Rimmel Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

3.0

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Propylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Talc, Dimethicone PEG 10/15 Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Lauryl PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lecithin, Fragrance, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Methylparaben, Gossypium Herbaceum Powder (Cotton), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Silica, Dipropylene Glycol, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geraniol, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 3/23/2013 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

While i like rimmel products, this i dont. Im used to a clear primer, this was tinted a beigey orange like color. I figured id still give it a try. Well it evened out my warm complexion and blended to where it was visible. However at the end of the day i developed pimples on my chin. Nothing in my skincare routine changed but this. This stuff is a pass and may have find another drugstore brand that works.

on 2/23/2013 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Super average primer. Does nothing but make my skin feel a BIT smoother than before. Makeup had the same lasting power with or without it. Would not repurchase at all. I prefer the Maybelline Age Rewind primer to this.

on 2/19/2013 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a pretty average primer in my opinion. The claims on the tube make it look like some kind of miracle worker, but in reality, it just makes my skin smooth. It has a makeup-y smell and comes out white. When applied to the skin, it thins out to be clear. It leaves my oily skin with a semi-matte finish, but doesn't control oil very well. I would not repurchase this because it's basically just average, and my Monistat chafing relief gel does a better job at smoothing and controlling my oil.

on 2/12/2013 4:42:00 PM

I don't like this primer at all, mostly because of the coloring. I mean, it's orange. I bought it in 001, which is supposed to be a neutral shade, but it comes out as way too dark and warm for my skin. The color doesn't fade, either. It sticks around and oxidizes. I don't find it does much in keeping my makeup in place as long as my other primers, and for the overall look, it's just not worth it. I've been on the hunt for a great drugstore primer for awhile, and this is not it. If you want a cheaper alternative, try the Revlon Photoready version. It's colorless, smooth and will keep your makeup in place for at least half the day (on oily skin). I wanted to like this, but it was a HUGE flop for me. I'm giving it to a friend with darker, warmer-toned skin. On fair girls, it's a disaster.

on 1/31/2013 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

If you have a warm skin tone like me, do NOT buy this primer! I bought it after seeing '001' on the tube, thinking it was either white or clear. It is actually a dark orange/red colour. While it isn't too visible on the skin, it does add an even warmer tone to my skin, which I don't exactly need (I'm an NW25). In terms of staying power, I find that it doesn't do much in comparison to just using moisturiser alone. Overall, I'm not too happy about this primer.

on 1/25/2013 1:30:00 AM

Okay so I'll make this short and quick; it really depends on which primer you're getting. The 001 is drying, sticks to every dry patch, the lasting power is slightly below average, and overall - not worth your money. The 002 on the other hand is definitely a better buy, smoothes well, it's not as drying, probably better for oiler skin types though, and has great lasting power. I still wouldn't rate the 002 as great as my brand primers (AKA lancome la base or smashbox). I'm more likely to use those primers on special days, but the Rimmel primer is good for casual long days since it's at such a decent price. And on that note - I'll also add that the Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer is an extremely good primer, slightly better than the 002 in my opinion but it is a bit more expensive.

on 1/25/2013 12:24:00 AM

This product did somewhat help even out my skin tone, however it made no difference (if not worsened) the "lasting" foundation aspect it claims to do.

on 1/12/2013 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Meh - doesn't do much at all - won't repurchase....no point.

on 1/5/2013 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this primer because I had never used primer before, and it was the least expensive option. The first thing I noticed was that it came out of the tube a peach/orange color. I knew from pictures of more costly primers that it should probably be clear. I don't understand why they sold it in this color when very few people are orange-skinned. Anyway, I tried it and just was not impressed. My foundation applied a bit more smoothly and some of my pores were masked, but there was no continued staying power. It was also frustrating to wait for the primer to dry and set in before using foundation. I kept it in my makeup collection, but I noticed that I almost never want to use it.

on 1/5/2013 11:43:00 AM

I am fair skinned. I went to get a primer and found this. I knew there were a lot of good reviews on this so I wanted to try this out. When I saw the product out of the tube it was orange!! I am fair skinned so that is a big NO for me. I thought maybe it wouldn't look bad on my skin so I used it in tiny amounts. It looked like an oxidized foundation!!! It is not gonna work for me. Also, it has a strange smell to it.