Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

on 11/27/2011 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I would definitely buy this concealer again! Especially with the affordable price of only $5, you can't go wrong. I've also tried the Kat Von D concealer, and it was my HG concealer until I tried this one! It has great, full coverage and doesn't irritate my acne-prone skin. It comes in a squeeze tube, that will last you forever. I have a lot of acne scars and blemishes to conceal, yet I use the tiniest amount! Less than a quarter of a pea size amount, very very little is needed to get the coverage I want. I have it in 314 tan, which luckily matches me perfectly, which may be a problem for other skin tones because I believe it only comes in 3 - 4 shades.

PROS
- affordable price ($5 - $6)
- full coverage
- very little product needed
- blends easily
- doesn't bother acne / make me break out
- flawless finish
- long lasting

CONS
- not many shades
- too much product = cakey (as with many other concealers)

from a person who has tried countless concealers at sephora & mac, this by far reigns supreme! Affordable, great formula, long lasting, doesn't get better than that!

on 11/27/2011 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I just started using this concealer about a week ago and so far it's great. Honestly, I don't have very dark circles under my eyes at all and usually just skip concealer altogether. But this definitely brightens up my whole eye area. The trick seems to be to get the smallest amount possible on a brush, apply it to the darkest part of the under eye area and then blend like crazy.

Con: I had a stye (clogged pore under eye) a few days ago. Not sure if it's from this concealer, but as it's oil based I'm going to be very vigilant about making sure to remove it all at night.

on 11/27/2011 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I so wanted to like this product based on the reviews I read here. Unfortunately, this didn't work for me at all. It is a really oily consistency, so whether I dab it on with a finger or brush, it just continues to smear everywhere, and never sets. I have tried it over and under concealor with no luck. I guess the search continues for me.

on 11/25/2011 4:53:00 PM

amazing coverage...i love how thick it is and how it doesnt look cakey....the ONLY thing i do not like is the color range! only 3 colors?! ive tried medium and tan...medium was too light for me and tan was too orangey:(....if only there was a better color range then id repurchase again. Otherwise, the consistency of it is really good and it lasts a really long time!

on 11/24/2011 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is the best blemish concealer I have ever used. It stays where I put it. I set it with powder of course. I apply it with the tip of my beauty blender or a small brush and it covers everything I want it to. Medium is the perfect shade for me. It looks like my skin wherever I put it. It's a bit too heavy for under my eyes, but perfect for everything else. It's inexpensive, so I keep one on my vanity and one in my purse (just in case). No irritation and no breakouts. Love!

on 11/22/2011 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Unfortunately for me this is the worst concealer I have ever bought. I was so looking forward to enjoying this concealer that everyone said was great! There is so much hype about it on youtube and when I tried it on I felt like crying. It was soo cakey and it did not blend well whatsoever. It has a thick yet greasy consistency and you have to really blend it out. I do use it to make at home primer now though so it hasn't gone to waste :)

on 11/20/2011 11:16:00 AM

I fell in love with this product! My most used makeup is a concealer, and I finally found something that is absolutely amazing. It is thick, but if you use a very small amount and blend well, if feels very light for the full amount of coverage it provides! I have very dark under eye circles and I wouldn't recommend any other. You get more for your money with this product, and the money is not expensive at all!

on 11/20/2011 12:16:00 AM

Oh my god, my dark circles are gone! No other concealer I've used has covered this much. and unlike other reviewers, it hasn't caked up on me (I apply it with a concealer brush). And it is really cheap too. I'm definitely stocking up on this.

Edit: I just want to add that I tried this on my tattoo out of curiosity, since it is meant for covering tattoos. It worked wonderfully. It covered my black tattoo with one layer. It worked MUCH better than this expensive Covermark "Tattoo cover kit" I bought years ago.

on 11/19/2011 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was a disappointment because of all the hype and good reviews for it. Like someone else said, this is awkward. It's thick, yet kinda greasy. It covers but not in a light, believable way. The shade selection sucked. Maybe I need to try light, because medium was way too dark. And where the heck's the SPF?!

on 11/18/2011 2:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am so dissapointed that this broke me out :(
Finally got my hands on this as everytime I went to wal mart, the light shade was sold out. Love the squeeze tube and the consistency, coverage etc.... wore this for 3 weeks straight before I clued in and realized this was breaking me out. oh well, back to the search for the perfect concealer!