Dior Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

3.8

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried today a bestselling mascara by Soap and Glory (their Thick and Fast one) and then I have appreciated how wonderful this mascara by Dior is.

S&G product is some kind of a joke which creates clumpy, short lashes that smudge after 2 hours under my eyes on a dry day.

Diorshow Extase it is a completely different story. I have been always advocating not buying a designer, expensive product ( Chanel Inimmitable, what a waste of maney it was!) but after experience with this one I have to eat my own words.

The brush is a genius - my eyelashes are voluminous, long, black, lush, glossy and separated, holding the curl, just BEAUTIFUL. This mascara could work as my whole eyemakeup on a good day. I do not even need two coats!

It smudges very slightly under my eyes after about 5-6 hours but I can live with it ( I am using a very greasy undereye sunscreen product so it might be its fault, usually a good curl helps to minimase it), it does not budge otherwise until I am taking my makeup off in the evening.

Worth every penny and I am going to buy another one soon (this one was with me for more than 4 months now and as it is still perfectly wet and working I am still affraid of an eye infection and I tend to chuck any eyeproducts after 4 months of use).

on 1/31/2012 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The best volumizing/lengthening mascara. It even curled my lashes! I LOVE this mascara!

it is an ok mascara nothing special really. Too expensive

on 1/20/2012 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Used a clean brush to apply, not the one in the tube, this is a good idea with any new tube. Went on very nice, filled in, curled a little, and stayed all day without smearing below the eye. So far so good!

on 1/15/2012 11:07:00 PM

When i first got this, it always smudged, making me look like a raccoon! But after putting it aside for a few months, i was bored and found this again, tried it on, and it not only didnt smudge on me anymore, but it also lengthens my eyelashes! i have short asian lashes and putting these on actually makes me look like i have falsies on or something!
it's not a heavy formula, so my lashes actually stays curly throughout the day too :)

on 1/14/2012 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I dont know why this doesnt have better reviews! I love this mascara. It does not curl much but its amazing for lengthening. I have long eyelashes to begin with but they are practically in my eyebrows. Cannot wait to try after using an eyelash curler! It beats the DiorShow waterproof for me- definitely !! Expensive? Sure but worth it to me. I mix it up also using cheaper mascaras so I don't see the price as an issue.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I love this mascara, although I have to say it isn't for everybody and I'm not surprised to see the mixed reviews. My lashes are long and thin and I need something to plump them up and darken them. This stuff gives me really dramatic lashes, I have gotten so many compliments since I started using it. In photos it looks like I am wearing false lashes. This stuff is thick and wet and I wouldn't recommend it for most girls for an everyday mascara unless you like the super dramatic look. I have very dark eyes and features and love having dramatic lashes so for me this mascara was a win.

on 12/19/2011 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the Diorshow Iconic, but Extase is a disappointment. It doesn't separate and define my lashes well enough, they always look a bit spidery. It's getting a little better now that I've had it open for about 2 months, but at the beginning it was way too wet. It also smudges, a problem that I rarely experience with mascaras. I think it would perform much much better if the tube would do a better job of scraping excess off the brush as you're pulling it out. It would really help to make it less clumpy. As I would expect from Dior, the packaging is stunning. But overall I wouldn't re-purchase this mascara. I would rate it a 3.5

on 11/8/2011 6:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I purchased this mascara a little over a month ago and I've only used it about 2 times.... that probably says it all. The formula is extremely wet, it akes my lashes stick together, not clumpy at all but it definately does NOT volumize my eyelashes. For $28 its a rip off!! If you want to spend forever on your eyelashes you can probably ake it work, but with my busy life.... I have no time to figure out how to make this work. Maybe once it dries a little I can get better results. Over all, NOT WORTH IT!!

on 11/7/2011 6:53:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

For some reason I bought this expecting a tubing mascara, but it isn't. I normally only buy waterproof mascara (tubing or not), and this isn't waterproof, either. However, this stuff. Does. Not. Smudge.

I have short, straight, sparse lashes. This volumises, but doesn't lengthen much. It's buildable, but the wierd wavy brush is a bit large for me, and can be trickly to manage. I need to be careful not to apply too much at once. It really holds a very nice curl if I use my heated curler.

I don't understand ithe long wear. It's defying all the natural laws of mascara that I've come to know. Everything smudges on me. Any other "standard" mascara would have circumnavigated my face several times by the end of the day, but Extase stays put, and then is easily removed with standard EMUR.

Absolutely my favourite non-waterproof mascara, except for the confusion it creates in me. Hmmmmm.....

Popular Mascaras