Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Spot Concealer

3.9

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 1%. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Talc, Tribehenin, Trisiloxane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Alumina, Nylon 12, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Polyisobutene, Synthetic Wax, Micocrystalline Wax, Sodium Chloride, Mushroom Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cornflower Extract, Meadowsweet Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Phytantriol, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Triethoxy Caprylysilane, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsequioxane Copolymer, Silica, Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Zinc Oxide.

on 11/11/2012 5:30:00 PM

I have been using this product for about three years now, and it is the absolute BEST drugstore concealer. It covers pimples easily with just a small amount of product and if you dab it in right, it doesnt look cakey and takes away redness. It doesnt break me out at all so I don't really care if I'm using an 'unsanitary' applicator because I blend it in with clean fingers anyway.
5 STARS!

on 11/10/2012 7:59:00 PM

love it!! this is a great concealer. It covers blemishes up very well and certain pimples that are just baaaad that i get here and there. I like covering up bags under my eyes with this believe it or not!

on 11/4/2012 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Overall thought: This product is great for those with cool-toned skin. It even works for acne-prone skin. I have hyper-pigmentation and active blemishes. Remember, it is important to use a moisturizer before application,

Tip for keeping it sanitary: Wipe the wand/make-up on the back of your sanitized hand and use an alternative brush to apply the concealer. You do not want to touch the want to your face and then put it back in the tube. That will spread bacteria much easier and faster.

How I use for full-coverage:
1. I put about 3 swipes on the back of my hand. I use a foundation, flat brush to apply in even, dabbing motion on moisturized face. Repeat until fully covered. Wait until the concealer is dry if you want to apply another layer to the same part of the face.
2. Use a stippling motion to apply powder to set the concealer.

It's easy as that!

----
EDIT: I realized that this product was really doing more damage than good over time. It really stuck hardcore to my face, which is good for some, but I felt as though it was really counterproductive in the end. The amount of scrubbing I had to do to get the product off my face caused far more irritation than I would ever wish. Plus, that caused more skin issues for me. I think I'll stay away from this concealer now.

on 10/16/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this. I was wanting to try the foundations with SA, but I didn't want the chemical everywhere. Focusing the medication and coverage where I need it most is what I needed, and this concealer does the job. I wish it were in a squeeze packaging instead, but other than that, I like this for my acne.

on 10/16/2012 9:19:00 AM

Works well as a concealer and at the same time does not worsen my acne. What more can you ask for? Remember to use moisturize before using as it may dry out your skin a bit. I have combination skin that is prone to breakout around the T zone area. After moisturizer I just dab it on all the pimples and then use a concealer brush to blend them evenly, or just dab lightly with my finger, then put on the rest of my makeup. On days I don't feel like putting on too much makeup, I just use this concealer followed by a light layer of powder to even out the skin tone then I'm good to go. In terms of the blemish healing aspect, I can't guarantee that it heals blemishes completely but it does seem to dry up my pimples and thus make them seem less red and swollen. Overall a great product for the price and a must try!

I've seen this for a long time as I tried the Clear Complexion foundations 2 years back but I never got around to buying it. Pleasantly surprised by the creamy formula and coverage! I have extremely oily skin(& acne prone) and never have I had a concealer that would stay put for at least 6 hours. This has great lasting power, doesn't break me out and awesome for hiding the more visible acne without irrititating it or bringing to a head by the end of the day(worst thing ever -.-) Great buy. Highly recommended.

on 9/29/2012 12:46:00 PM

i thinnk it's great.

on 9/29/2012 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When I first bought this it sucked. I would try to use it to cover all the redness on my chin and around my nose, and it would just look cakey, yellow, and settle into pores. So I basically put this in my Makeup Bag of Mistakes for a few months. When my Lancôme Retouche concealer pen (discontinued, sadly) ran out I decided to try this again with the ingenious idea of mixing it with my foundation for a almost full coverage base, and then dabbing it on places that are still red. WOW. It was amazing! My skin looked flawless. This really is a full coverage concealer. Ladies, just make sure you use a foundation with it, or try mixing it with your favorite foundation so it is a thousand times less cakey :)
The salicylic acid doesn't do much for my acne, but I buy it for the concealer part.

on 9/29/2012 2:28:00 AM

I have used this product for over 7 years and this this is the best concealer I've ever tried. I have used several brands throughout the years but I also come back to this one. As a teenager I had horrible acne and left with scars. I find this concealer to cover well, natural color, and stays on forever! I put a few dabs on my redness areas on my face, blend with a sponge, finish with powder and then that's all!! It blends so well that I can just use this alone if I wanted to. One tube last me about 6+ months, you don't need a lot--so I think it's very worth the money. The only thing that concerns me is how it's a sponge applicator, this can be unsanitary, but since it has acne medication in it already--so i'm sure it kills some of the bacteria, my tubes have never turned rancid or bad. I love this concealer so much and wouldn't buy anything else

on 9/28/2012 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I Really like the conclear! It doesnt break you out and covers really well! This is the only conclear i buy/trust. The only thing is that its like $8 but it lasts you a while (: I completly reccomend this product for acne-prone sentive comb. skin!