Clinique Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

3.6

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultane, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Tea Cocoyl Glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Pelmetto) Fruit Extract, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sucrose, Menthol, Hexylene Glycol Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-2, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Sulfate, EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol

on 5/3/2011 9:28:00 AM

My skin is probably not oily enough to be in the exact target demographic for this product, but I do break out and I used a sample over the course of a week or two. It does leave skin squeaky clean and didn't break me out by over-drying. However, it must have menthol or something like that because if it got anywhere near my eyes I could feel fumes that made them, well not really sting or burn, but feel mildly uncomfortable. (That's why I could only give it a 3 lippies.) Since I travel a lot and want to carry a single cleanser that can be used all over my face, including my eyes to remove mascara, etc. this is just too irritating. It does leave your face tingly fresh, but it's just a bit too much for my eyes. My sample was in tube packaging which is great for the shower. Looking at the retail price for the full size bottle, it's a bit much for a cleanser, but it's a nice gel, so maybe worth it for some.

Very gentle on my combo/oily skin, which is good 'cause if a cleanser is too drying my skin goes into an oil frenzy, leaves a bit of a matte finish after washing, but I was using the #4 toner which made it shiny :/ but overall it's an amazing cleanser, gels are great because they give the gentlest clean.
l had to switch though, 'cause l used this product for over a year and my skin was getting used to the ingredients, so of course it wouldn't clean as deep and I was breaking out. Now I'm using some random neutrogena wash, which is keeping acne at bay but it dries out my skin a little. I'm switching to laneige soon, the cleanser and pore minimiser have shipped in (I ordered from ebay) but I'm still waiting for the toner and moisturizer (I'm also questioning on whether I should get the balancing emulsion)
all in all (sorta got off topic ahaahah) this is a great cleanser :) I think it would even work on dry/normal skin

on 3/19/2011 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Yes, I acknowledge it is mild and after wash my face doesn't feel tight and dry. But it is not magic and special. Generally, it is a good cleanser, but the price I think is a little high. There are many other products can substitute it.

on 3/3/2011 2:36:00 AM

Love this sooo much. It makes my skin squeaky clean, but it's also gentle (I have a lot of redness in my face). I love the fact that my skin doesn't feel overly dry after I use this. A lot of oily skin products will just dry your skin out and that's counter productive because then your skin will over compensate and produce even MORE oil. I use this with the clarifying toner as well (#3, the pink one) and my skin is super soft. If you're finding that your skin is still oily after using it, you might need to use the #4 formulas for oily skin and not the #3 for combination skin. OR you're having the issue of this drying out your skin and then the natural oils of your skin are trying to overcompensate. Use the moisturizing gel that goes with this 3 step system.

on 2/28/2011 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This works well with the clinique mosturising gel! My face definitely looks less oily during the day when I use both these products! I skipped the clinique toner though, felt like it made my face too dry so I use a Dior toner.

This feels fresh on the skin, a little tingly but refreshing. I will definitely buy this again and use in combination with the moisturing gel.

on 2/17/2011 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this cleanser, it is gentle, yet it cleanses my skin well. My skin feel cleaned and fresh. The price is good too, and you just need a tiny bump of it, so the bottle will last a while. I use it together with Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer gel.

on 1/14/2011 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

i really wanted to like this product. but it was horrible. at first when i used it, i noticed it made my skin VERY oily... and i thought maybe it was because my skin was getting used to a new product. used it for a couple of weeks until the one night i went out to a club and took a look at my makeup and it was HORRIBLE! my makeup was literally MELTING off my skin.. and this was in november!!!!!!!! and i barely danced. it was all the oil from my skin. i knew it wasnt any of my other products because ive used them before and they never did this.. it was this soap. this is the WORST PRODUCT i have ever used...

Wonderful for removing my Revlon Colorstay liq fndt! (The comb/oily fndt.) All it takes if part of a pump, and it comes off stat!! And not a trace of mu left!! It does not dry out my comb/oily skin at all or irritate it. Just soft supple clean skin.

As for the scent, I am one to get migraines or just plain annoyed with scents, so I would have noticed. The previous reviewer must have got a bad batch or something. Weird. I have never experienced anything like that with this mu remover over the past 10+ years of using it. Sames goes for the stripped skin comment. (I would never use a comb/oily skin formula if I had dry skin!!)

Overall, I love this product. Def a staple of mine. Love the packaging. And as for the price, a little goes a long way for me, so I can live with it. Highly recommend!!!

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I felt that this cleanser did remove my oil off my skin very well. I did however have to wash my face twice to remove my makeup. The smell is a bit strong. Its an ok cleanser, not for the price of it.

on 12/24/2010 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

i love the packaging. i hate the product. it never take off any make up even if i use it twice. my face feels clean but when i use the toner, i can still remove foundation on my face. it broke me out because it didnt get much dirt on my face along side with their clarifying toner #3.