Maybelline Great Lash BIG

3.5

on 2/5/2012 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I strongly believe you can buy a fantastic mascara from a drug store. No need to get the fancy department store kind. Mascara is not one of those things that you need to match a shade for or worry about clogged pores, its really just about formulation and texture etc. So why shouldn't a drug store mascara brand have the formulation of ingredients you need for volume and lengthening, shouldn't be that hard right?

Well, although other drug store mascaras DO have good formulations, but this one was a bust. I've tried Great Lash before and was disappointed, but it had been a long time so I wanted to try again. And yes, again, I am disappointed.

I went with 'Big' just because I thought it might be interesting to see how it performs. The application in the morning was slightly clumpy but not horrible. I noticed some decent volume so I was hopeful. But by lunch time the mascara has smudged and this was after ONLY putting it on my top lashes.

A mascara that smudges is not acceptable - yes I have oily skin and eye lids but I need to know that when I walk into a meeting at work I can rely on my makeup not being halfway down my face, I can't always be checking my makeup in the bathroom. This goes in the trash because $4 is not worth the hassle of returning it.

I expect reasonable performance out of my makeup products and this did not make the cut. I do not recommend this product.

on 1/21/2012 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absoluteley love this mascara!!!!! Totally recomend buying it!! The brush is kind of big, so if you don't like huge brushes, do not get this mascara! But I don't mind brushes that much, as long as the mascara works <3 This gives amazing length! I get huge full lashes in 2 coats! 3 Seems to clump a lot so don't put to much! It deffinitley gives you a BIG eyelash look! I would totally buy this again

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I just loveee this mascara and it was a shock because i'm a hater for the original great lash. I can swear it's not the same formula! It gaves me long and full thick lashes i prefer this one to hypnose from lancome so this is an another proof that you can find great products for 4 $

on 1/5/2012 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like this soooo much better than the original Great Lash. It gives me good definition and volume. One of the problems I had with the original was that it was too wet and clumped my lashes together, but I feel that this one is too dry; I can't seem to get enough product on the wand. It takes about 3 coats to achieve my desired results. It does, however, fan my lashes out with no clumping. I also wear it on my bottom lashes and I haven't had raccoon eyes. I went to a spin class today and some if it rubbed off on my face, but I was sweating heavily, so I thought it performed remarkably well, considering it's not waterproof. At under $4 USD, this is a definite repurchase.

I love this product! i have naturally extremely long lashes, so when i use this, they look false! Great Lash Big gives me the perfect full long lashes. This is the only mascara I use and I absoulety adore it!

on 12/28/2011 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Although Lancome Hypnose is and always will be my HG mascara, when I'm too broke to spend $30 on mascara I always head straight for the Maybelline Great Lash Big when it is on sale and stock up. It lasts me about 3 weeks before it starts getting clumpy in the tube which isn't bad for the price you pay for it. I like that it is a little bit liquidy so it goes on really smooth and allows me to play with my lashes a bit after to make sure they aren't drying all stuck together and nasty. I always put it on top and bottom and when I do a side by side before and after comparison it blows me away how much longer my lashes look after and I don't really think it makes them look any fuller, but they really stick out. I will continue to buy as long as they keep it the same unlike Loreal Voluminous.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I really like this mascara.It gives big well separated lashes with a giant brush .,The mascara never flakes unlike the lots of lashes one,

on 11/27/2011 1:41:00 AM

i found that although this product wasnt the BEEESST, it was great for my bottom lashes, i dont have a problem with the price au $15 and the packaging? yeh whatever

on 11/27/2011 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

After success with the Great Lash Lots of Lash version, I had to try the Great Lash Big. It's a great mascara and the large-bristle wand really good! I have only used it today and I like it so far. I even worked out and no smudges or smears! I do prefer the Lots of Lash version better as I seem to be able to achieve more curl & length. However, Big combined with the Lots of Lashes made my lashes look fuller and no clumping! As a stand-alone I would give this mascara a 3 since the consistency is a bit more wet. When used in tandem with the other mascara, a 5! So the average comes out to a 4:)

on 11/27/2011 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Meh. Found it a bit too wet, made my eyelashes kinda clumpy. It did add length, but I didn't find that it added much volume or definition. Wouldn't buy it again.

Popular Mascaras