Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid

4.3

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer (all preceding ingredients sourced from Silica), Jojoba Seed Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Lavender Oil, Soybean Oil, Tocopheryl (sourced from Soy), Fragrance (including Certified Organic Vetiver, Lavender, Blond Orange, Marjoram, Rosemary, and Cinnamon Leaf), and Limonene.

on 10/24/2007 1:04:00 PM

One of my favorite products! Yes, it's expensive, but it lasts a long time. This is the lightest serum I've ever found that actually works. I use it in a few ways. I like to put it on a section of wet or damp hair before blowdrying (a good tip that works well for me is to twist the hair after it's dry and still warm, this prevents the section from frizzing up and makes nice waves). I also like to use it on dry hair before flat ironing. And then it' s also a good lightweight finisher. I really do love this stuff - have repurchased many times throughout the years. For reference, my hair is fine, thin, naturally curly but I often straighten.

If I want to air dry, I do use a heavier serum though since this is too light to prevent frizz (for me). For that, I use Garnier sleek and shine serum or the discontinued Loreal vive anti-frizz serum on wet hair right out of the shower.

on 9/15/2007 3:45:00 AM

I've used this product for about 6 months now but just starting using it the right wayfor my hair. I use to use it after my hair was blown dry but about a month ago I ran out of my other hair products & I've recently stopped blow drying my hair. I used this after I washed my hair & this product actually controlled my frizz; it doesn't do anything for my shine or make my hair smell nice but it really helps me out, since I flat iron my hair I try not to blow dry my hair & this product helps give me a smooth look with out my hair looking like a hair ball.

on 8/29/2007 12:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I didn't see what was the big deal about this product. It is your typical greasy hair serum, but more expensive. The consistency is very runny - it's like squeezing pure oil onto your hands. If you look at the ingredients for this, it contians so many plant oils. I don't mind using hair products that contain minimal amounts of oil, but this one has 4 different plant oils listed as main ingredients. That's too much! I used this on both wet and dry hair, and didn't notice any improved shine or smoothing. This is way overpriced for what you get.

on 7/27/2007 9:11:00 PM

Honestly, this stuff is amazing. I use it every day before I dry my hair and then again before I straighten it . . . my hair comes out looking shiny and soft! Also, you can use a decent amount of this product without that greasy feeling (although you don't really need more than 2-4 pumps). After trying so many similar products that left me with so-so results (and a lot of grease), I have finally found my savior! I have thick, wavy, unruly hair, but I am sure this product would yield the same results with any hair type. I would 100% recommend this product.

on 7/25/2007 7:58:00 PM

Love this. You can pretty much use this whenever, on dry or wet hair. I usually use this when my hair is almost dry/frizzy concentrating on outer layers and ends. It really helps. A little goes a long weigh and it never weighs my hair down. I have thick/ just below the shoulder length hair and about 4 to 5 pumps works well. It also smells really good but very light.

on 6/26/2007 11:23:00 PM

I got this last week after my stylist used it on me. It made my hair so soft and shiny that I had to ask her what it was. She pointed it out and I hesitated at the $23 or so price tag, but I got it anyway. I use this lovely serum before I dry my hair and again after I flat iron. I don't know if it's possible to use too much. It feels so light but packs quite a punch. Really smooths and shines my hair without being greasy whatsoever. I have super thick hair that falls just past my shoulders, and I use about 4 pumps on wet hair to blow dry, then 3 pumps after flat ironing to give shine and a little bit of definition. I love the smell too, which I normally don't with Aveda products. This one smells more clean and less herbally. If I ever use my bottle up, I'll repurchase.

on 6/3/2007 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have naturally curly (3A/B) hair that is fine, medium density, colored and chemically treated. I use this on damp hair before blow drying it straight and my hair comes out very soft. A few drops on dry hair and it makes a great finishing product imparting nice shine. It's a very light product and does not weigh down my hair. It is full of silicones (the first ingredient is cyclopentasiloxane - the toughest silicone to remove) if that matters to you but that makes it a great protectant for heat styling. I would repurchase even though my holy grail before blowdrying is still Kiehl's Heat Protective Silk Straightening Creme.

on 5/22/2007 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Very light finishing oil. Is absorbed by the hair leaving it looking healthy and shiny. Good for light, natural looking finish. Also helpful if applied right before using a straightening iron.

on 5/13/2007 4:58:00 PM

I'm not the greatest fan of the fragrance composition, but apart from that this is a great product! Protects my hair end from splitting and heat damage, smooths away flyaways, imparts great shine. So, I'll keep it stocked.

on 5/9/2007 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a great serum. It gives shine and smoothes, but isn't as heavy as some serums. It has a very lightweight feel to it, almost like you could layer it on and still it wouldn't build up. I love it before blowdrying or ironing, and I love adding a little more to a finished style for shine and to define layers. This is also the perfect serum to add shine to your hair on a second or third day of wear between washing, because it is so lightweight. Also it smells really great!

Top Rated Aveda Products