Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Advanced Time Complex Capsules

4.1

Ingredients from packaging: CYCLOMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, SQUALENE, ISOSTEARIC ACID, SPHINGOLIPIDS, CERAMIDE 6, RETINYL LINOLEATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHEROL, BORAGE SEED OIL, HEXADECANOLIDE.

on 2/28/2005 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

At first it kind of scared me because it was so greasy but soon dried to a velvety feel and made me skin glow. The only thing I didnt like is that iy kind of made my skin burn but soon that feeling went away. It actually reminds me of a higher price Oily of Olay Regenerist Serum,I will probably stick to the cheaper of the 2 but it was a nice find.

on 1/27/2005 12:38:00 AM

I loved the way these made my skin feel--soft and smooth. It is like a dry oil but not greasy, sort of silky feeling.
The packaging is a gimmick. Take a look at one capsule and think for a minute about what it resembles ;-)
->>> (|) <<<- sort of like that, if you haven't seen one, with a little round bulb at one end, in a lovely pink shade.
Twist the little bulb off and out squirts this nice soft silky liquid. Sorry, but this is exactly how they think in the business. They know their psychology.
Trust me, this is very deliberate. I am not making this up, it is a subliminal message to your subconcious that they use to make you like the product at a sub-consious level. Your sub-concious most certainly DOES know exactly what these little capsules look like, and it LIKES it, being sort of primitive and base. I work in advertising and I KNOW. So aside from this, I think the product is OK but overpriced. I would buy it again if I felt like spending a bit too much on some gimmicky packaging because the product is pretty nice.

on 12/30/2004 11:12:00 PM

In the past year my skin has gotten really dry and as a result I've been clueless about what to do. My mom urged me to try these and I was skeptical at first of putting anything this oily on my skin for fear of breaking out. But I tried it and sure enough these capsules have made a huge difference. I use one (yes, a whole one) every night and once it has sunk in (a minute or two) I put my regular moisturizer on over it. I've stopped getting the peelies and my face no longer feels as tight. And - no breakouts. Will not go without this stuff.

on 7/29/2004 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I must preface this review to say that i didnt try this on my face. I gave some to a girlfriend who never breaks out with perfect skin that is slightly dry. Broke her out like crazy. I decided to try this on my neck and decollete. I love the idea of the little capsules, although it took several twists to open it. this is the consistency of baby oil. I was so greasy at first, i even left oily grease fingerprints all over the counter! After 15 minutes, the product dried down and felt nice. I cant say whether this had any long term effects cause i only tried it once. I would never put this on my face since the baby oil type consistency would break out my acne prone oily skin.

on 7/5/2004 6:11:00 PM

I do like this product though I hate the packaging as too bulky and fussy, especially for travel. Couldn't they just put it in a bottle? I have found that it keeps lines at bay and doesn't seem to make my sensitive skin break out. A little on the pricy side so I stretch each capsule's use as long as I can.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I would just like to point out for all those who I keep hearing say that you can use one capsule more than once, that you CAN'T. These capsules are 100% preservative free, thats why they are in gelatin capsules, that why they tell you to use them within 15 minutes of opening. And FYI they ARE oil free as well.

on 6/6/2004 9:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received a pkg. in a swap. These are really great on my dry skin. It feels oily at first but sinks right in. I usually wait about 5 minutes and then add my night time moisturizer. I like the fact that they come in little capsules.

on 4/19/2004 2:17:00 AM

I must be in the minority here because I used one for the first time tonight & it made my face burn. I was shocked as the ingredient list appeared harmless.
I do agree w/the others that it goes on quite oily but sinks in quickly. I'm a PPP with normal skin. I also bought their Ceramide Skin Brightener so am curious if that will burn as well.
In either event this is going back to EA tomorrow.

on 4/9/2004 5:34:00 AM

I find it a bit greasy & smells weird!

on 3/30/2004 3:44:00 PM

This is a great skincare! Eye Ceramide Capsules are great, too.

Popular Treatments (Face)