Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance

4.1

(Aqua), Hydrogenated Didecene, Glycerin, Pvp, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Mica (Ci 77019), Cetyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol Isostearate, Glyceryl Isostearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Caprylyl Glycol, Oleth-25, Ceteth-25

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been searching for the best foundation primer for years. I've tried: Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer, NARS Pro-Prime, Hourglass Veil Primer, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, and many more. I'm not really acne prone, but I do find that if anything is going to break me out - it's going to be primer. Hourglass and Smashbox were especially responsible for this. Not huge, noticeable breakouts, but over time, I got little tiny bumps and less radiant skin.

I'm finishing my second tube of Laura Mercier Radiance. I've had no skin issues from it, no clogging, nothing. I have pretty normal skin, a little dry in the dead of winter. I do like my finished face make up to have a natural glow to it - not greasy or shiny, but not fully matte. (IE: I don't get crazy blotting my forehead in the middle of the day).

My routine: skincare (cleanse, tone, eye cream, drop of face oil, moisturizer), let my skin care sink in for 5-10 minutes, apply a dime sized amount of the Radiance Primer, let the primer sink in for 2-5 minutes, and apply my foundation. The primer on its own shows up on my face as a sheer, natural rose gold flush. It is not shimmery or glittery on me - more like that perfect natural glow. While my skin tone is tan, I have seen my pale friends use it with a beautiful result. However, I can imagine that oily skin or anyone that loves the ultra matte look may have an issue with Radiance.

It makes it easy for my foundation to glide on easily and I do notice better and longer wear of my foundation. Interesting, as I hated the original Laura Mercier Primer.

The price point is much more reasonable compared to other primers. I believe 32 dollars for 1.7 oz (NARS Pro Prime is 32 dollars for 1 oz, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer is 36 dollars for 1 oz)

I think I'll most likely continue re-purchasing... however, I have heard good things about Sunday Riley's Primer, so I might just have to try out a few samples.

on 9/2/2012 8:01:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE this primer. Wasn't too sure about the "shimmer" effect at first because I have combo skin. I used a foundation brush to apply a light coat, then LM TM on top. Really helps the Tinted Moisturizer stay put. Doesn't feel heavy or clog pores. Gives a radiant glow :) Only complaint would be the lid doesn't meet the tube as well as it could.

on 9/1/2012 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this primer for quite a while, I love it and it really helps my foundation stay on all day and makes my skin smoother and less cakey with makeup. However, I really cannot stand the smell of it which is the only downside.

on 8/29/2012 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A HG primer for me! I have good, normal skin, but still feel this makes huge a difference. My makeup will stay fresh and dewy (in a nice way, not greasy) from morning 'til night despite humidity, heat etc.
The look it gives my bare skin is just lovely, makes me look more awake and youthful every time. Since it is a bit pricey, I often mix it 50/50 with my daily moisturizer and then apply - and it still performs perfectly.

on 8/26/2012 1:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am a big fan of this stuff. If you're in the market for a primer, make sure to get the foundation primer "radiance" by laura mercier, not the regular foundation primer. This has a natural glow and I can wear this alone without foundation (in the summer at least) because it evens out my skin that much. I had been using Mac's prep+prime for a little while and then I got this primer in a sample tube, and had to make the switch. I use this primer, Revlon's photoready foundation, and laura mercier's invisible loose setting powder for work and my face looks fresh all day.

on 7/22/2012 10:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a beautiful product. I got a good-sized sample tube from Sephora, and I plan to purchase the full-size as soon as I use it up.

I only use this in the winter, when my skin isn't too oily. I like the way it makes my skin glow as if "from within". It does a great job of counteracting dullness on my 40+ skin.

I use this under Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation. I haven't tried it under any other foundations. But I think it would be great for anyone who wants to add radiance to their complexion. The product is aptly named.

Oh, and it does a great job of keeping my makeup on all day!

on 7/18/2012 6:35:00 PM

LOVE this product! After using Smashbox's primer for several years now, I feel like I have been missing out all this time. It is super hydrating and has the prettiest glimmer to it which makes your skin look illuminated. It's even better used in the spring and sumer time, to give you that extra glow. Totally recommend this primer!

on 7/12/2012 11:59:00 PM

My HG primer. This primer really sets the skin and makes me look awake. It works well with both tinted moisturizers and cream foundations. It has a smooth, hydrating feel and not sticky or pasty like other primers I've used. It looses a lippie for being so expensive for something that goes under makeup.

on 6/19/2012 2:18:00 PM

This is my favorite primer. It works well as a primer. It does not cause break outs. My skin is pretty good so I use it alone and just use concealer in strategic places. It looks like my skin glows from within.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After using this primer I could NOT find a pore on my face! It was that perfecting. I have clear skin thanks to Accutane at one point and Retin A now but I am of Greek heritage and those pores come LARGE. This even shrunk the one I have had for 30 years, kind of an ice pick scar from a pimple dibalacle in my teens, yes I squeezed and unless I spend a lot of money at a derm it is with me, but this made it less than 1/3 the size.
The radicance is nice, I just hope it is not accentuating the little wrinkles I have hear and there. I will have to update. But if you are young, have large pores, GO GET THIS.