Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (All)

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I really wanted to love this because of all the hype I hear on them. I picked 2 up at Ulta when I had a 20% off coupon and got the colors Zero (Black) and Demolition (matte, deep brown) They are nice, creamy and pigmented. My problem is that they don't last at all, especially on the waterline. I'm lucky if it last 5 minutes before it starts to fade. I'm very dissapointed and will never repurchase or recommend to anybody.

on 6/24/2012 11:56:00 PM

Pros:
+Stays put all day,
+(Usually) doesn't smudge even on the waterline
+Great selection of unique, pigmented colors
+Easy to use even for beginners
+Lasts a long time even when used daily
+Multitasking product - can also be used as an eyeshadow base
+Works well for simple looks or more intricate like cateye/winged liner, etc.

Cons:
-Spendy at $19 a piece, but sometimes they come out with sets of minis that are a better deal

on 6/12/2012 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love, love, love these! They last and last, even on my oily skin. HG :)

on 6/11/2012 10:28:00 AM

While I love how easily this eyeliner goes on, it comes off just as easily.. within hours it's almost completely gone!! wtf!! Maybe it would work if I put eyeshadow on it. Pretty worthless :( I had it in Bourbon

on 5/11/2012 12:19:00 PM

For me, this eyeliner did not work. It would smear off almost instantley!

on 5/8/2012 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The only thing these liners have going for them, in my opinion, is the gorgeous and unique range of colours. But speaking from my own experience, there is nothing "24/7" about these. They smudge and they smear. Doesn't matter if I use an eye shadow primer or not; doesn't matter if I set with powder shadow or not (and I feel that anything that touts itself as "24/7" should NOT require this step). Doesn't last on my fairly normal lids and lasts even less on my waterlines. I envy those who get good wear from these but to me, they're an overpriced, over-hyped product that doesn't do what it says it does. AND you have to sharpen them (something else I HATE but am prepared to live with for a good pencil liner...like GOSH Velvet Touch liners).

on 5/7/2012 10:49:00 AM

Great colours, smooth application, long lasting, easy to use. What more do you want ?

on 4/27/2012 6:47:00 PM

When I started using these I thought they were the bee's knees but since have calmed down on them. They are a solid eye pencil; they go on fairly creamy and have decent staying power. Great color variety.

But there are better pencils out there. I think Stila's smudge sticks are quite a bit smoother and have better staying power. Even my Wet n Wild pencil eyeliner is equal to UD's in creaminess and longevity. Not a bad product, but not the best in it's class either.

on 4/25/2012 10:13:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Love love LOVE these pencils! They really do glide on and smudge like a dream (I'm a smudge girl!).The shades are nice and are quite pigmented, which allows you to use a little rather than a lot. The best part, however, is that they really seem to last and last until you use makeup remover... especially on the inner rim. I have never had an eyeliner stay put like these on the inner rim (or really anywhere on the eye), yet smudge so nicely when you want them to. A great buy--I got them in so many shades. Try to find the dual-ended liners to get a nice variety of colors!

on 4/20/2012 5:40:00 AM

In the past few years, I have probably gone through five of these pencils or so? I have always used black for my everyday looks and my looks to work-- I love the waterproof! It stays on and hardly smudges. The texture is so smooth and literally "glides" on. I wouldn't say it stays 24/7 but definitely over 8 hours without much smudge and depending on the activities. But, I'll admit it's time for me to reach for other colors

Top Rated Urban Decay Products