Philosophy The Oxygen Peel

3.4

on 6/18/2006 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this peel. It comes with 10 capsules (though you can make plenty by using half a capsule or less each time), a 2 oz. cream to mix it with (the same thing as their On a Clear Day H202) and a little container to mix the two. The capsule makes a fairly lumpy gel when combined with water, which is applied directly to the face. Over that Step II is applied, instantly creating a rich foam that looks and feels exactly like shaving cream. After a few minutes you use the spatula to scrape it off (or a razor if you're feeling more brave, but the instructions warn that if you have blemish-prone skin that could create an epic breakout, and who wants to take a razor to their entire face anyway?) revealing skin that feels very refreshed and looks beautiful. Especially great if you're skin is too sensitive to for the Microdelivery Peel or other microdermabrasion treatments.
UPDATE 2/16/08: I'm knocking the rating down 2 lippies because after finishing the kit, I find this unremarkable compared to other oxygenating masks, like Peter Thomas Roth's version which makes a noticeable difference in my skin. Also, after less than a year either the capsules or cream expired and it stopped foaming when I applied it. continued >>

on 6/8/2006 2:37:00 AM

Terrific product. Caused no irritation on my sensitive, acne-changing to combo skin. Liked the immediate results: clean, smooth, glowing skin. Appreciated the previous suggestion regarding using half the capsule. Was more than enough to cover my face, neck, and part of my chest. Used hot tap water and found it dissolved capsule contents effectively.

on 6/4/2006 12:17:00 PM

This product did nothing for me. I have used up all of it and can tell no difference.

on 6/3/2006 8:39:00 PM

I bought this for my brother's girlfriend as the other half of her holiday present (see my other Philosophy review). She used a few times but, stopped using it when it caused some irritation. It was fine the first time it was applied to her (by a Philosophy employee in the spa area of Nordstrom). The Philosophy woman applied it to the back of my hand after applying it to my brother's gf's face. She said it was going to tingle. No, it STUNG!!! My hand was BRIGHT red and peeled for days. It caused these little bloody cuts as well. More power to you if you can use the peel on your face. I can't imagine what it would do to my face based on the experience with my hand.

on 5/31/2006 4:10:00 AM

I tried this peel once. Saw no noticable differences in my face. Pores looked exactly the same as before and my skin didn't even get the super soft feel I get after peels like these. Granted I used this only once...but I guess I was hoping to get immediate results. The description totally made it sound like it did. I'm going to try this out for a few more weeks and see if I see any improvements; otherwise, it's going back to Sephora. **UPDATE** I demoted this from 2 lippies to 1. This stuff does NOTHING for my skin. What's the poing of putting this stuff on if my skin looks exactly like it does before? If you want a good peel, get Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel. I actually saw some results from that (though I think there are much cheaper ones that do the same job).

on 5/14/2006 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used this product on and off for a couple of years, and every time I use it, I am surprised at what a "boost" my skin seems to get right afterwards. Little spots seem less noticeable, pores are less clogged, and my face overall seems fresher, without feeling harshly exfoliated. I do leave the enzyme/foam combo on my face for as long as I can stand the dripping, then spatula it off with the included plastic spatula. Results are noticeable. Definately not as harsh as a peel using AHAs, but seems to get the same results.

on 4/20/2006 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this product once a week and I love it. It makes my skin soft and fresh looking.

on 4/10/2006 4:55:00 AM

I love this peel. It has improved my skin tone a lot. I am actually impressed with philosophy skincare. I love both this and then Vit C peel.
will buy again

on 4/5/2006 10:20:00 PM

I LOVE this product!!! I use it faithfully every week and my skin is clearer now than before I used it (which is saying something)...I use only half a capsule at a time also, which is more than enough for your whole face, but I also use it on the back of my hands, helps keep them younger looking. Will not stop using this product!!

on 4/3/2006 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

An absolute, unqualified rave for this peel. I have extremely fair (MAC NC or NW 15, depends on the season), sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin that has suddenly decided to be very fussy by producing painful cysts and bumps in places I've never had painful cysts and bumps. Anyhow. I rushed out to buy this peel after reading MUA-ers' rave reviews. The peel didn't disappoint. I've only used it twice, but I'm looking forward to enhancing the glow it's already given me. I'm also hoping it will fade some of my old acne scars and encourage my congested skin to breathe a bit easier. I'll report back after I finish the box. Thank you to the reviewers who suggested that 1/2 a capsule is enough for one facial peel. (It is.) Now I'll get 20 treatments instead of 10! $45 seems like a lot, but a single spa treatment would cost so much more.

Popular Treatments (Face)