Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting

2.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Dimethicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Cyclopentasiloxane,Hexyl Laurate,Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,PEG-10 Dimethicone,Phenoxyethanol,Stearic Acid,HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer,Alumina,Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil,Ethylhexylglycerin,Silica May Contain: CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (VEGAN)

on 8/2/2011 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have very oily skin with huge pores, and this is something I bought on a whim. It does what it promises and a little goes a long way. 2 tiny dots are enough for my entire face and makes my skin feel smooth to the touch. It definitely gives an illusion of smaller pores, as if they are blurred.

I can't really say anything about oil-control because my face oils up as usual, and besides, this primer is not for oil-control anyway. I can definitely feel that my foundation's staying power is a bit longer than usual (I use mineral foundation) but nothing THAT impressive.

So all in all, this product is pretty average - it really delivers what it promises but it isn't something that makes you go wow, considering the price. It also did not make me break out, so I will continue using this until I use my tube up because I hate letting products go to waste. I'll keep looking for better alternatives and will not repurchase again.

EDIT: This stuff caused small whitehead on my cheeks and chin. I will only use this if I have some quick errands to do and can't be bothered.

on 7/25/2011 4:16:00 AM

Actually got this as a sample. Don't know if I got a bad batch but it kinda smells rancid.. nevertheless, gross or not I did put some on despite the very off putting smell. Its alright, pores are still there but it does make my skin feel smoother.. Love urban decay but it really isn't all that.. I wouldnt waste my money on this.

on 6/28/2011 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this!!! It goes on really smooth and makes my foundation go on better. I have really oily and acne-prone skin. Often when I go to put on powder, my foundation is already getting greasy. Not with this! It makes my powder go on sooo smoothly. It also really keeps my oily skin at bay! It doesn't break me out which is wonderful. You only need a little tiny bit of this! I think everyone who says its turning them white might be taking the whole cap off and using it like a lotion. The product comes out the tip and you only need a tiny bit for your whole face. I use about half the size of a pea.

on 6/15/2011 4:42:00 AM

I received this primer as a gift, I was very interested in this product since I had never used a primer prior to it. Sadly, this doesn't really do much for my foundation application. This comes in a purple squeezy tube, very practical. It is the color of Elmer's glue but it feels very smooth and silicony when applied to the face. I don't find that my foundation goes on any better than with just a moisturized face. I don't find that it keeps my foundation on longer either. Overall not a bad product, didn't break me out or cause any other issues, but it just didn't do anything for my makeup. Will not repurchase.

on 6/3/2011 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Worst. Primer. EVER. Especially for $30. Gave my face a white-gray cast that persisted after my makeup. Oil control, what oil control? Was shiny an HOUR later, had to blot every hour, makeup was gone in 4. Come on Urban Decay, you can do better than this!

on 5/31/2011 2:32:00 PM

Unfortunately this product is not as good as the famous "Primer Potion". I wanted to try this out because i have very big pores but it did not do anything with my skin than leaving a white, greasy veil on my face. I really don`t know how you could use it as a primer or pore minimizer, because it does nothing, it does not even sink in to skin and just felts greasy and unpleasant. I am very dissapointed and won`t repurchase this.

on 5/2/2011 6:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was very disappointed with this product. The consistency is thick (think: Elmer's Glue) but it went on surprisingly well and my foundation was easily layered on top. The big, huge, massive downfall: it caused one colossal breakout. My entire forehead, chin, and areas of my cheeks were littered with pimples by the end of the day.

on 4/30/2011 3:46:00 PM

This is a really thick primer, which is good for smoothing out pores but does make putting on my mineralize cream foundation by MAC a little tricky. It is a little difficult to spread on the skin too. This is great if you are using a liquid foundation.

on 4/26/2011 6:47:00 PM

I got this on sale in the box of primers from UD. I tried it today in place of my Benefit Porefessional. It is really thick and kind of sticky. My make-up did last pretty well, but I feel kind of greasy after a day at work. As much as it costs to buy alone, I don't think I will repurchase.

on 4/25/2011 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

For $30.... It's ok.... It does cover my pores and feels really nice, but I notice that ever time I use it I end up breaking out.... I like what it does but I won't be purchasing it again.... I am pretty sure that I can find a product for way less that doesn't give me pimples 5 hours after putting it on...