Rimmel Volume Flash The Max

3.4

on 12/13/2010 5:42:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For me this was an average mascara with average performance that did average things to my lashes. My lashes are already long, and any old mascara will give me volume if I brush at them enough, so all I ask from my mascara is that it will hold a curl. And it didn't :( I didn't have too many issues with clumping, but I always wipe my mascara wands before use no matter what mascara I'm using. It's not a bad mascara by any means, but there are greener pastures to be had. I won't be repurchasing this.

on 12/8/2010 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is my All-time favourite mascara ever! My eyelashes are pretty long but not very thick. This mascara makes my eyelashes SO long and SO curled, and thick. People always complement me with this and ask if i curl my eyelashes. But i dont. This is the best!

on 11/27/2010 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was not as volumizing or lengthening as I was hoping for. This has cute packaging, but the black was not as dark as other mascaras I have tried, and it weighed down my lashes, so it did not matter how much I curled them, they looked stick straight. It gave a nice natural look, and does not smudge or flake, and was not clumpy. But just an average mascara.

on 11/17/2010 7:46:00 AM

I bought this because I was in need of a new mascara, there was a great deal on rimmel mascara's (2 for 1) so I bought 2 and started hoping it was going to give me some great lashes.
But no, I was hoping for a bit of lenght and some great volume, but it gave me no lenght what so ever, a bit of volume...
The only great thing about this mascara is that it goes off just like that and the packaging is really awsome :P Hot Pink.

It is not the worst mascara I have ever tried, but it comes not even close to the best mascara I have ever tried.
Overall... A nice mascara for a more natural day. But thats it.
Compared to my all time favourite mascara this one is much cheaper tho.

on 10/26/2010 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was so excited to buy this mascara when I first read all the good (initial) reviews on this website. I haunted all the drugstores until it finally appeared on the shelves. My first thought that this might not be all it was hyped up to be was when I first unscrewed the cap. The brush felt light and flimsy and although it looked like it had nice fat bristles, upon closer inspection, they were not tightly packed together at all and looked rather haphazard in placement. It looked like a cheaper version of Maybelline's Full and Soft brush. The true test was in application, though....and it failed. It clumped my lashes together horribly, and no twisting or twirling with the brush was any use in getting them unstuck from each other. The deal breaker was when I glanced in the mirror a few hours after application and saw that the amount of mascara that had migrated under my eyes was rivaling what I actually had left on my lashes. This was the first product I have ever purchased from Rimmel and I'm definitely not impressed.

on 10/15/2010 5:07:00 PM

I usually have good luck with Rimmel products but wasn't too impressed by this one.
The brush provided a good amount of volume but not as much as I would have liked. Also, the mascara wasn't as black as the blackest black claim. The product flaked a little toward the end of the day and didn't last as long as I would have liked.
On application the mascara applied a little more clumpy than I would have liked. Even after a few comb throughs it still clumped together a little bit.
I probably wouldn't buy this mascara again unless it was a last resort.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was so frustrated trying to decide what mascara to get, I just had so many options. So I went on to youtube and was looking at some reviews when I came across this mascara. Immediatley the color of the tube caught my eye, and I thought the packaging was cute. I have bone straight eyelashes, but they're still a decent length so I always try and look ffor volumizing mascara. No matter what mascara I buy I ALWAYS have to curl my eyelashes, cause if not my eyelashes will just look straight with any mascara applied. I got this mascara and was taken back by the size of the wand, its huuuge. I noticed that the wand carried too much mascara on it so it was a tad globy, but wth wiping the excess off the rim of the tube you'll be fine. Overall, with eyelashes curled I got the volume that it said I would..not exactly 14x like it said on the packaging, but I got the volume. It's a decent volumizing mascara so if youre looking for a volumizing mascara go for it. My sister also tried this and she has nice decent length eyelashes with some curl and her eyelashes looked AMAZING, they literally looked like fake eyelashes. Good mascara.

on 9/25/2010 10:51:00 AM

Oh my gosh, I absolutley HATED this mascara!!! I brought it because I needed a cheap waterproof mascara for swimming on holiday, and this was on offer for just under 5, which I think is very cheap (hence why it got a 2 rating for price). I was so eager to try it out, and I can honeslty say it was one of the biggest make up disapointments EVER.
Down points:
- It is so thick, it made me look like I just had 3 huge lashes because thy just clumped together.
- The brush is too big and clumpy, and picks up way to much product, no matter how much you try to get it off.
- Does not define lashes AT ALL.
- Does not provide volume AT ALL.
- It was so wet and heavy that it transferred onto my socke line and cheek.
- Flaked off ono my cheeks after a couple of hours of wear.
In fact, I was so infuriated that I spent my hard earned money (albeit a little amount) on such an awful prdocut that I had to take it back to the shop and demand a refund because of the inadequate quality!! Crikey, I sounds like a right moody person!

Good points:
- Cheap.
- I liked the colour of the packaging ( I gave the packaging a 3, because although it is a nice pink colour, the hole at the top did not get any product off the brush when pulling it out, and so causing the above effects).

After reading the other reviews, it seems that you are all fans, so maybe a got the bad tube of mascara? Who knows? All I know is that I shall never be buying this mascara again i'm afraid!

on 9/9/2010 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i bought this mascara when watching a youtube guru and I ran out & got this! Instead of the hot pink tube, I bought the Lime green tube. I guess it is the same, but the brush has a bigger curve on it. It took me a couple tries to get the hang of this & I must say this mascara really does the trick! Totally fans out my lashes & gives me volume and length. It makes my eyes really stand out so I think you are deffff getting your moneys worth for a drug store mascara. If any of you ladies are using the "Pink Tube" and do not like it, try the green one instead and see if it makes a difference. I will continue to keep using this. I took one lippy off because the formula is thick so be careful. I would prob purchase this again.

on 9/8/2010 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara is very good about some things and horrible about others. I have blonde lashes and the dard color of Black 001 is a pretty color. The gigantic brush can be messy though. It does clump quite a bit whick is its main probablom. It also sort of wieghs your lashes down. I don't think I will purchase this again because there are many other better mascaras out there for around the same price.

Popular Mascaras