Clinique Different Lipstick - Angel Red

4.2

castor seed oil - candelilla wax - caprylic/capric triglyceride - cetyl acetate - isopropyl myristate - beeswax - lanolin oil - myristyl lactate - avocado oil - ozokerite - carnauba wax - acetylated lanolin alcohol - ascorbyl palmitate - tocopherol - bht - [ /-mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - carmine (ci 75470) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - orange 5 (ci 45370) - red 22 lake (ci 45380) - red 27 lake (ci 45410) - red 28 lake (ci 45410) - red 33 lake (ci 17200) - blue 1 (ci 42090) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - yellow 5 (ci 19140) - yellow 6 (ci 15985) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - yellow 6 lake (ci 15850) - red 7 lake (ci 15850) - red 30 (ci 73360) - red 36 (ci 12085)]

on 7/7/2004 11:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This has frequently been recommended as the perfect red, and while I won't say it's my HG red (does anyone ever find that?), it's definitely a good find. This is a semi-sheer, true blue-red - moisturizing but not super shiny. I love the color - perfect for my PPP skin and dark hair - but the staying power is a definite minus. It wears off so quickly, and leaves a line around the outside of my mouth, which irritates me no end. I like the sleek silver tube (which, perhaps due to the texture, doesn't get scratched in my makeup bag the way Chantecaille lipsticks do). Overall I'd say this is a fine lipstick if you want a semi-sheer, soft red - perfect for those who a bit wary of the red lip look.

on 6/12/2004 8:13:00 AM

This is the perfect red. Not too blue, not orangey. It's slick, and can be sheered to a stain. This is a repurchase, since my first one disappeared. The formulation is moisturizing, so you don't get cakieness(bleah). It does require reapplication because it's smooth and slippery, but..eh. If you're wearing red lipstick, you should be checking anyway. Love it.

on 6/1/2004 7:38:00 PM

My favorite lipstick ever. As stated previously, it's not great for the vibrant matte red ls look. That isn't the most wearable look by any means, and angel red is a much more versatile and wearable. I like to pat on a thin layer and top with a lipsmacker for when I'm going to work. It's definitely more pink than red that way, but not fuscia. With a full layer it's a soft red that doesn't scare my boyfriend away from kisses.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would consider this color more pink than red, and the moistness takes away from a true classic matte red mouth. Stick with MAC.

on 4/12/2004 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my favorite reds! A beautiful cool deep red that goes on semi-sheer and with each additional coat goes on more opaque. Basically it's choose-your-own-coverage lipstick. The best. In a pinch I use it as cheek color. The best!

OMG, this is the BEST red lipstick ever!! I have light-medium skin with dark hair and eyes. Most reds are either too orange or too fuschia on me! But this lipstick has none of those awful undertones! Just pure, straight up classy red lipstick is what you get here! I can't imagine a skin tone that this would not work on!! And I like that this is a red lipstick I can wear without looking like a hooker!!=0)

on 3/10/2004 4:14:00 PM

This is one of a few Clinque lipsticks that are holy grails for me. Angel Red is a gorgeous, versatile color.
Another mainstay is Black Honey, which I've never heard anyone not love. BTW, I just got a Clinque lipstick palette in the chicest pink chrome case. Angel Red isn't in it, but Black Honey, Mauve Crystal, Heather Moon, Pink Shimmer and Tenderheart are -- to name a few.

on 3/10/2004 3:53:00 PM

This should be marketed as the official lipstick for PPPs. I with my blank white face can pull this off and receive compliments when wearing this. Angel red is very versitile, you can go from the stained look to the queen of the nigh -look with it.
If you are a PPP and want to wear red, Angel Red is the lipstick for you.

on 3/1/2004 9:37:00 PM

This is a great blue red that seems to be more muted on my lips than in the tube. I have dark features and light skin...I am a LLL or MMM. This is not screaming "Red Lips" so I am comfortable wearing it to work. Glad I found this shade.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this is the only red that works for me, perfect for gals with pale skin and dark features

Popular Lipsticks