St. Ives Apricot Scrub

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

on 9/14/2014 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have acne prone, oily skin and I have tried so many different face washes but this is the best I've used so far. For one, it smells AMAZING. I literally want to eat it when I put it on sometimes. LOL. It's definetly very gritty but if you put it on gently, you're fine. I put it on before I wash my body and my hair and let it sit and then rinse it off last. Your skin definetly feels much cleaner because it cleanses so deeply. In the morning, everywhere I've broken out has reduced and dried up. I wouldn't recommend using it everyday because for some people it could dry out your skin too much and do some damage. But if you use it every other day, you'll have some good results. Even if you don't have acne, I feel like this is a really good, deep exfoliating face wash. It just cleans your skin so well. I love it!!!

on 8/28/2014 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Honestly, not everyone's face is going to be able to handle this exfoliator. For me personally, it's a godsend. If you have thin, sensitive skin, this is probably not for you and you should look for something gentler.

For reference I have combination/leaning more toward oily skin. I have overactive sebum production, thick resiliant skin, acne prone, large pores, and skin that does NOT slough properly. I've been told to "just splash water on your face" or "use a soft cloth and don't scrub" by a few people. If I go that route, my skin gets super clogged, dead skin accumulates leaving a dull complexion, and I'll get tons of breakouts/blackheads/sebum clogs/cysts. It's just not a pretty sight.

I use St. Ives scrub every. single. morning. It does not feel like I'm exfoliating with glass, or sandpaper. It feels amazing. When I rinse it off my skin is baby butt smooth. It keeps all my acne at bay, it helps existing acne clear up much quicker too.

I always forget how amazing this scrub is because my skin will clear up because of it, and I'll STOP using it, which I need to remember to stop doing. My skin breaks out again and I'll be so confused why, and then I'll remember that my skin sucks and doesn't slough like everyone elses.

Oh, yeah. Excellent stuff. If you like exfoliating with what feels like glass shards.

on 8/18/2014 4:49:00 PM

I really like this scrub and I feel like it really does remove all the dead skin from my face however using it as often as I do (3-4 times a week) sometimes i do get small spots mostly around my forehead or eyebrows but I feel like my skin needs it that often. I've started mixing this with a pump of my soap and glory cleanser and I find it makes it that little bit gentler on my skin. It has a pleasant smell and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight. I don't have sensitive skin at all so I think that's why I'm able to use it so often without much irritation but I think if you've got sensitive skin then maybe just use this once a week since the particles are quite rough then you should be able to judge how often to use this by how your skin reacts. I will be repurchasing this product!

on 8/16/2014 6:29:00 PM

I got the blemish fighting one as I have combination/oily acne-prone skin and it contains salicylic acid. However, the apricot kernels scratched up my skin and made it sensitive (which is usually isn't), I'm very disappointed with this scrub, I had such high hopes :(

on 8/9/2014 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I guess one good thing about this scrub is the price and smell. One thing I do not like about it is that you have to avoid your eyes... because it hurts when some of the rough beads get inside your eyes. On the exfoliating scale.. I would say it's medium to deep. It does not do a deep exfoliating because the beads are not rough enough. Afterward my skin usually feels clean and soft.

on 8/6/2014 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this scrub! It's probably my favorite face scrub because I always find myself gravitating towards it. I've been using this scrub for more than 5 years now, on and off, but I truly feel this scrub works well for me (I've tried others too). AND!! You can't complain about the price... it's affordable! My face feels very clean everytime I use it. I also think it helped deminish some of my blemishes after many use.

on 8/4/2014 1:04:00 AM

Honestly, nothing this abrasive should be going on anyone's face. Ever. It feels like sandpaper because it pretty much is - it leaves microtears in the skin. There are far gentler ways to exfoliate... like a clean washcloth, or even salicylic acid.

Gets a point for smelling nice.

on 7/30/2014 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product thinking I would use it as a weekly scrub for my face but it turned out to feel like sandpaper being scraped across my face

Pros: it's great for exfoliating your legs before shaving
I mix a very small amount with my facial cleanser so I can use it on my face
It has a light apricot scent

Cons: didn't do much for my skin (no changes in acne or oilyness)
Too rough for my face
Didn't get the super clean feeling on my face after using it

on 7/28/2014 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this to use as my weekly exfoliator and I really wanted it to work out, but this was a total disaster. I started off by using this two times a week on my skin, but it completely broke me out. I went back to my regular cleansing routine and the damage was gone in a week. This may work out for someone with tougher skin, but it's way too rough and abrasive for sensitive skin.

Popular Scrubs