Clarins UV PLUS Protective Day Screen SPF 40 [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Active: Titanium Dioxide 8.1%; Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Corn Starch Modified, Alcohol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, PEG/PPG-20/15 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Maltodextrin Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-4, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Lapsana Communis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Butyl Phenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool

on 2/23/2009 6:09:00 PM

Have been using this for about 5 years. I actually like the luminous look from this when it is first applied as it seems to even the complexion but that look doesn't last long. It would seem a little expensive when you simply look at the size of it but you only need a little as it spreads very easily and thinly and just seems to soak into the skin after a while. Perfect size for travelling. The protection is fantastic and reliable. I use this everyday and it lasts 3-4 months. Unfortunatley can't be purchased in Australia (due to higher than permitted levels of titanium dioxide) but is available in New Zealand. When we lived in Australia my husband would get me 1 or 2 bottles on his business trips to NZ - not always available duty free so best to go to a department store.

on 2/23/2009 12:59:00 PM

I have quite oily, sensitive skin and this is about the only sunscreen i have tried so far that doesn't irritate or leave my face shiny and greasy.

on 2/13/2009 2:15:00 PM

Very nice. Its texture is very light, almost like an oil (rather than a cream). However, once you rub it in, it is no longer oily.

on 2/2/2009 4:33:00 AM

This is the best sunscreen Ive ever used on my face, hands down.
I love the smell, its like marshmallows! It is milky and oily when first applied but it sinks in and feels perfect all day.

Ive bought 2 bottles and am on my way to the 3rd. It is very expensive though!

on 12/16/2008 8:40:00 PM

i would give it 5 lippies if not for the scent and the price. i like it because this leaves the least white cast on my face comparing to other ALL physical sunscreen. it's waterproof but not difficult to remove.
i m also amazed at how Clarins can make SPF40 with 8.1% Titanium Dioxide...pretty cool

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I LOVE THIS!!! After being fed up with all of the high SPF sunscreens, I went into Sephora and asked for the best sunscreen for the face. They quickly grabbed the UV PLUS SPF 40. That was over 5 years ago, and I'm still in love with it! It goes on very lightweight and oil free. This is a great chemical free SPF for sensitive skin!

on 11/15/2008 3:08:00 AM

Initially, this went on nicely in the morning and makes the skin look more awake. However, it seems to contribute to the oil on my face and clogs it after a few days of using. Thankfully, it was only a sample and not the full product! Wont buy it again. Clarins products do not seem to suit me.

on 11/7/2008 7:23:00 AM

I use this for several years and it is the best of all sun protections I have tried. I use it after my moisturizer and before foundation. It's very lightweight and not greasy. You need only a little product I would therefore say the price is okay.

on 10/15/2008 4:07:00 PM

I've been using this product over 3 years now. This is one of the greatest sun block amongst Shiseido. Too bad they dont sell over SPF30 here in Australia so I usually get it whenever I go overseas. I agree with the reviewer below me, This is not even close to oily. (give it about 10 mins and it sinks..) I will def buy this again!!

on 9/14/2008 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great sun protection fluid and easy to apply.
The only drawback is that it's too drying for the delicate under eye area, so I'm using Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase first for the under eye area, and then put some Clarins Sun Wrinkle Control Eye Contour Care SPF 30 (now this stuff is a pure magic! it acts like more than just SPF - it brightens up the under eye area). Then follow with the make-up.
This SPF 40 fluid is the lightest thing I found to put under the make-up. I love it.

Top Rated Clarins Products