Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

4.1

Not tested on animals

Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 5/11/2004 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Another great product by Dermalogica! I use this as my a.m. product. It makes my face feel clean and refreshed and gets rid of any redness and irritation I have. Plus, it clears away a little bit of the greasies from overnight. I like how it's a powder so you can mix just what you need. A definite repurchase.

on 5/9/2004 9:56:00 PM

I got a deluxe sample of this product and have used it a number of times now. This seems to be botha chemical and mild physical exfoliator as it has some exfoliating particles in it as well as salicylic acid (a beta hydroxy acid). I like how it leaves the skin feeling clean and moist. Takes some experimentation as far as how much water to add to get the right texture but i think just a few drops is perfect to get a thick paste as that way you get more physical exfoliation from it. Seems to last a long time and I would use this as either a daily or every other day step in the cleansing routine. My skin is combo, acne prone.

on 4/14/2004 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Maybe it's just me but this product irritated my face- dried it out, too.
My GF had acne and it fixed it so It's got benefits -just not for dry, thin skin.

on 4/13/2004 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

UPDATE: I'm still using -- and loving -- this product. I found that over time my face became accustomed to it; I can now use it every day, and do NOT have to follow up with a moisture mask. I now use Retin-A every 2 or 3 days, and I find this works well in conjuntion with that regimine. I still get this on Ebay for about $50 for the professional size...it lasts me over a year, even with daily use. ****************************************************************************
I have pretty dry skin, but one of those infamous tzones. I don't break out, but blackheads can be a problem in my chin/nose area if I'm not careful. My esthetician rags on me about exfoliating, but most products are too harsh. I got some samples of this and loved it.

I bought the "professional" size of the Microfoliant on Ebay because several reviewers here complained about the way the product dispensed from the retail size. The big size (6oz) cost me $58 with shipping. It opens at the top so I can just slip in my little 1/4 teaspoon and take out what I need.

It smells clean and is easy to use. Despite its name, I found I can't use it every day or it leaves my face feeling tight. I use it every other day, and always follow it up with a ten minute moisture mask. It leaves my skin smooth and bright, and my "congested" areas have cleared up to the point where I don't have to get extractions when I get my monthly facial. I LOATHE extractions!

I'm kind of a product hound, but I will keep this in my permanent lineup.

on 4/12/2004 1:34:00 AM

I have only tried this in a sample form, so can't comment on the packaging. But I do like the product. It's a bit tricky to use at first, because you need to experiment to find out how much powder you need and then how much water to add to that. But it leaves my skin feeling fresh and clear and yet moist. Also love the fact that it doesn't sting at all.

Sorry I can't recommend this product at all. I'll admit it made my skin lovely and smooth and quite glowy to start with - but after a few weeks use I was left with dry flaky red patches. Perhaps it was too harsh for my skin (dry/combo) it has got salicylic acid in it which tends to be found in spot treatments. I used it every other day (you are supposed to be able to use this daily) but perhaps even that was too much. Too scared to try it again.

on 4/6/2004 4:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Love it! Pretty expensive, but it lasts a long time! I've had mine for nearly a year and have about half of the bottle left. I use it about twice a week.
I add the bare minimum of water to make a thick paste. After I apply it, I leave it on for a minute and then start rubbing lightly with my fingertips.
My skin feels -and looks- silky soft after using.
Best Dermalogica product - IMHO!!

on 3/31/2004 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The absolute best! This is my HG; I'm not even going to bother trying anything else. This is one product that lives up to all the rave reviews!

on 3/31/2004 5:06:00 AM

Great product, smells good and does exfoliate the skin well, although i found that it wasnt grainy enough 4 me at times and washed away quickly but all in all its good stuff..

on 3/28/2004 10:53:00 PM

Right after using this exfoliator my face felt smoother, but I still could see the blackheads embedded around my nose area. For my slightly sensitive skin, this is def not a DAILY exfoliator. If I use this two days in a row my face stings big time and needs at least 3 days for the sensitivity to subside.

Popular Scrubs