RCMA Color Process Foundation

4.3

Ingredients: IPM (Isopropyl Myristate), Castor Oil, Carnauba, Candelilla, Ozokerite, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, propyl Paraben, BHT. May Contain: D&C Red #6, D&C Red #7, D&C Red #27, Cos.Green, Cos. Blue.

on 2/9/2005 12:06:00 AM

I finally found something that matches my skintone! I always have problems finding something that is light but doesn't make me look like a ghost. I end up using something that looks way too dark. I decided to try RCMA Shinto 1 and it looks great. It covers really well and leaves a porcelain-like finish after I use powder. I've been using Illuminare for years because my skin is super sensitive and I'm always afraid of breakouts. I'm not sure what the ingredients are in the RCMA, but surprisingly it has never broken me out and I've been using it for 2 months.

After hearing about this product from you guys, I decided to buy it from themakeupartist.com At first, I hated this foundation! It appeared to have a thick and granular texture, feel heavy, and look and feel like a waxy mask! However, after learning some techniques on how to apply this, I've found that this foundation is definetely worth it once you learn how to apply it right! First, you nead to warm the product up. I wet my fingertips with warm water to thin the product out and make the consistency smoother. A LITTLE GOES A VERY LONG WAY! DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTSAKE I DID AND APPLY HEAVILY! One swipe of your fingers in the creme is enough for half of your face! Otherwise, this will seem to thicken up and look fake. RCMA has 50% pigmentation, one of the highest levels on the market that I have seen so far...I usually just apply this on my cheeks, and a little wipe of it on my chin and nose sometimes, otherwise I look a little TOO perfect and I look like a porcelain doll. =P

on 1/8/2005 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really like this foundation. I was introduced to it in Makeup school and thought for sure i'd want to chuck it when i was out working on my own. I was wrong. It covers like nobody's business, has awesome color selection, and really makes the skin flawless under harsh lights. It stays on forever as well. This product just really works. I hate cream foundations because they feel heavy and usually look heavy. This one still feels like a cream on but doesn't look cakey. I don't recommend it for everyday wear but it works wonders for pictures and camera work.

on 10/21/2004 12:39:00 PM

Can see why so many other artists' still use RCMA! Working as a makeup artist in print, film and tv these foundations are gorgeous w/ great staying power. Purchased a small shinto series pallette w/ 16 shades. Love it for my kit! Be sure to set with powder, try Dr. Haushchka's loose translucent.
Beautiful!

on 9/16/2004 3:20:00 PM

I agree with tvartdiva, this foundation is excellent! There's no way you can go wrong with it and they have colors for every shade there is. It gives excellent coverage and looks totally natural on skin. Super cheap ($15 or $17) for a small tub which lasts literally forever. I use two colors - one for eyes (Shinto I or II - can't remember right now) and another for my face K07 and they blend perfectly well together.

I like the powder too, but I've been using Alexis Vogels compact powder and loving the results! If you can find an RCMA counter (usually in places that sell theatrical/TV/Film makeup), then by all means give it a try. It's way better than those super, expensive foundations at department stores.

on 8/27/2004 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

*As a TV/ Film Union Artist I can honestly say that this is by far one of the best foundations available and a personal HG. RCMA works on a very simple TV makeup principal, no fillers= high melting temperature. It is perfect for every skin type, but for those with sensitive skin issues such as rosacea and acne it is a godsend and the coverage is flawless! Don't be intimidated by those who are not properly schooled in it's application technique. It is simple to apply and in my opinion fingers are not the best option for more than a single section. It is a total oxymoron, it covers completely yet is not heavy in texture. Anyone who finds it heavy, difficult to use or unblendable has clearly misused this product. *It can be all from a light coverage to full kabuki.

Directions:

For a long lasting, heat resistant, waterproof wear; use only a light gel moisturizer or primer under your foundation if any. Apply the foundation where you desire the most coverage, with a very warm, damp-not wet sponge stipple the foundation in a fast tapping motion to blend over the entire face (lids, lips as well) be careful not to drag or pull the sponge as you would with liquid base this will only leave you uneven. You can use with a dry sponge, but warm it against the back or you clean hand to make it more blend-able. *A brush my also be used to apply but blend. The shades that have been chosen are all accross the board. I especially love their yellow-based colors that range in depth, and are the most effective in perfecting red skin tones, and neutralizing red or hyper-pigmentation in the skin (I'm-Shinto III). Foundation should never be used to lighten or darken the skin, only correct in specific cases. Use your blusher, bronzers or my fav Ben Nye Contour Brown to contour where it is desirable to see it, * but only use dry pigments after you have set your base with complimenting loose powder like silica or (Ben Nye Banana Powder-fav!) and a puff, never a brush as it leaves texture marks. You're to take your time here, this is the most valuable step in all of your application; remember you are making a neutral canvas to which all color is to be applied. This is the foundation of celebrities, believe me I know, it's in my kit!

on 4/6/2004 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got two shades of this from Screenface, Ivory and Shinto 1. I need something pale for my pale olive-toned skin, but Ivory was way too light and pink, and Shinto 1 was too yellow and too dark. I liked the feel of this foundation though, and the idea of it not containing mineral oil. However, I didn't like it too much on my face – I didn't think it covered well without feeling heavy, and when I looked at it in natural light outside it looked very heavy and powdery. :(

on 1/9/2004 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

this is my hg foundation right now. i like to apply it w/ my fingers because sponge and foundation brushes just don't work for this particular item. like the other reviewer before me said...it's like it melts into your skin. a little goes a long way. great coverage. lasts all day. i got this in porcelein which i find a bit too light for me...but i ended up putting up w/ it because it cost me alot and took me a looooooooooooooooooong time to get this. ordered it 2 months ago and i just recently recieved it. i almost thought i was scammed but it finally came. better late than never i guess. anyway i would certainly repurchase again in a different color. probably ivory.

on 11/8/2003 10:28:00 AM

Thank you to the wonderful swapper who sent me a sample of this. I tried applying it using a sponge, which didn't work and I didn't think much of the product. A few days later I tried applying it with my fingers, which warms the product up enough to make it easy to blend. Just make sure your skin is well-moisturized prior to application. The product just melts into your skin and looks completely natural but gives excellent coverage. The color I received was KO-1 which by some strange fluke turned out to match my skin perfectly (fairly light beige)! A little bit goes a long way, so I've been using the sample pot for a while now and just ordered my own from Makeup Mania - $18 for 1 oz. - not a bad price when you realize what a small amount you need to cover your entire face. This could be it, my HG of foundations!

on 8/24/2003 5:59:00 PM

THIS IS AMAZING FOUNDATION. Kehoe invented this formula, and it is very clean and looks amazing on camera. I have been using it for over a year and my skin thanks me for it every day!

Popular Crème Foundations