), but this product is no competition for Clinique's Take The Day off.

Overall satisfaction:
In the end, I did purchase another bottle after I was finished with the first one, but only did so because it was on sale. The first bottle I purchased was on 20% off, and the second one was on a bigger sale where what I paid for a bottle could buy 2 and 1/2 bottles. I might repurchase if I can get this item at a good sale price, otherwise, I think I probably would give it a pass.