TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

4.1

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

on 8/27/2013 12:21:00 AM

For years and years I've been curling and straightening my hair without using any kind of heat protectant. Bad, I know. But whatever. I always hear Youtube gurus say it ruins you hair to use heat styling tools and not use a protectant so I decided to try this one since it was pretty cheap, I think less than $5, at Target and had good reviews her on MUA. So the product itself smells good, the bottle and sprayer is really nice and dispenses a nice mist that sprays lightly over a large area of hair and it doesn't seem to leave any residue on my hair or make it sticky or crunchy or anything. So that's all good. But since I don't have any experience with other heat protectors, I don't really know if it this works all that well. I guess I would maybe repurchase again if I ran out... or maybe I would decide to come back to MUA and search around for another cheap, easily accessible heat protector spray. For now it works, I like it and I'll finish my bottle but I may or may not repurchase.

I gave this product a good run and actually purchased a number of bottles believing it was doing what it should be doing. The thing is, that I've been "out" for a while and I just don't miss it. My hair doesn't feel better or worse - and I actually think this spray only made my hair appear limp and flat - as in lacking volume. Perhaps I don't have the right hair type, I heard it works better on hair that's already fairly straight/kink free and my hair's semi-wavy and a little difficult to manage.

on 8/26/2013 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is probably the most reasonable priced thermal spray I've seen out there, it's just too bad how with all the hype and rave from other reviewers, this unfortunately did not work out for me.

I tried to like this product, used it about 5x and I get nothing but a sticky finish on my hair, around my neck, and it just gets even worse when it rains.

Fragrance-wise, I love it. It smells so fresh, and it still smells good after a few hours. The bottle it comes in is pretty decent in size, the price is good (under $5). First time I used it was when I was curling my hair with my nume magic wand, (titanium curling wand) and I noticed that my hair was crunchy and felt like I had sprayed on a bottle of hair spray. My hair felt really dry with it even after using a hair mask from Biolage prior to that.

I tried it again using my CHI flat iron when I went for a super straight look. My hair felt heavy, hair is frizzy and sticky. After a few hours or so, my hair is no longer soft, but crunchy and dry. I first decided to blame it on how badly damaged my hair is to begin with, however, I decided to buy the Nexxus Pro Mend after using this 5x. Did not work for me at all, sadly. I am definitely going to stick with Nexxus Pro Mend for now.

on 8/21/2013 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Really affordable and great product! Does exactly what it's supposed to do!

on 8/13/2013 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really liked this, the scent is amazing! I'm not sure if it made my hair look any better after straightening, but it definitely felt nicer. I don't straighten very frequently so I can't compare how it works to other heat tamers. It's incredibly easy to spray and the mist is perfect.

on 8/13/2013 4:30:00 PM

Worst hair product I've ever come across. No matter when I spray, it always makes my hair sticky and then crunchy. No matter how much or how little I spray. Worst thing about it is that if I end up in some rain, my hair turns into one sticky birdsnest..

I don't if it really does anything to protect my hair, but it does make it smoother than when I don't use anything. I think the formula has changed ever since I first bought this years ago, for the worst. Compared to another heat protectant spray I used garnier fructis) this is MUCH better. I think garnier fructis heat protection spray will do you far more damage than good, please stay away from that spray!!

I usually spray this in damp hair and wait till my hair is COMPLETELY dry and then I straighten my hair. Smooth but it tend to take the volume away from my hair and make it flat

on 7/26/2013 2:02:00 AM

When I used to straighten my hair everyday (oh how I regret that) I used to use this because I liked it the most out of all that I tried. It was very light, not sticky or drying. It had a very fresg and light scent and the spray bottle sprayed a perfect mist over my hair. I still have about half a bottle of this and I use it on the rare occasions I style my hair with heat.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this because it has great reviews but it leaves my hair feeling sticky, no matter how little I put in. And also, if I touched my hair, my hands would feel sticky too.

on 7/19/2013 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love this product! I've been using it ever since I started straightening my hair, about 5 years ago. It is light, has a fairly pleasant scent, and I have not seen any damage to my hair (although I myself don't overdo the heat.) I use this before I blow dry my hair and, combined with the other products I use, it does an excellent job of protecting my thin, fine locks.

Video Reviews & Tutorials