MAC Sheertone Blush in Blushbaby

4.5

on 1/7/2012 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I returned this. It just wasn't enough pigmentation. I had it for a few months and never used it. I realized I just didn't like the color. MAC has an amazing selection of blushes. For my skin tone, this is one that I can do without.

on 12/28/2011 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The perfect blush. Makes me look naturally radiant and sunny. Very hard to overapply, and if you do it blends out well.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Beige-pink (Sheertone)

I have the hardest time finding a blush that doesn't look disastrous on me. I have a bunch of MAC blushes in my hoard, but none of them were quite right on my skin; they were mostly too pink, or too red, or too plummy to truly constitute what I would consider to be not an apocalyptic tranny mess natural. I visited my local MAC counter with high hopes of finding a brownish blush and falling in love with it. Unfortunately, MAC's 'Blunt' had alterior motives and stole my heart and the 18-something bucks that it cost me to purchase it. Needless to say, I was devastated.

After a brief phone call with the (truly amazing) MAC ladies at the local counter in Belk, I discovered the true beauty of the store's return policy, so I packed that lying, devious harlot back into it's original packaging and made my merry way to the mall.

Finding the right blush, I've decided, is like dating: we always go for the louder, more 'standout' shades and leave the softer, plainer ones to wonder why good guys always finish last; and like the dating world, those louder, 'standout' selections usually leave you burned and with a sexually transmitted disease a foul taste in your mouth.

My first impression of MAC's 'BlushBaby' was not the best; the website calls it 'pink-beige', but the color in the pan clearly screams 'sick cat gray-pink'. I skipped over it and swatched about a dozen shades on my hand, but couldn't find anything that looked quite right. The attending MAC lady, probably noticing my striped hand and my frazzled appearance from my bad breakup with 'Blunt', hurried over to me.

"Let me know if I can help you find anything?"

I took her up on the offer. Yeah, I know it's their job, but I hate pestering the crap out of them bugging them when I know I should be able to make the decision on my own.

"Yeah, I kind of want something that looks pretty natural."

She dutifully leaned over the counter and took a tissue to one of the few blushes I hadn't sampled.

"Try this one, it's one of our best sellers!"

There it was, the Quasimodo of MAC blushes, smeared across the tissue. Not wanting to be impolite (I have my moments), I half-heartedly buffed the blush into the back of my hand.

Not to be over dramatic or anything, but time stopped for just a moment.

Seriously... LIFE. FREAKIN'. CHANGED.

I signed off on the divorce papers receipt for my return and took my new-found-romance back to the car. Before I could even leave the parking lot, she was all over me. What can I say? It was love at first sight.

Ease of Application: 5/5

Product Quality: 5/5

Packaging: 5/5

Staying Power: 4/5

Overall: 19/20 (A+)

Notes: BlushBaby is great for the NC/20-NC35 (or NW15-NW40) range, but it might have some funky mixups with those who have super-yellowish undertones. Being as 'natural' as it is, you may want to skip it if you want a little more 'pop' to your look. continued >>

on 11/21/2011 12:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely adore this blush! I never would have tried this out but one of my friends was raving about it so I decided to check it out. And I'm so glad I did, because it's amazing! It's my first MAC blush but I love it so much I'm sure I'll be buying more.
It looks kind of brown and unflattering in the pan but on my NC20/25 (I'm in between the two) skin it's stunning! It makes me look healthy and glowy. My new favorite blush (before, it was Estee Lauder's Radiant Peach, which I still love.)

Could not recommend this enough. :)

on 11/15/2011 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I am an NC35 and this color is great for when I want a pink blush. It's more of a pink purple color. It's not flashy and blends well.

on 11/8/2011 3:22:00 AM

How I love this stuff. I am a solid NC20 and this shows up a nude pink! Before my friend gave this to me, I never bothered with it in MAC, I was always buying up peachy and pink blushes. This looked brown to me in the store against the other 30 pink/peach blushes. How would brown look good on me when I'm NC20? So it wasn't even on my "Wanted" list. My friend bought this for me for my birthday. At first I really didn't even want to try it. But when I did, it was love at first swipe! For some reason, this shows up pink! Like a very subtle nude pink! Like I am flushing, but not red! I am flushing pink!! Not brown at all, and for some reason, I can go ahead and pack this on when normally I have to be very careful with my blushes if I don't want to end up looking like I got slapped recently. I LOVE this stuff, and it is approaching Holy Grail surprisingly. If you have NARS blushes, I would say this is lighter than Douceur, or rather, I little more natural and less peach. It is similar to Oasis without the shimmer and the scary pigmentation. It's like Oasis's mellow good-girl sister. When you apply it, it is like a pinker version of NARS Penny Lane, think that kind of pretty subtlety, and that kind of pigmentation, and that kind of glow, but in powder form. Overall, everyone needs to try this. A must have in my book! =)

on 10/26/2011 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have repurchased this blush 3 times. I do have a few other more pink blushes but this blush looks good with everything. You will never look like a clown with blush baby or like you have a spray tan. It's very easy to apply and natural looking. My skin color is NC 20. I am fair but not porcelain. I think anyone a little lighter or darker can also wear this. It doesn't cause me to breakout at all and I don't smell any fragrance. It's like a combination pink,brown rose.

on 10/25/2011 10:33:00 PM

Very nice natural blush for my NC30/35 skin tone. I have to build it up cuz theres not that much pigmentation at first. One of those blushes that look great if youre doing a neutral eye and it adds a pop of color on the cheeks w/o being overwhelming

on 10/9/2011 3:45:00 PM

This is a very natural pink flush (but looks peachy on my cheeks). It is very sheer so I need build up the color with a few more swirls with the brush. MAC blushes are a bit chalky compared to the NARS blushes or TheBalm blushes which are more finely milled and silky to the touch. Sleek black packaging. But I still love this blush for the natural beautiful color.

on 9/25/2011 2:07:00 AM

Very natural looking and not too pigmented (it'd be great for someone who is just starting out with make up), staying power is good and the consistency is great, no surprise there. Works great on light to medium warm skin tone, however, I liked this blush better in the shop because of how the light affected the color. I was looking for a dusty pink, sheer, very natural blush but when I got it home and looked at it in the day light, I found that it was more of a brownish light terracotta with a hint of pink, or at least that's how it shows up on me. So I was disappointed but then I found an old favorite lipstick of mine (Retro by Mac) which I haven't worn for a long time and when I applied that with Blushbaby I fell in love (with the blush and the lipstick all over again). So I'm keeping it after all.
With all that said, Blushbaby looks very natural and great for everyday wear. But I'm still searching for the perfect dusty pink, no shimmer blush for everyday use.

Top Rated MAC Products