Eve Lom Cleanser

3.5

Mineral Oil, Peg-30 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Aluminum Stearate, Cocoa Seed Butter, Peg-75 Lanolin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Clove Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Hops Cone Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 8/11/2012 6:35:00 AM

As you would have gathered from the other reviews this is a very greasy heavy feeling cleanser that is hideously over priced... however I went against every bit of sensibility I have and purchased it!

I had to see what the hype was about and I can say I am very pleased with the results. This feels a bit like a luxury spa item to use because of the smell but it is quite strong and might not be for everyone. On the upside I have cut about 4 other products out of my night cleansing routine because of this product which has made getting my face clean at night alot quicker (yes... even with the whole muslin cloth process!)

This is quite drying on my skin and despite what Eve lom claims I still need to use a serum and moisturiser at night. But this cleans like nothing I have ever used before! If you are after a really DEEP cleanser this will do it! I found I started to get breakouts after a few days of use and this lasted about a week, not bad breakouts but it seemed to be drawing out alot of impurities and crud which had been just under the surface of the skin for a while. The breakouts lasted about a week.

I have been using this for about 2 months and my skin is so glowing and smooth. It has:
Removed blackheads
unclogged and refined pores
Been very deep cleaning but still gentle
Helped with oil balance on my face

the biggest down side to this is the price!!! but I can't argue with the results and my skin has seriously never looked better. Having said that I am not sure this cleanser would work for everyone? I would recommend getting a sample if possible first! ( I got a sample from Mecca in Australia) I personally love this product and if you are serious about your skin I would at least recommend you give it a try.

on 7/31/2012 5:31:00 PM

I was excited to try this cleanser since its hard to get your hands on in the NW. I used it with the special muslin cloth specifically designed to enhance this cleanser's effectiveness. Usually after cleansing my face, my skin feels tight and dry--in need of moisturizing. This wasn't the case. My skin felt hydrated afterwards and hardly taut. The price may make you weary at first, but may be justified when you read this product tones and hydrates your skin all in one cleansing. No need to buy a separate toner or to exfoliate after using this system. I really like it overall yet I'm on the fence if I would buy it at full retail.. :/

on 7/31/2012 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this cleanser, but it took a while! I persevered because of how much I paid. After two months of use, my skin is in pretty good shape. I still have blocked pores and the occasional blemish, but my over tone has greatly improved. If you have the spare cash, go for it, but I wouldn't say it's a must purchase, I think there are similar products for a nicer price. Antipodes grapeseed butter cleanser is just as good and half the price (New Zealand product)

on 7/24/2012 7:55:00 PM

Repeating the words of vogue, this is probably the best cleanser ever!

on 6/19/2012 1:00:00 AM

An amazing cleanser that doesn't leave the skin tight. Melts away every last bit of makeup in whatever form it may appear. Creams, powders, gels, waterproof colors, all gone with one application. Feels extremely luxurious and the process is calming and almost spa-like. I would highly recommend the product not only for the quality, but also for the experience and result. It has significantly changed the texture of my skin for the better. I have a noticeable reduction in pores and overall my skin looks more supple, softer and smoother.

on 6/16/2012 6:27:00 PM

Had really high hopes for this cleanser after hearing so many people raving about how amazing it is......how wrong I was!!! I used this for two weeks int he hope that it would actually make my skin better - it made it worse and worse! (so glad I only shelled out for the smallest tub!) I switched to Dermalogica after this and that has made a big improvement to my skin.

Probably one of the best cleansers for sensitive/combination, normal or dry skin. I guess that it might be too emollient for oily or acne prone skin.

After switching to another brand recently, I can really see the difference in how my skin reacts to Eve Lom, which is to say flawlessly.

It smells of essential oils and it is a bit time consuming, but beauty never did favor the lazy. :)

I will probably be a lifelong Eve Lom user.

on 4/9/2012 11:37:00 PM

I do not give a skincare product HG status until I finish it and find that I want to repurchase because I simply can't be without it, which is rare. So far only this cleanser and Exuviance Vespera Bionic Serum have become my HG's. I first tried this product under the recommendation of a friend. Before this, I've switched from one cleanser to another before finishing them because they all either made my skin feel tight due to dryness or caused some kind of problem. The first time I used this cleanser I was surprised at how good my skin felt after. I thought, like a lot of other products, it might stop working so well after a few times, but that never happened. I actually enjoy washing my face with this cleanser. I don't use the muslim cloth often, because washing with it makes my skin feel dryer. I bought the 50ml tub to try it out before shelling out so much money. I am at the end of the tub and will repurchase once it's finished. Gotta say, I hate, hate, hate the price of this product, but it is the best cleanser I've tried so far so what can I do.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

This is much like a tub of paraffin with cinnamon in it. I'm pretty sure that if you shelled out $50 for the same, you'd have to "swear by" that too... and it probably would work, for the same reason that Eve Lom's works.

Yes I am using it correctly - had a private appointment with Eve Lom herself to make sure I was! She did do me the favour of talking me out of using creams on my face at all, including hers, because they were blocking my pores and my skin couldn't breathe. So using almost nothing has been a huge improvement.

This tub however - is not necessary and is not going to save you... if you want something equally heavy and balm-like, Lush' Ultrabland is at least as good in every way, and just happens to be far cheaper. But I'm pretty sure that everyone would be better off with Herbfarmacy's gorgeous, soft and natural cleansing mousse (not yet reviewed on MUA).

Don't fall for the Lom hype!

on 3/22/2012 2:27:00 AM

I was freaked out by the negative reviews I saw on here, especially as I have very sensitive skin and have had disastrous results in the past (redness, rashes, irritation) with products that have turned out to be both insanely overhyped and overpriced.. BUT, I'm very relieved to say, this cleanser has worked fantastically for me (I've been using it for about 8 weeks now). My skin has never felt so soft and clean and I now use about half of the moisturiser that I used to. Lots of reviews say that the cleansing routine is time-consuming, but I don't really agree (and I'm super lazy haha). Normally I spend ages getting all my makeup (especially eyemakeup) when I'm washing my face before bed, but this stuff just melts it right off. My skin feels sooo spotless and squeaky clean afterwards. I would have to say my favourite thing about the eve lom is that I've been able to eliminate facial scrubs/exfoliating from my routine, and this is from someone who has been plagued by a stubborn, flaky tx-zone since puberty. My skin is just so manageable now...I don't even have to think about it. All in all, I'm relieved and happy I finally tried this product.

Another thing I noticed in the reviews on here is people saying they broke out after the first few days of using this, followed by their skin subsequently clearing up, which is apparently how the cleanser 'works'...this didn't happen to me, and I probably wouldn't have been too keen if the SA had mentioned it. One last thing I have to mention is the muslin cloths - I have been waaaay too time and money poor to waste dollars on these (I lost mine only a few weeks after buying the cleanser). I personally find the routine works exactly the same and is just as effective l with a good quality, texturised face washer/cloth.

Although I love Eve Lom and everything's it's doing for my skin, it is VERY expensive...especially when you consider the list of ingredients. For this reason, I may investigate similar, cheaper cleansers when my current tub starts to run out.

Sooooooooo to summarise, I love the results I got with this stuff, but taking into account the absurd, unjustifiable high price tag, I can't bring myself to give it 5/5.