Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - In Control Curious

3.9

on 3/2/2007 3:02:00 PM

First let me say I loved this fragrance, but it just didn't hold out long enough for me. It faded far too quickly, and, even anchoring it with my own sandalwood oil, still didn't last. A shame, too, as it's beautiful at first spray. The sandalwood & vanilla are really great together, but it seems as though there isn't enough of them to anchor the base to your body. I didn't like the atomizer, either, as I found it too clumsy to spray on. If it was repackaged and revamped to be a bit stronger, though, I would definitely repurchase.

on 2/20/2007 10:06:00 PM

I am 30 years old and a mother of two, so I don't know that I fit the age range this is targeted at, but it is possitively my favorite fragrance. It drives my husband crazy too, and thats a nice plus. It's not too sweet, and it's not too perfumy. It's powdery on me, which is weird cause I normally don't care for powdery scents. The packaging SUCKS though. It comes with an atomizer bulb. If you leave it on, the cording on the bulb sucks up the perfume and it evaporates. There is no normal sprayer for it. It's a pain for sure. I'd take off more than one lippy for the packaging, but the scent is just so nice that I can't.
UPDATE: This is just such a sexy perfume! To me it's a winter fragrance though, and that makes me sad because I love it so much. I did want to add that I have NO problem with lasting power. stays on fine for me. Another plus is I found on gordmans clearance for $10, big bottle!

on 2/19/2007 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Very warm,yummy innocent and inoffensive fragrance. I do not like Ms. Spears,but I like this fragrance-very,very much.

on 2/12/2007 11:51:00 AM

I hated Curious, liked Fantasy and really like In Control! I almost bought a bottle of Fantasy but I'm glad I got this instead. Fantasy is very sweet and fruity. I had a couple samples and liked it but couldn't see myself wearing it a lot. In Control is a similar sweet, fruity scent but more mellow and not so "obvious". I scored the large bottle with cute atomizer for about $20 at TJ Maxx.

on 1/26/2007 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I just purchased a large bottle of this from a Flea Market (classy huh? lol) and I am very satisfied. I paid under $40 for a large bottle, it smells to me like a mix of Fantasy and Curious, with a much heavier emphasis on Fantasy. I think it's a sweet/musky scent, a bit hard to determine the notes themselves, but that's ok by me.
Also this isn't cheesy nor "little girlish" at all. It's for a woman, one with a fun, flirty, bold personality.
Overall, if you love Fantasy, or are looking for a slightly lighter version (I owned Fantasy once, and while I got compliments, it was a little too much for me) then give this a shot!
Edit: I read through some of the reviews after posting my own, and I have to say that while everyone's nose is different, Hollywood Pink and In Control smell NOTHING alike in my opinion. From Hollywood Pink all I get is a dry, dusty, musty attic, and maybe a touch of miguet, while In Control is a undeniably (as most reviews show) sweet/sugary scent. The only thing I can connect is perhaps musk note? But otherwise these are totally different Hollywood Pink is horrid. Another Edit: This smells very sugary, I love it, but it disappears almost immediately after being sprayed. I don't get it :(. continued >>

on 1/24/2007 11:38:00 PM

i dont care for her frgarances at all but this one smells relly nic.. im off to buy a bottle next weekend.

on 1/20/2007 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love the smell of this, the scent lasts. But the sprayer broke on me after only a few sprits, so I had to put a cheap plastic prayer on it. Other than that I love it and would buy again.

on 1/10/2007 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this scent. I also own Curious & Fantasy. This is another sweet smelling scent. This isn't quite foody or gourmand, but it isn't a fruity sweet scent, which I love, love about it. The notes:
Loquat Fruit, Midnight Orchid, Creme Brulee, Black Vanilla Bean, Tonka Crystals, Sugared Sandalwood, Signature Musk.
It's a very yummy fragrance and lasts well. If you get an etailer dupe in a lotion or body butter, it would last even longer. And my SO likes it too. A major plus! He usually goes for florals.

This is, imo, Britney's best fragrance.It smells amazing!!Like vanilla & sugar (must be the creme brulee note) with a touch of something else I can't quite place.Brit's perfumes are a hit-or-miss, imo.I find Curious to be revolting & headache inducing, Fantasy is really nice, & her new Midnight Fantasy is just a higher-end version of VS Love Spell in a gorgeous bottle.But In Control, despite the cheesy name, is awesome!If you're a foody scent lover like me, you must try this!

on 12/19/2006 1:51:00 AM

I love this perfume! I laughed at the concept of anyone wearing a 'Britney' perfume BUT I decided to try this as it was sitting next to another perfume I was trying in a store. I fell in love! It smells gorgeous - so sweet and sensual. I couldn't stop smelling my wrist for the rest of the day. I have the 100ml of this and I'm certain I'll be back for more soon. 10/10 Loving it better that my Chanel No 5, Yvress and Prada - and that is saying something!

Popular Fragrances