Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy PLUS Intensive Repair Lotion

3.5

Water; Mineral Oil; PEG-7 Hydrogenated Castor Oil; Isohexadecane; Sodium Lactate; Urea; Glycerin; Isopropyl Palmitate; Panthenol; Microcrystalline Wax; Magnesium Sulfate; Lanolin Alcohol; Bisabolol; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone

on 2/19/2008 9:09:00 PM

I'm on my second bottle of this product. This thick white lotion does feel sticky/greasy on my hands because of the mineral oil, but I think it is an excellent body moisturizer people with dry skin (best applied after baths/showers) and is great for the winter time (a bit too greasy for the summer IMHO). This product is suppossedly unscented but I think it has a weird alcoholicky smell.

This is an overall good product. I have very dry, itchy skin in the winter (I think it's actually eczema) unless I keep lotion on it. If I put this on every night, it completely gets rid of my dry, itchy, flaky problem. My only issue is that it feels *very* greasy going on. After I use it, I have to wash my hands before I do anything else. Mineral oil is the 2nd ingredient, which is why it is so greasy-feeling. I had to take off one point for this, but I would buy it again because it's very effective.

on 2/4/2008 12:15:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was looking for an unscented body moisturizer so it wouldn't clash with my fragrance, and settled on this. My skin is not super dry or sensitive, but it does need a little more moisture in the wintertime. This lotion has a bit of an odd consistency - it is a little sticky at first, but it sinks into my skin immediately so it's not much of an issue. It's not greasy but it instantly softens my skin, which is a plus. It's a tad on the expensive side (got mine for a little over $10 at Target) but hopefully it'll last me a while. I'd still recommend a separate cream or body butter for feet and elbows though, as this doesn't feel "rich" enough for heavy duty moisturizing.

PROS: Silky soft skin!
CONS: Greasy at first, reminded me of Elmer's Glue (one lippie off for these).

I tried using this as an all-over body lotion but it was so greasy that I couldn't, so I slathered it on my rough, dry feet and heels, put socks on overnight, and the next morning, my feet were silky soft and fabulous! I also use it on dry elbows, knees, etc. with the same results! Love it! Just not as a body lotion. Lol.

on 12/14/2007 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

For those who are giving it low reviews, but have combo or oily skin--well no shit! this isn't made for you! it says "very dry flaky skin" right on the bottle. You're supposed to use products appropriate to your skin type, is that difficult to comprehend?

That being said, it smells like glue, and it most definitely does NOT work as well as the creme version.

I paid $12.99 for a 16.9 oz. pump bottle from Duane Reade.

on 10/17/2007 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This lotion is a bit greasy and it has the consistency of Elmer's glue...
But besides that it works great!

on 8/20/2007 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Good moisturizing benefits. Takes a minute to sink in. It feels good everywhere on my body except my hands. My hands are dry and cracked (I train horses, clean stalls, etc and my hands are always bleeding and cracked) When I put this on my legs or arms they stay moisturized, but for some reason this disappears from my hands and doesn't seem to want to help them! Maybe my hands are a lost cause and this lotion knows that...:}

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

THIS IS MY FAVORITE BODY CARE MOISTURIZER EVER!!!!!!!!!! I have severely dry skin on my body (combination/dry on my face: I use the Almay cucumber line for the face). I love this lotion deeply moisturizes, hydrates, and heals my skin while refraining from being oily or greasy. This lotion also is very fast-absorbing too which is another big plus so it won't get stuck in your hair or your clothes. This also has mild,gentle, and effective exfoliating ingredients too. My skin is soft,smooth, and glowing thanks to this product. It really is the best body moisturizer out there for me. I've tried many. Neutrogena (good, but not quite thick enough or as fast ab-sorbing as I would have liked), Jergens (didn't sink in at all and hated the smell), Aveeno (too thin and watery, virtually ineffective for me), Curel (too runny), Lubriderm (simply did nothing), and Nivea Creme (too thick and pasty didn't sink in at all and didn't like the tub packaging, very unsanitary. This is just a bit pricier than most other drugstore skincare lines, but for this miracle product I'm more than willing to pay it. It's not that mach more expensive, you know. Also my sister has dryness and redness on both her face and body and swears by Eucerin and the occassional Aveeno product

on 5/19/2007 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I tried the lotion in the hope that the AHA would help with ingrown hairs on my legs. It is super thick and doesn't spread very easily. Usually, two pumps are plenty for one leg, but I needed 4 or 5 of this. Plus, it had this sticky quality that was really unappealing. It sat on top of my skin and just felt sticky. It was moisturizing, and did good things for my heels, but that;s about it. Honestly, I can't even say whether this worked to prevent ingrowns, becuase It was too unpleasant to use every day, and I just gave up on it.

on 4/30/2007 12:46:00 PM

This is a good product for those with dry, cracked skin. My dad uses this on his face and hands every day, and when I was visiting my parents this weekend, I used it on my hands. Since moving to Arizona, my hands have been very dry, unless I saturate in lotions and creams all day long. If I forget to apply lotion after a hand washing, oh boy.. But this stuff kept my hands smooth and turned them back to normal! It contains AHA's, so I wouldn't use it throughout the day, but just at night before bed. It's not that thick to me (as I'm used to using creams and butters), and it spreads quite easily in my opinion. It does make your hands super shiny (like you've applied baby oil), but it isn't as greasy. It takes about ten minutes to fully sink in, but it's very worth the effects! Has no scent either. Overall, a good lotion to have in the house.