Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.25%) (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Water

on 8/21/2004 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This stuff is great! Smooth and non-greasy. The CVS brand of this is pretty similar and works just as well--plus you get a bigger tube for a cheaper price! The scent is sometimes like hairspray I noticed, but if you mix the lotion well before using it and it goes away! This is nice lotion and will work well for both winter and summer!

on 8/21/2004 9:10:00 PM

HG. I buy this stuff at costco. moisturizes all day. does have a wierd smell that quickly goes away. I like neutral scents so it doesnt clash with pricey perfumes!

on 8/18/2004 2:57:00 PM

I love this lotion. It's very good in the winter when your skin is extra dry, because the oatmeal forms a barrier that holds in moisture and protects your skin from the elements. It also doesn't feel greasy at all, although it does take a few minutes to dry. It might be a little heavy in the summer, even for dry skin types like myself, but I still use it to moisturize my hands and feet when i get out of the shower. I love that it doesn't wash off (without soap) so I dont have to keep reapplying to my hands throughout the day.

on 8/10/2004 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is my staple body lotion. While it's not entirely fragrance free, it's inoffensive to me, and it is a great moisturizer. It lasts for a while, it doesn't feel greasy and it is my HG.

I agree with one of the previous reviewer that the pump design is wasteful of the last 1/4 of the bottle. While this isn't the most expensive moisturizer in the world, it is still pricey enough that I'd like to get my money's worth. I've gone through enough bottles of this stuff! That gripe aside, I will continue to repurchase forever :)

on 7/26/2004 11:01:00 PM

It's okay. It kinda feels greasy though so I prefer using Curel on my body instead.

on 7/21/2004 10:28:00 PM

I really enjoy this product. I think it moisturizes pretty well. I like the fact that the lotion is not greasy like some other lotions and it leaves my hands feeling softer. I recommend this product. Only thing is that is does not smell very pretty.

This lotion makes you smell like a medicine cabinet. On the up side, it has the power to zap away dry skin. On the down side, nobody will be willing to stand next to you.

on 7/10/2004 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I love this lotion! I have tried many lotions in my adult lifetime and have yet to find something that beats Aveeno. I use it in the morning and evening after a shower, and my skin feel moisturized for hours. It does not feel greasy and is absorbed very quickly. It has a very faint scent, but it's not offensive in the least bit and fades away in no time at all. I prefer the tube to the pump bottle. There isn't much waste with the tube, especially since it's stored on it's cap. However, I feel the pump is wasteful, because the lotion is thick, it's impossible to get sucked up through the dispenser when you get down to about the last 1/4 bottle. I've repurchased this many times because it has become one of my staples along with my daughters who use it as well.

on 7/2/2004 8:10:00 PM

i bought this because i heard it has no scent and i like the squeeze tube bottle for traveling. i couldnt stand the 'no scent' smell, it was oaty in the worst way. it didnt dry quickly and left me feeling icky.

on 7/1/2004 8:08:00 PM

I used to use Cetaphil (cream and lotion version both), and comparing to those, I find that I like the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion better. It seems to stay on the hand longer. Even after I washed my hands, I can still feel it on me. The texture is very good. Very light and absorbs very well. It doesn't last 24 hours despite the claim on the package, but it does last longer than most of the stuff I've used. This has become a staple for me in the bathroom and in the kitchen.