Bare Escentuals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

3.3

-Titanium Dioxide (11): Sunscreen.-Vitamin C: This skin-brightening superpower is known to fade existing dark spots and discolorations for more even-toned skin.Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coconut Alkanes, Silica, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Lecithin, Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Esters, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soil Minerals/Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Leaf Cell Culture Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Lilac Plant Stem Cells.

on 12/29/2014 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation because it works perfectly on my sensitive dry skin. I have to say that I haven't buy the brush because i really think that with it you waste so much product.
I always apply with my hands, as a serum or moisturiser and with two drops i have enough for my entire face. First you could notice a weird look but when the foundation finally sits on the skin is like you were wearing nothing. Feels so light and confortable that I'm sure I will repurchase.
This is not a silicone-base foundation so it is not going to blur any rough texture of the skin. I guess you would love this if you want a very light texture tinted moisturiser that is going to unify naturally your skintone.

on 12/27/2014 6:52:00 PM

This product is very chalky looking. Even with a good setting powder it seems to move on me. When building coverage this product just makes even more of a chalky look. The color is a perfect match though.

on 12/26/2014 1:52:00 PM

For someone who doesn't use foundation that often because it's usually too thick or makes my skin look weird, this serum is really great.

It's extremely liquid, so like everyone else said, be careful. I just put a few drops onto the brush and blend it in to my skin and it creates a flawless finish. If you don't set it with powder, it looks dewey under light, so I would make sure to set it.

Definitely a must-have for people who want a somewhat lightweight foundation- but make sure you get the brush!!

on 12/26/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have never tried any BE products before and this is the first product from the line I got my hands on. I saw rave reviews on how well it matches yellow/neutral skin tones and it did. I am an NC25 and 04 Bare Ivory matched me PERFECTLY and I am never "Ivory" in anything. For those who are NC25, you know how difficult it is to find a foundation that matches our NC25 skin - it's either too yellow, too orange, too pink, etc. I am glad I finally found a foundation that is a perfect match.

The foundation is extremely liquidy so be careful when you open the cap and tip it upside down. The consistency is very blendable - think L'oreal Liquid to Powder foundation but even slightly thinner. The finish isn't powdery or matte - just skin like. You really don't need much with this foundation because a few drops can blend and cover your entire face. I didn't buy that brush it's recommended to be used with but I find a flat/round top kabuki can get the job done.

Overall, I think this foundation will be ideal for those with normal to dry skin especially for winter. It is quite hydrating and looks extremely natural (unless you powder). I was surprised by the coverage and longevity this foundation offers. The coverage isn't mind blowing but it's supposed to be skin like. If you're looking for "full coverage" flawless, you will probably disappointed but if you're looking for a "natural" flawless coverage, you will love this. The one down side to this foundation is the smell. I cannot stand the smell..it smells like oil which is strange since it is an oil free foundation.

on 12/22/2014 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The bare minerals bareSKIN is the only foundation that I will use. I have fairly oily skin, and it seems to conceal well. I also have severe acne scars practically covering my cheeks. This foundation covers them all! The coverage when fist applying is all right, but it is very buildable. I am able to build it up to practically full coverage. I must also add in that I love the way this foundation feels on my skin. It feels like there is literally nothing there at all, it is very light.

I purchased the brush along with the foundation, and I believe that it makes a difference. The application is quick and easy. The brush keeps the foundation streak free. It sets more like a powder, but I do use a setting powder to seal it in as well.

The only negative aspect of this product is the way that it is packaged, which can be annoying at times. Before unscrewing the cap for use, you must shake the product. Some of the product leaks out of the top. When you take off the cap you can see tons of product that had leaked out the top.

on 12/12/2014 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Background: I have sensitive/combo skin with all the kinds of acne possible and have been a Revlon foundation die hard for years because I am super picky and have always been let down by most makeup out there.
So an ad for this stuff caught my attention and I looked it up. The description for this foundation seemed too good and was intrigued enough to go to Sephora and have a saleswoman wipe off my makeup IN PUBLIC, and put this bare skin foundation on. At first I didn't care for it much, but I bought it anyways looking for something to help my crappy skin.
It feels really nice going on, like it's turning into powder as it blends out. I dont use the brush, it's very unnecessary. Fingers work better IMO. For the first two weeks of wearing this my skin became super dried out, flaky and actually kind of a mess. But I switched up my routine determined to let this foundation do its thing. I started exfoliating twice a day, and used a heavy night cream day and night. And a primer to help seal in some moisture. After a week I could see my skin tone changing, I had no new zits or pimples and my millions of red scars were lightening! Now I'm in my third week and have gone back to using regular moisturizer during the day and don't have any more flaking. My skin has become way more even and less oily! I wish I had taken a before picture, it's night and day. I can actually hope for a day when I won't need to wear foundation anymore. Today was the first day I didn't put concealer on!
So it's a bit of a trial to start for anyone with oily/combo skin, but it totally worked for me in evening out my skin tone.
Oh, and set it with powder! And maybe spray with a makeup setting spray (glycerin and water). I didn't get around to doing that yet.

on 12/9/2014 2:41:00 PM

Love this! VERY natural look and doesn't make me break out. The brush that goes with it is perfect and gives even coverage. I would definitely buy again!

on 12/3/2014 5:46:00 PM

Let me explain my rating, as a product I would give this 4/5 it gives great cover and last well. The issue is sadly me, I am 44 and for the most part the other side of breakouts except when using this product, I think it is probably the serum aspect of this foundation, and whilst it goes on great & stays the next day 3 times now I have broken out into angry & sore spots. So I sadly had to admit defeat and take it back and swap for another product, so like I said "I" genuinely like this product, my skin on the other hand reacted with a major temper tantrum too many times...

on 11/26/2014 1:36:00 AM

I bought this foundation after the girl at Sephora recommended it to me when I was in the market for a new foundation. I purchased color Shell 2, a fair neutral shade. I did purchase the special "reservoir" brush to go along with it, cuz I tried a few other applications and the texture is just very runny for my other brushes. I loved the coverage--2-3 drops really will cover my entire face! But its not moisturizing in the least. I get dry flaky patches on my cheeks this time of year, and even with a facial oil, moisturizer, and primer, this foundation still settles into the dry patches on my face. But I'll most likely repurchase, its just probly gonna be a better fit for my summer skin. PS not a fan of the packaging. It makes quite a mess when you toss it in your makeup bag. When you go to open it later, the air bubbles inside make it ooze out all up inside the lid. :(

on 11/22/2014 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A friend recommended this to me (saspants) and her advice was exactly what I needed. I purchased (online) Bare Linen 3 which is a neutral light shade. Her advice to me was shake, extremely well, and shake between applying drops to the brush. It takes 4 drops to give me the coverage I want, and I apply 2 drops to my Sonia Kashuk flat top foundation brush, then once more. Downside on the shakey-shake, sometimes the mixing ball obscures the dropper opening. Now I give it a couple firm taps on the bottom to settle the ball. Yeah, I think it's worth it. The finish is beautiful, soft and velvety, and lasts all day on my skin and doesn't age me. Best of all, it is weightless, and covers my pores. While I am not a big fan of many of BE's products, I am of this one! I would recommend this if you are not very dry, or very oily,

Video Reviews & Tutorials